Rams play in China in 2019

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I heard on the radio how a lot of industrial businesses shut down during the Olympics to ease the pollution in China....So, I guess they'll shut off production the week the teams in China?

What's up with coddling up with China anyway? Aren't they still abusing human rights and stuff over there? I mean, how many more fans does the NFL need?

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered....Mark Cuban wasn't playing.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
These international home games...

giphy.gif
They are Fun, once in a Blue Moon! ,But once or twice a year EVERY Year is waaaay to much! There are 32 Teams in this League, spread it around!!:rant:

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Why do we keep having to go overseas ? Even worse we keep losing home games because of it.
Sorry I just think it's the NFL, not the WFL. If you want a world football league start one.

Agreed, these things never work. People love the NFL but if there's a universal want for a world wide league create one. Stop putting home teams at a strong disadvantage just because there's a little $$$ behind it

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Open to the idea if it was a preseason game, never thought I'd see the day where I enjoy the MLB more than the NFL

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
How does China make sense? I think it is somewhat ludicrous. A global NFL is going to suck. Follow the money I guess.
Complete bullsh*t we lose another home game. I don't see any "world" games being dished out to the Chargers for their move. Freak Rodger and his No Fun League!

bnw

Pro Bowler
It is so nice that the Rams are so willing to give up their home games. London, someday Mexico City, Beijing......In fact why not be the Traveling Rams playing in 16 different cities each season?

bnw

Pro Bowler
Complete bullsh*t we lose another home game. I don't see any "world" games being dished out to the Chargers for their move. Freak Rodger and his No Fun League!
Chargers didn't make a deal with the devil.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's going to make for some serious time zone issues.
China is 12 hours ahead of us on east coast, 15 ahead on west.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/29/report-league-pushes-back-game-in-china-until-2019/

Report: League pushes back game in China until 2019
Posted by Charean Williams on June 29, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UuJxmU6OCQ

The NFL has pushed back plans to play a game in China. According to Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal, the league has postponed staging a game there in 2018, targeting 2019 instead.

Per Kaplan, the league could open the 2019 season, its 100th anniversary, in China.

It may make better sense to look at that game as an opportunity to celebrate our hundred years, in the event we can pull it off and as a way to look forward to the future,” NFL Executive Vice President/International Mark Waller said, via Kaplan.

The Rams, as the host team of the game, postponed the opening of their new stadium in Los Angeles from 2019 to 2020, allowing the league to move back the China game. The Rams now will give up a home game in 2019 to host the game in China.

The league will play four games in London and one in Mexico this season, with a Tottenham partnership beginning next season with two games. Thus, the China effort will wait, which is nothing new.

But China makes sense as the next market for the NFL to expand its brand.

Swell...

I suppose I'll have to get up at 3am on the West Coast to watch this fiasco. 6am, in the HOME market, for the London games apparently isn't bad enough.

Let's alienate the fans in the local market for ones that go to one game per year! :rolleyes:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
2o19 is the Chinese year of the Pig. Just saying. :)

stock-vector-vector-illustration-of-chinese-astrology-year-of-the-pig-boar-215197855.jpg

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully we'll be Peking as a team around that time and end up at the Superbowl.