Rams 'open for business' at 2nd overall pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
I mean, is anyone really suprised here?

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/...ll-pick?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Rams GM Les Snead "made it clear" Sunday that St. Louis is "open for business" with the No. 2 overall draft pick.
The Rams have an extensive history of trading down and stockpiling picks under Snead, and hope to do so again with a choice that could easily turn into Jedeveon Clowney, assuming the Texans draft Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater at No. 1 overall. Per King, Snead would "like to get an extra first-rounder out of the deal if possible." Snead would obviously love for another quarterback's "stock" to rise ahead of the draft, perhaps Fresno State's Derek Carr.
Source: SI.com Dec 30 - 3:28 PM

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Not surprised at all...but love the fact they are openly putting it up for bid.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And I'm all but positive, after the combine, we will have someone willing to give up an awful lot for one of these kids coming out.

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And I'm all but positive, after the combine, we will have someone willing to give up an awful lot for one of these kids coming out.

Yes we will. I'd love to have a perennial loser like the Jaguars give us a first this year, and next year so we can keep expanding on the RG3 trade through 2015 and root for the Jags continued failures.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

cleveland is the obvious choice here. stocked up on draft picks and will ensure that they get their guy. they missed out on rg3-10 and won't let that happen again.

Name
JP

cleveland is the obvious choice here. stocked up on draft picks and will ensure that they get their guy. they missed out on rg3-10 and won't let that happen again.

Yea, they do seem like our obvious trade partner.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would love to get the Browns and Colts 1st rounders!

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This shit is getting me excited for the combine and we haven't even seen a playoff game yet.

I never thought we'd get as much as we got in the RGIII trade (and wouldn't of made it from their perspective myself, mainly because I loved Russell Wilson) so I'm really not expecting too much in the way of a trade this year.

A55VA6

Legend
There's no one I really want with the value of a #2 pic, so trade that sucker.

Name
JP
I never thought we'd get as much as we got in the RGIII trade (and wouldn't of made it from their perspective myself, mainly because I loved Russell Wilson) so I'm really not expecting too much in the way of a trade this year.
Lets hope some of these NFL GMs aren't as smart as you!:woot:

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob

Read where they re interested in Manziel. Won't need to trade up for him!

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hell no, I wouldn't give a second rounder for that walking trouble.

tonyl711

Starter
I think the very least they would take is a switch of first rounders this year, plus this years second rounder and next years first rounder. I can see Snead playing hard ball on this one.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
To play that hard of ball, we would have to be in love with someone not to just take the best offer

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Man i love how much the Redskins suck!!
Maybe they'll trade us 4 first round picks to jump up and grab Johnny Football. Haha!

"And the bidding will start at 2 first rounders. Do I hear 3? C'mon on now C'mon now *mumble mumble. Prime real estate, fellas. Thank you guy in the back! (Shannahan)." Lol

tonyl711

Starter
EJ I think they figure if no one will give up what they want they would be happy with either Mathews or Clowney, 2 firsts and a second, its the gift that keeps on giving.