Rams 'open for business' at 2nd overall pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Read where they re interested in Manziel. Won't need to trade up for him!

won't they? What happens when the jaguars show a little interest in him? And they will if they're smart about it.

RFIP

Yes we will. I'd love to have a perennial loser like the Jaguars give us a first this year, and next year so we can keep expanding on the RG3 trade through 2015 and root for the Jags continued failures.

They should call Snyder again. Tell him "hey Dan, remember that #2 overall pick you wanted so badly 2 years ago? Well WE GOT IT AGAIN FOR SALE THANKS TO YOU!!!!"

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think the trade charts show Cleveland giving us the 4th, 24th and 122nd (Rd 4, pick 26) for the Rams' 2nd pick. I want that trade!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
won't they? What happens when the jaguars show a little interest in him? And they will if they're smart about it.

My thinking is that Manziel's not a top 5 talent. 20 plus talent. Never know, though if Cleveland thinks he is?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the trade charts show Cleveland giving us the 4th, 24th and 122nd (Rd 4, pick 26) for the Rams' 2nd pick. I want that trade!

If they want Manziel, give me their 2015 1st instead of the Colts 1st this year.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
No way on earth I'd give up a first round pick strait up for Josh Gordon. No reason I wouldn't have him involved in part of a deal for say; our 1, their 2 and their 1 next year. Whether that would fly I doubt it though.

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I mean Josh Gordon is in the discussion for the best WR in the NFL. If he isn't the number 1 guy, he is 1A.

I couldn't see the Browns giving up much more than him for our number 2 pick. Although I keep having to remind myself, they are the Browns! :woot:

BadCompany

Rookie
I think there is the possibility of us trading down not once, but twice. Hypothetically, let's say we trade the 2nd to Cleveland for the 4th and whatever the trade chart says (26th and a 4th rounder, apparently). Then let's say there is a run on QBs; Bridgewater, Carr, Bortles, Manziel, whoever, in whatever order you want to put them in. Not saying it's smart, but let's pretend. Then we're sitting at #4 with BOTH Clowney and Matthews still on the board. Wouldn't that cause a number of bidding wars to break out all of a sudden? Hell, even if only one of Clowney or Matthews is still there we could pick up a nice haul, to say nothing of the fact that somebody else may suddenly become hot-stuff heading into the draft.

Using that trade value chart:

The 2nd overall to Cleveland for the 4th, the 26th and a 4th rounder

The 4th overall to, lets say Buffalo for the 9th overall and their 2nd rounder (41st overall, I think).

On draft day we'd have the 9th, 13th, 26th, and 41st and 45th to play with... And that's not discounting the fact that some team may overpay above and beyond the value of the "chart".

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I think there is the possibility of us trading down not once, but twice. Hypothetically, let's say we trade the 2nd to Cleveland for the 4th and whatever the trade chart says (26th and a 4th rounder, apparently). Then let's say there is a run on QBs; Bridgewater, Carr, Bortles, Manziel, whoever, in whatever order you want to put them in. Not saying it's smart, but let's pretend. Then we're sitting at #4 with BOTH Clowney and Matthews still on the board. Wouldn't that cause a number of bidding wars to break out all of a sudden? Hell, even if only one of Clowney or Matthews is still there we could pick up a nice haul, to say nothing of the fact that somebody else may suddenly become hot-stuff heading into the draft.

The 4th overall to, lets say Buffalo for the 9th overall and their 2nd rounder (41st overall, I think).

On draft day we'd have the 9th, 13th, 26th, and 41st and 45th to play with... And that's not discounting the fact that some team may overpay above and beyond the value of the "chart".
Holy smokes, I like that!

iced

I don't for see a trade down with cleveland - they're eyeing manziel and they can probably get him at #4.

unless another team wants him, then that would change....but with barr,clowney up there, really easy to see him fall...plus bortles

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I don't for see a trade down with cleveland - they're eyeing manziel and they can probably get him at #4.

unless another team wants him, then that would change....but with barr,clowney up there, really easy to see him fall...plus bortles
+1, I can't see anyone getting lathered up enough to take JM before four.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
My guess is that Snead will trade down no lower than 8, probably somewhere between 4 and 8.

Historically, there will be a great player available between 4 and 8, you just have to make the right decision.

In 2012, there were 6 guys considered the top tier players. Luck, RG3, Kalil, TRichardson, Claiborne, and Blackmon. And they all went in the top 6. Outside of Luck, the other were outplayed by guys drafted below them. Half of them will never see a Pro Bowl. That is just another good reason to trade down.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Let's tell Washington they can have their pick for a first round pick for the next 3 years and a 2nd round pick this year...:cool:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

I've been doing that over and over again on first-pick.com because the offers keep coming in with that scenario. I don't know how realistic it all is but often times, trades are offered with any top 12 pick so I've traded 3 and 4 times and ended up with 5 or 6 2nd round picks.