Rams: Nick Foles Is the Quarterback Team Has Been Waiting for

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrankenRam

Starter
OH, so important!!!

I do not see this as a team that can overcome a large scoring deficit. I hope I'm wrong.

I do not see this team as one that will have to overcome a large scoring deficit. Sure, it's likely they'll have one game where they'll just stink up the joint, or they'll just have the bad luck to run into a really hot team somewhere along the line. But overall, I'm guessing a 2 TD deficit will likely be a LARGE deficit this year.

Of course, that optimism is based on the D picking up where it left off at the end of last season and the O being sufficiently improved to score at least 4 points more per game on avg. And the latter may only happen if a couple of the rookie OL play above their draft position. Wouldn't that be a sweet change....to have an O draftee play to, or above, their draft position. Other than Stacy and maybe Mason, how often has that happened in recent memory.

fearsomefour

Legend
The real advantage to having a great pound the ball offense is the ability to work off of play action and mix in first down passes....to become not predictable. To be effectively not predictable something, run or pass, has to be established.
As for Foles, he is a guy with potential to lead a group with potential. Withholding both excitement and pessimism.

fearsomefour

Legend
I do not see this team as one that will have to overcome a large scoring deficit. Sure, it's likely they'll have one game where they'll just stink up the joint, or they'll just have the bad luck to run into a really hot team somewhere along the line. But overall, I'm guessing a 2 TD deficit will likely be a LARGE deficit this year.

Of course, that optimism is based on the D picking up where it left off at the end of last season and the O being sufficiently improved to score at least 4 points more per game on avg. And the latter may only happen if a couple of the rookie OL play above their draft position. Wouldn't that be a sweet change....to have an O draftee play to, or above, their draft position. Other than Stacy and maybe Mason, how often has that happened in recent memory.
Very few teams can come from sizable deficits .
Heck, even the Greatest Show On Turf was not good at this. They were one of the better play from in front offenses of all time, but, if they got into a hole they tended to struggle.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Put me in the camp who still believes in Bradford. I think he will have a huge season in Philly.

But; I am also ready to admit we HAD to make this move. If Sam got hurt again, Fisher/Snead would look like fools.

Foles is a good bet to have success in the Fisher system. Maybe not at Bradford's ceiling, but potentially very good.

QB was the missing link. Even when healthy Bradford was just adequate.