Rams Next Great NFL Team? Sweet...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd say that we are looking to be exactly what I have wanted since the Super Bowl years, becoming sustainable. Sustainable is what great teams do. I have one one problem, Whitworth, I truly don't know what we'd do without him, but so far, I have to trust that we will develop somebody.

I don't just want to be good at this point, I want to be good for the next ten years. I feel we have the base for that.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Yea...ill hold off. We're good now, but I mean look at our entire division after they got new coaches (even us). 49ners, Seahawks and Cards became legit when they changed coaches and personnel. But did it last? The Bills, Eagles, Jags, etc have new coaches and are looking like legit teams, but it has to last.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I'd say that we are looking to be exactly what I have wanted since the Super Bowl years, becoming sustainable. Sustainable is what great teams do. I have one one problem, Whitworth, I truly don't know what we'd do without him, but so far, I have to trust that we will develop somebody.

I don't just want to be good at this point, I want to be good for the next ten years. I feel we have the base for that.

Agree about Whit (we're on a nickname basis:LOL:), but just keep telling myself "Slater played till he was 40". He is seriously invaluable, both playing and leadership wise.

When you get good, you start sparking FA interest and discounts. When you have to start picking and choosing you can go after depth and long-term answers.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
When you get good, you start sparking FA interest and discounts. When you have to start picking and choosing you can go after depth and long-term answers.
Agreed. It's all inclusive to the sustainability clubs.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't listen too closely to what these pundits said the first few weeks (doubters, then)... I'm not gonna listen too hard now.

One game at a time. It's what McVay preaches, it's what the players say and it's what I'm gonna do.

Last edited:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame

1. "So climb aboard the Rams bandwagon. Get to know the players, coaches and personalities. You'll see clever end-arounds, precision-blocked Gurley runs, smooth Goff progressions, bone-crushing sacks and 60-yard punts. "You may even see Sammy Watkins if you look hard enough" :LOL:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Josh McDaniels started out 6-0 IIRC, and though McV is cut from a different cloth, I'd still tap the brakes a bit here

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I have to roll with @dieterbrock here
we need to see how we're playing in December...January first....

7 games shows we got something....16 games will tell the tale

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to roll with @dieterbrock here
we need to see how we're playing in December...January first....

7 games shows we got something....16 games will tell the tale
Great post!.

Although I won't deny any Rams fan their right to drown in the kool-aid right now... they have every reason to.

But, to me, this has been a series of challenges, or tests for these coaches and staff.
* Can they win on the road (this one seems to have been answered)
* Can they beat the good teams (a little inconsistent here thus far... and there are quite a few good teams left on the schedule)
* Can they bounce back from a bad loss? Luckily, they haven't experienced a bad loss (and I hope they don't)
* Inclement weather conditions (most all their games have been either indoors or with pleasant weather. I don't see any snow possibilities in the schedule... but how will this offense run in sloppy conditions (very wet)?
* More real pressure games... they really could have used the SEA game but played it sloppy and lost. There will be more "must-have" games from here on out.

In other words, can they maintain their composure over an entire season? They have thus far... very well.

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It's pretty clear that this is a massively improved (and improving) team. And most of the significant talent is young, very young. The Rams could be set up for a long time with a good corps of both offense and defense to build around.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Sustainability cones down to Snead & Demoff. I think Snead has done a good job finding late gems in the draft, that can keep rthem afloat a song as they have the QB.

As bad as Fisher was, had he had a QB and OC, they would have been solid. They have been held hostage by QB/offense for previous 3 years

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Josh McDaniels started out 6-0 IIRC, and though McV is cut from a different cloth, I'd still tap the brakes a bit here

I see your point, however Josh McDumps games were far different looking than ours. If we were 6-0 at this point I would have a tendency to agree with you, we have already tasted defeat twice this season and have since then bounced back in a big way. Also our team has a pretty good defense, McDumps most certainly did not.
Comparing apples to oranges.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mash the pedal, bro! SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
se1Z7Ly.png