Rams On The Clock - Pick #2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamsonDemand selects Jake Matthews with the #6 pick. The first round continues ....

6. STL - Jake Matthews
7. TB - Khalil Mack
8. Min - Teddy Bridgewater
9. Buff - Anthony Barr
10. Det - Eric Ebron
11. Ten - Taylor Lewan
12. NYG - CJ Mosely
13. The Rams are back on the clock.

2 trade offers on the table:

17 and 79 for #13 from Baltimore

36 and a 2015 first round pick from Oakland

Take the Baltimore deal, the Oakland deal, or pick one player.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Matthews. Good to see you back over here 12! I haven't been to Ramstalk for months now. That place got way to crazy for me.

It's good to be here - rams talk is still a lot to sift through, but both sites have posters that I still find worth reading. Any way to edit a thread title here?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Take Evans at 13, gives us the rest of the draft to focus on an OG and defense. Offense is essentially set. Quality over quantity, its time to win now.

ausmurp

Starter
I'm sorry to go off track but Jacksonville would never draft a LT in top 5 for 2 straight yrs. That is not realistic. They're taking Mack, Watkins, or Bridgewater in this scenario.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm sorry to go off track but Jacksonville would never draft a LT in top 5 for 2 straight yrs. That is not realistic.

Fair point, and likely correct. Please don't take this too seriously, its just a fake scenario meant to promote discussion of the draft. Memphis pointed out earlier that the NYG wouldnt make the trade up offer proposed - also likely correct.

I try to cover a multitude of unexpected scenarios, it won't always 'work' - but I'll do my best to stick a bit closer to reality - sometimes I won't be able to do that simply because I am trying to make the scenarios consistent between this board and Rams Talk - I want to see who ends up with the better draft. I'm getting a lot more responses over there - I'm wondering if I should have made this thread in the general forum instead of mock drafts - I just didn't want to clog the board with my dumb little game - seemed more appropriate here.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
By a vote of 2-1-1, RamsonDemand takes the Baltimore offer.

The Rams now have Jake Matthews, #17, #37, #44, #75, and #79 in rounds 1-3.

then this happens:

13. Balt - Mike Evans
14. Chi - Timmy Jernigan
15. Pit - Louis Nix
16. Dallas - Aaron Donald
17. The Rams are back on the clock.

Phones are quiet. Time to pick - please vote for one guy.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Best secondary player, which I believe is the tall corner Justin Gilbert.

Man this is looking like a nice draft...

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Justin Gilbert is the RamsonDemand selection at #17.

And away we go ....

17. Rams - Justin Gilbert
18. NYJ - Marqise Lee
19. Miami is on the clock and the Rams phone rings.

Miami is offering the #19 overall selection in exchange for the Rams #37 and #44 overall picks.

Take the Dolphins offer?

laramsoriginal

Starter
Decline Miami's offer.

The draft is loaded. Rams could potentially add two starters with the 37th and 44th pick.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
DECLINE.... Need those picks badly

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Decline. All the players I had pegged are gone. Now it's time to add upside and depth.