Rams On The Clock - Pick #2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm posting this same scenario at on stltoday, lets see which forum comes up with the better draft.

Houston selects Blake Bortles with the #1 overall selection.

The Rams are on the Clock.

Despite media reports of a looming trade with Atlanta, Les hasn't been able to get Dimitroff to meet the Rams price for the #2 pick.

Atlanta has offered #6 and #37 for the #2 pick and they are on the phone renewing that offer now.

The only other offer worth considering is coming from the Giants who are offering #12, #43, and a 2015 First Round pick for #2.

Take the Atlanta Offer, Take the Giants Offer, or Choose One Guy for pick #2.

Please only vote for one thing - I will run through this draft (or at least the first few rounds for as long as people are interested) - and the Rams decisions will be based on majority rules. I don't need the rest of your mock draft - just what you would do as the Rams are On the Clock at this particular pick.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Take the Atlanta trade(as much as i want the future 1st...the Atlanta 2015 1st will be a low end pick). By picking at #6 we can still land a blue chip talent.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Why would the Giants make such a bad trade offer? Sure, they will take a DLineman if he's the best player available on their draft board, but trade up so much for one? No way.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why would the Giants make such a bad trade offer? Sure, they will take a DLineman if he's the best player available on their draft board, but trade up so much for one? No way.

Perhaps they aren't trading up for Clowney?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
They haven't said and the Rams haven't asked - but they privately suspect Greg Robinson is the target. Its just a game, as you know. Care to play this year?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd have to take the Atlanta offer, but I'd like to know who they were taking. I'd hate to drop below #6, chances are a really special player is still there, plus, chance another team could try to make a move to get that new pick, or even the #13 pick. If we dropped down, then I think that we would think, that there's a not a difference taking a player in the top 10, for a chance to possibly get more starters.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
By a vote of 2-1-1-0, the Rams take the Atlanta offer. The Rams now have the #6, the #13, the #37 and the #44.

So its

1. Hou - Blake Bortles
2. ATL - Jadeveon Clowney

3. Jax - Greg Robinson
4. Clev - Johnny Manziel
5. Oakland is on the clock.

They are offering the #5 overall for #13 and #44.

Take the trade up or wait until 13. Les has spoken with all of the teams from 5-12 and this is as cheap as trading up gets.

Take the trade and make a pick

or

Wait and see what is there at #6

Wonderboy

Rookie
So the moral of the story is, take the trade, pick Watkins and Matthews back to back and still have a better 2nd rounder than we originally started out with. If you could guarantee that happens today, I'd say sign me up!

By a vote of 2-1-1-0, the Rams take the Atlanta offer. The Rams now have the #6, the #13, the #37 and the #44.

So its

1. Hou - Blake Bortles
2. ATL - Jadeveon Clowney

3. Jax - Greg Robinson
4. Clev - Johnny Manziel
5. Oakland is on the clock.

They are offering the #5 overall for #13 and #44.

Take the trade up or wait until 13. Les has spoken with all of the teams from 5-12 and this is as cheap as trading up gets.

Take the trade and make a pick

or

Wait and see what is there at #6

Stay put and take one of Matthews/Watkins.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
By a vote of 1-0, (I couldnt tell what Wonderboy was going to do) the Rams elect to stay put.

1. Hou - Bortles
2. ATL - Clowney
3. Jax - Robinson
4. Clev - Manziel
5. Oak - Sammy Watkins
6. STL -

The Rams are on the clock.

No trade down offers worth reporting. Time to turn a card in. Who do the Rams take?

paceram

Pro Bowler
By a vote of 1-0, (I couldnt tell what Wonderboy was going to do) the Rams elect to stay put.

1. Hou - Bortles
2. ATL - Clowney
3. Jax - Robinson
4. Clev - Manziel
5. Oak - Sammy Watkins
6. STL -

The Rams are on the clock.

No trade down offers worth reporting. Time to turn a card in. Who do the Rams take?

Jake Matthews

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Matthews. Good to see you back over here 12! I haven't been to Ramstalk for months now. That place got way to crazy for me.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
So the moral of the story is, take the trade, pick Watkins and Matthews back to back and still have a better 2nd rounder than we originally started out with. If you could guarantee that happens today, I'd say sign me up!

That's what I want to happen!