Rams place Jordan Fuller on IR (3 week) with shoulder injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wouldn’t it be interesting if Burgess ended up taking over Fullers spot.

I would guess it’s more likely that they’d want a veteran in Fuller’s spit but with Rapp being injured early on does he have a full grasp of the defense? Not many options, Rapp and Burgess. I wonder if thingsgo poorly would they consider Ramsey in Fuller’s spot for a few weeks.
Yeah it could go either way. Both have been mixed in already. And I'd be surprised if they went with Ramsey, remove him and the corners suddenly look real shaky.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
3 weeks will take us to the bye. Hopefully he is ready by then, though I would not be rushing anyone back at 4-1 with a string of winnable games on the horizon.

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wonder if thingsgo poorly would they consider Ramsey in Fuller’s spot for a few weeks.

You know I've really been loving Ramsey's snaps in the nickel recently. While I dont always trust Hill, I do think hes slightly better on the outside. Plus Ramsey can blitz more from the slot and his physicality in the run game is night and day better than Hill's. I def don't think it should be a permanent switch, but its great to see Ramsey's versatility show up every game. Ive been impressed with how Staley has put this package in. Ramsey has hardly given up any receptions overall the past few weeks so its good to have him affect the game in other ways.

Regarding fuller I'm excited to see Burgess get more snaps honestly. Looking back at the 3rd and 22 against the Bills, I put that on JJ originally but looking at the all 22 film it was actually Burgess who should've broken it up. JJ knew he had help behind and let him go, and the only reason it was completed was b/c Burgess planted his foot and fucking slipped. Just really bad luck. If he doesn't slip he breaks that up 100% and we likely win that game. But I think hes better in coverage than Rapp right now even though we'll likely see a pretty even split of both. Hopefully they both play well in their roles.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It's good to have the depth that we do. Further proof that Snead has drafted well despite selling his soul for first rd picks since 2016.
Is amazing they are 4-1 and one of the youngest rosters in the league and they had the youngest starting 22 on week 1.

Shows that having first rounders is overrated. I always like having the ability to trade back and get multiple day two picks even when they have a first.

Having said that, it would be nice to get another young star for the DL in 22' when they get a first again.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Dammit.... I wanted to see him smack some shitty-niners around this weekend.

Guess Rapp will have to do the smacking.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You know I've really been loving Ramsey's snaps in the nickel recently. While I dont always trust Hill, I do think hes slightly better on the outside. Plus Ramsey can blitz more from the slot and his physicality in the run game is night and day better than Hill's. I def don't think it should be a permanent switch, but its great to see Ramsey's versatility show up every game. Ive been impressed with how Staley has put this package in. Ramsey has hardly given up any receptions overall the past few weeks so its good to have him affect the game in other ways.

Regarding fuller I'm excited to see Burgess get more snaps honestly. Looking back at the 3rd and 22 against the Bills, I put that on JJ originally but looking at the all 22 film it was actually Burgess who should've broken it up. JJ knew he had help behind and let him go, and the only reason it was completed was b/c Burgess planted his foot and fucking slipped. Just really bad luck. If he doesn't slip he breaks that up 100% and we likely win that game. But I think hes better in coverage than Rapp right now even though we'll likely see a pretty even split of both. Hopefully they both play well in their roles.

If Burgess is ready step into Fullers spot then great. I agree that his slip is what allowed that play. Get him some longer cleats.

I like Ramsey wherever the better receiver is. Against the Niners I'm guessing its going to be the slot again to cover Kittle. But I'm also expecting Shanahan to move Kittle around so it may be best to lock Jalen on him no matter where he goes. I also agree that Hill is better on the outside. Many of us suspected Williams to play the slot, or even Burgess possibly.

It really looks like they are geared up to let JJ walk. I hope not because he's gotten comfortable in this defense and is playing well. He'd be a big loss and having an extra safety in Burgess is not a bad thing, as we are finding out.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
What’s with all the younger guys on the Rams getting injured? Akers, Fuller, OBO, Noteboom, Kiser. Howard. While the veterans are all healthy.
Your answer is in your question.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Shows that having first rounders is overrated. I always like having the ability to trade back and get multiple day two picks even when they have a first.
I've always thought that good scouting was underrated.

And I love the caliber of football player they are drafting, signing and picking up.
Smart
Competitive
High character
Team players

These late draft picks, other teams cast offs and UDFAs we've been picking up have been really outstanding;
Troy Reeder
Jordan Fuller
Malcolm Brown
Austin Corbett
Austin Blythe
David Edwards
Morgan Fox
Darius Williams
Troy Hill
Sebastian-Day

Amazing production out of these guys.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What’s with all the younger guys on the Rams getting injured? Akers, Fuller, OBO, Noteboom, Kiser. Howard. While the veterans are all healthy.
The Rams are young in a lot of places,but no OTA’s does not help the Transition of being an NFL player.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
The Rams are young in a lot of places,but no OTA’s does not help the Transition of being an NFL player.
Fuller was as ready out of the box as any rookie I can remember not named AD. It is amazing how good he is, and how much the Rams' secondary already depends on him. It will suck to have him miss three games but he will be good for the stretch run.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fuller was as ready out of the box as any rookie I can remember not named AD. It is amazing how good he is, and how much the Rams' secondary already depends on him. It will suck to have him miss three games but he will be good for the stretch run.

Agree - was never sold on Tyler Rapp. A big reason The Rams lost to Bills & beat Philly. -Fuller has been excellent playing FS. Burton though is not who was drafted before him.

The question was about injuries though from young players.Tyler Rapp was hurt as well before the season.
If you count OBO & Noteboom then what about Tyler Rapp & of course Fuller. Lewis ?? Still waiting for Robinson to get on the field.