Rams players are mirror images of those who coach them.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Tread lightly with these types of comments.

As far as the OC goes; he's perfect for the type of smash mouth football that Fisher has run throughout his career. Unfortunately the execution isn't there. OTOH it wouldn't bother me one bit if he was fired tomorrow morning. Anything to shake things up.

After this season, if in fact we get a new QB, a new OC needs to come in and breath some life into the offense. Gotta get G.Rob into the game if we are going to dominate in the running game. It needs to be done, and he couldn't have done worse than Davin did this week.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I'm starting to think I'm getting really annoyed with the same old "blame the OC" crap.

And this loss doesn't change my mindset about that. Losses completely can't and shouldn't be blamed on one coach.

I saw a decent defensive performance marred with 2 big plays.

I saw a terrible decision/luck by Shaun Hill.

I saw some penalties, both legit and bullcrap.

And of course injuries.

But of course, blame the OC. That will solve everything.

2 big plays? So that's the game? So it should have been 0-0 really? Not good enough. We've got enough talent to be better than that and the Rams should be able to overcome 2 bad plays against this Vikings team.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm starting to think I'm getting really annoyed with the same old "blame the OC" crap.

And this loss doesn't change my mindset about that. Losses completely can't and shouldn't be blamed on one coach.

I saw a decent defensive performance marred with 2 big plays.

I saw a terrible decision/luck by Shaun Hill.

I saw some penalties, both legit and bullcrap.

And of course injuries.

But of course, blame the OC. That will solve everything.
I might buy this if Schotty didn't have a longer track record than just the Rams.

LooNaTik83

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Which is my cardinal argument. Shouldn't a OC be in the booth making offensive calls. If your ground floor you can't see depth in offensive plays as if you were up higher. Sometimes I wonder if shotty is on his p's and q's a 110% of the time. We need vigilance!

CoachO

Hall of Fame
So its the OC's fault for all of the Offensive Pass Interference calls? The false starts, or a BS face mask call? I don't care who the OC is, there just aren't many plays in the playbook that will overcome 2nd & 20 or 3rd & 15 situations.

At some point its about execution, and that falls squarely on the players. And for all those who continue to harp on the check down to RBs on 3rd & 15, do you honestly think that is what SHOTTENHEIMER is calling? or maybe, just maybe, its the only thing available when the defense is dropping 8 in coverage? It's not like everyone of the receivers are ALL running 5 yard patterns. I guess the alternative is to force a bad throw to the sideline trying to make a play, and it ends up in an INT. But at least they didn't throw it 5 yards on 3rd and 13.

Some of you guys need to get a little bit of perspective.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
2 big plays? So that's the game? So it should have been 0-0 really? Not good enough. We've got enough talent to be better than that and the Rams should be able to overcome 2 bad plays against this Vikings team.

I'm talking defensively, yes.

The TD after the int and the long one.

Offensively weren't executing, and when they did had a penalty. Or some other issue like I said in my previous post.

LooNaTik83

Some of you guys need to get a little bit of perspective.

Well it's not about us as witnesses from our point of view as we see on television, but we as a 3rd party perspective definitely have a better perspective of the game than shotty. You're right the OC needs a better perspective ofthe game in depth.

How is it we can see the faults and he can't?[

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Well it's not about us as witnesses from our point of view as we see on television, but we as a 3rd party perspective definitely have a better perspective of the game than shotty. You're right the OC needs a better perspective ofthe game in depth.

How is it we can see the faults and he can't?[
then i suggest you send in your resume. I am sure they will give you a call TOMORROW

LooNaTik83

Are you a poster for shotty? Or shotty himself... Look I been a rams fan since the 80's. If you can't take constructive criticism we can clearly see who is at fault.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Look I'm just frustrated as you are. My visual witness of seeing where we are lacking is based of factual events. The offense did not produce why?

If you watched you also noticed that as was the case last year, the PLAYERS are executing very poorly. A coach can only tell you to block, catch or tackle so many times. At some point it's on the actual player. The OC didn't commit the ridiculous amount of penalties that killed almost every drive. I watched Minnesota run a couple of the same WR runs that were huge gains that we barely did anything with. Patterson is not that much better than Tavon. Better-probably, but not by 100 yards.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I agree Shottenheimer was terrible. He should have been let go 2 years ago. I would like to see him replaced. I agree with the OP on coaches but it all starts with Fisher.
I have had it with Fisher. I'll leave it at that as I am thinking before I post anything more.

LooNaTik83

There is light.... Of course at thee end of the tunnel. We got Tampa next week. Tampa is playing out of sync. And they got "Lovey". Who will get more "Love" outta this next game?

Stay in there.

Go Rams.

209RamsFan

The way things are going....nothing like playing our team to get back in Sync....these are professional athletes 6 pts in a game with all that talent are inexcusable.