Rams NFL sack leaders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jamir Jones also inspires confidence that he'll get better, and we still have Chris Garrett to consider. Even without Hollins, we've just been plowing forward and making shrewd signings like what we did with Hollins last year. That's an enormous credit to whomever does the NFL scouting; they've simply made so many good moves, and it helps that we're one of the better drafting and UDFA signing teams.
I think we have a nice room, kind of a power room tbh. But someone being a little better opposite Floyd would be great on the pass rush. Just lacking threat there.

Overall rush is probably around 10th if we correct for teams completing a ton of underneath shit and teams coming in schemed to do that. But still the hope is someone emerges.

Seems like Garrett's in McVay's doghouse since that COVID shit. But it might be more than that of course.

J Jones is scrappy but looks like what we have already. Just keep rotating them I guess and hope one of them goes apeshit.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think we have a nice room, kind of a power room tbh. But someone being a little better opposite Floyd would be great on the pass rush. Just lacking threat there.

Overall rush is probably around 10th if we correct for teams completing a ton of underneath shit and teams coming in schemed to do that. But still the hope is someone emerges.

Seems like Garrett's in McVay's doghouse since that COVID shit. But it might be more than that of course.

J Jones is scrappy but looks like what we have already. Just keep rotating them I guess and hope one of them goes apeshit.

I suspect Obo will be leaving as a free agent following this season, so I'd assume the Rams will be looking at another outside free agent or use the draft to fill that hole. jmo.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Like I said. I don’t get too excited about developmental players until I see it. Anything before that is projection. Hundreds of drafted players are projected every year at draft time.

Most including me were pleasantly surprised by the big step forward in Hollins play this season.

If you weren’t at all surprised by how much better Hollins has played this year, then you must be an incredible talent evaluator. Maybe you should be a GM.

I find in general fans get overly excited about late round picks and UDFAs. For instance it seemed that from the buzz Jordan Fuller would be a pro bowler this year. Hollins played well for a first year player but he wasn’t ‘that’ good.
I think you and I have very different views on what a developmental player is.
Player A
28 tackles 18 solo and 3 sacks last year 349 snaps
Player B
31 tackles 18 solo and 4.5 sacks last year in 363 snaps

Player A is Hollins... B is Ebukam.. these are both of their numbers from the Rams last year and that's with Hollins joining the Rams late and just getting worked in through the season.
Ebukam signed a 2 year $12 million dollar contract, to give some $$ context to his performance.

Hollins showed he could play last year and actually produced. You mention he was a waiver pickup as if that has anything to do with his actual performance. Darious Williams was a waiver pickup. Teams try to sneak guys onto their practice squads and it costs them sometimes.

PFF, for what it's worth thought Hollins was pretty decent last year.

I wasn't expecting him to be an all pro or anything like that, but I expected him to get more snaps than last year and to produce at least at the rate he did, especially with a full offseason with the Rams and a defined role.

I'm not an incredible talent evaluator, this one was just kind of easy to see because we actually watched him play for the Rams last year and play well.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I suspect Obo will be leaving as a free agent following this season, so I'd assume the Rams will be looking at another outside free agent or use the draft to fill that hole. jmo.
I think there's a solid chance Garrett or Jones turn into someone who can be counted on to produce what Obo does.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think there's a solid chance Garrett or Jones turn into someone who can be counted on to produce what Obo does.

I agree, although it's tough to say right now who might be starting material and who might be more successful in a rotational or back-up role.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I agree, although it's tough to say right now who might be starting material and who might be more successful in a rotational or back-up role.
The Rams have Hollins, Lewis, and Garrett under contract next season, in addition to Floyd. They control Jones. I think they'll be fine and they'll also probably bring someone in through the draft.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Least you guys have sack leaders. We only have sack LOSERS!
Time to dump the Chefs!
ijJtepk.jpg

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The Rams have Hollins, Lewis, and Garrett under contract next season, in addition to Floyd. They control Jones. I think they'll be fine and they'll also probably bring someone in through the draft.

In other words, you're agreeing with me.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
In other words, you're agreeing with me.
Oh, I guess.
I mean.. Hollins was the starter and Lewis' knee needs to be monitored, so I assume they'd go back to that setup.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Oh, I guess.
I mean.. Hollins was the starter and Lewis' knee needs to be monitored, so I assume they'd go back to that setup.

It's definitely possible, even likely, although being that injuries have been having their impact, depending on what the Rams might be willing to spend, either for a free agent or draft pick, may be telling in how things continue to unfold. jmo.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Looks like the Rams are alone at top with most sacks after this week. Minny got three tonight, not enough to stay ahead of the Rams.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Player A
Player B

Player A is Hollins... B is Ebukam.. these are both of their numbers from the Rams last year and that's with Hollins joining the Rams late and just getting worked in through the season.
Ebukam signed a 2 year $12 million dollar contract, to give some $$ context to his performance.

Hollins showed he could play last year and actually produced. You mention he was a waiver pickup as if that has anything to do with his actual performance. Darious Williams was a waiver pickup. Teams try to sneak guys onto their practice squads and it costs them sometimes.

I wasn't expecting him to be an all pro or anything like that, but I expected him to get more snaps than last year and to produce at least at the rate he did, especially with a full offseason with the Rams and a defined role.

I'm not an incredible talent evaluator, this one was just kind of easy to see because we actually watched him play for the Rams last year and play well.
He played good against the pass and run. He was not looking like he’d be a consistent pass rusher off the edge. At least not the way you’d like a blind side edge rusher to produce. His pass rush this year was much improved. Many of us were pleasantly surprised. Hollins, Lewis, Obo all came with questions. Two being health. I understand people’s concerns. I wasn’t overly concerned.

Regarding Floyd, most of the concern was about a huge cap hit for a guy who only produced at a high level for one year. In Chicago he had a good defense to play on with two very good Dlinemen. He didn’t have nearly the season he did with the Rams.
It was a reasonable conclusion.

I let Demoff worry about the cap. My biggest concern.was losing both JJ and Hill. It would have been nice to keep one or the other. I preferred JJ.

I just don’t like the “Some people said” posting. A few posters on here do it. It’s not necessary and it’s a bit degrading to a fan forum where many people like to play GM. I usually block those posters. It’s just negative finger pointing. And I’m not just talking about at me. It’s not always me they are talking about. In general it’s usually done without considering all of the angles. It’s stupid and annoys me. There are a lot of good and intelligent fans here. They know where they were wrong and where they were right.

Clear it up for you?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He played good against the pass and run. He was not looking like he’d be a consistent pass rusher off the edge. At least not the way you’d like a blind side edge rusher to produce. His pass rush this year was much improved. Many of us were pleasantly surprised. Hollins, Lewis, Obo all came with questions. Two being health. I understand people’s concerns. I wasn’t overly concerned.

Regarding Floyd, most of the concern was about a huge cap hit for a guy who only produced at a high level for one year. In Chicago he had a good defense to play on with two very good Dlinemen. He didn’t have nearly the season he did with the Rams.
It was a reasonable conclusion.

I let Demoff worry about the cap. My biggest concern.was losing both JJ and Hill. It would have been nice to keep one or the other. I preferred JJ.

I just don’t like the “Some people said” posting. A few posters on here do it. It’s not necessary and it’s a bit degrading to a fan forum where many people like to play GM. I usually block those posters. It’s just negative finger pointing. And I’m not just talking about at me. It’s not always me they are talking about. In general it’s usually done without considering all of the angles. It’s stupid and annoys me. There are a lot of good and intelligent fans here. They know where they were wrong and where they were right.

Clear it up for you?

My original post didn't have any finger wagging in it, just evaluating where the Rams are at right now and what some of the thoughts going into the season about the pass rush.

Looking at things from many angles includes in retrospective to understand what we may have missed and why we may have been right or wrong.

The Floyd thing wasn't calling anyone out.. it was merely a statement about how well he's performing. Even people who were skeptical of him are praising him.

It's just a conversation.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Player A
Player B

I forgot this part: what I think a developmental player is, is most of the Rams roster aside from established players. Up until last season SeBas was developmental. All of the Rams draft choices this year are developmental. Players taken from other teams practice squads or headed there are developmental. It seems the difference in opinion is that one decent year does not take them off that list for me.

You brought up Ebukam. His best season imo was 2018. He looked like a budding playmaker. But he regressed or didn’t fit the new defense. I see two years of consistent improve then I stop calling a player developmental. If I still see areas in their game that I think they can improve on them I continue thinking they are still a work in progress.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My original post didn't have any finger wagging in it, just evaluating where the Rams are at right now and what some of the thoughts going into the season about the pass rush.

Looking at things from many angles includes in retrospective to understand what we may have missed and why we may have been right or wrong.

The Floyd thing wasn't calling anyone out.. it was merely a statement about how well he's performing. Even people who were skeptical of him are praising him.

It's just a conversation.
Sorry. I’ve been very annoyed with a few people on here lately whose focus seems to be telling people who wrong they were. I took your comment the wrong way.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I forgot this part: what I think a developmental player is, is most of the Rams roster aside from established players. Up until last season SeBas was developmental. All of the Rams draft choices this year are developmental. Players taken from other teams practice squads or headed there are developmental. It seems the difference in opinion is that one decent year does not take them off that list for me.

You brought up Ebukam. His best season imo was 2018. He looked like a budding playmaker. But he regressed or didn’t fit the new defense. I see two years of consistent improve then I stop calling a player developmental. If I still see areas in their game that I think they can improve on them I continue thinking they are still a work in progress.
A developmental player, to me, is someone with skills that you're hoping to develop into someone who can contribute at an NFL level. A "not ready for prime time" player.. someone who needs to be coached, maybe needs strength work, maybe needs a position switch.
These are guys who are very low rotation, if even that, until it "clicks" for them.
None of that describes what I saw out of Hollins last year. I saw a solid contributor with room to grow.
All young players in their first few seasons are developing.. but that doesn't mean they're "developmental" players.
Want a guy who's developmental? Jacob Harris.
Justin Hollins was a contributor on the number one ranked defense in the NFL last season. He had the 10th most snaps on the Rams defense.
I pointed out Ebukam because a guy who played like that last year got a 2 year $12 million dollar contract. It's a comp to where Hollins is at.
Of course.. this is all *my perspective* of what a "developmental" player is.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I see two years of consistent improve then I stop calling a player developmental. If I still see areas in their game that I think they can improve on them I continue thinking they are still a work in progress.

Man, I was really looking forward to Nick Scott taking another step this year but it looks like he regressed...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Man, I was really looking forward to Nick Scott taking another step this year but it looks like he regressed...
Me too. He looked good in spots last year. I guess consistency is one of the tougher parts of the game. They needed him to take the next step, losing two DBs.