Rams may be having problems with their tenants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Their agreement to be in the stadium was to have $200 million from PSL sales go towards construction costs. They've downgraded their PSL sales estimate from $400 million to $150 million. That's where this tension/frictions/trouble is coming from. That's what they aren't able to pay.

Lets not start a St Louis vs NFL thread again can we stick to the topic? Yes I realize you didn't start it.

I'm pretty sure everyone will get over it if that's all it is.

Well, I absolutely love the chargers for taking the spot the Raiders would have fit into. No mater how well the Rams play, the Raiders would have made this a real fight for LA. I think the owners new that. That is why they allowed the Chargers to move. Now it is to late for the Raiders to move here no mater what happens to the Chargers. So thank you Chargers. I will always be grateful.

That would have been the worst case scenario for the NFL for sure.

fearsomefour

Legend
Well, I absolutely love the chargers for taking the spot the Raiders would have fit into. No mater how well the Rams play, the Raiders would have made this a real fight for LA. I think the owners new that. That is why they allowed the Chargers to move. Now it is to late for the Raiders to move here no mater what happens to the Chargers. So thank you Chargers. I will always be grateful.
This is very true.
Don’t want the Chargers there but better than the Raiders.
I just hate teams moving unless a city has shown a complete lack of support (Jacksonville).
The fans in Oakland have been great despite having a bad team for years. Just zero chance of a new stadium there.
There was no reason for the Chargers to leave San Diego however.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm pretty sure everyone will get over it if that's all it is.

That would have been the worst case scenario for the NFL for sure.
So you think Spanos is going to foot the rest of the bill? I'm not sure how this is a minor thing he's had to cut his revenue by over 60% and his projected revenue doesn't cover his bills.

EasyE

Starter
This information should be enough to stop any future person from risking his money on something that has Spanos' name on it. They will be in court soon and those who don't pay rent get evicted. Spanos probably can't afford the interest on what he owes already and you know it's growing by the second as this project will hit many more expensive snags before it's completed and Spanos won't even know till he gets the bill. NFL will have to eat a big part of this in my guesstomation. This sucker will make RAMS a 5 Billion dollar team when it's done. That number keeps growing. I remember when it was 3 and 1/2 Billion. Can't wait to spend whatever it takes to watch MY RAMS play in SoFi stadium. I hear Coaches and players like the practice facility just where it is and it's neighborhood. Team looks like it could be solid for 5 years at current leadership and their extension. This can't end well for the chargers name,team,fans,reputation and history. I thought Madame Ram was bad. #Facepalm. After my stroke and A-Fib discovery. my days are very limited to hope to see this event in person. I'm so Blessed to have fallen in Love with this team and it's history almost 60 years ago and after the move to St. Louis and World Championship who would have thought I'd live to see the Blue and White HORNS play again in the Collesium? It's been a dream come true. A miracle in how it all went down and whats being built. Sorry it's like me with my legal team in litigation against an insurance company after a Cat 5 storm. They hate paying what it costs at todays prices and new codes to rebuild what once looked like my pictures show. We after a year are winding it down to them paying up. They want to avoid a jury trial in the city that experienced the nightmare firsthand as their jury. It's a contributing factor in my stroke in my opinion. I love the law when it works for you. I wonder what leg the Spanos' think they have to stand on?

currently in a lawsuit with my insurance company after a cat5 storm...you would not be in the Panhandle of Florida by chance, would you? lol....i feel your pain...my father had a stroke a couple of weeks after Hurricane Michael... and he was 3 hours away from landfall...good luck to you

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
So I did a little searching to find out some details because this article came off as a bit wrong after reading it a couple of times. The tone is garbage too.

I found this on the Wiki about the stadium

On January 29, 2016, the Rams and Chargers came to an agreement in principle to share the stadium. The Chargers would contribute a $200 million stadium loan from the NFL and personal seat license fees to the construction costs and would pay $1 per year in rent to the Rams.[50] The same day, Chargers chairman-CEO Dean Spanos announced the team would remain in San Diego for the 2016 NFL season, while continuing to work with local government on a new stadium.[51] Measure C (the Chargers stadium proposal) did not receive the requisite number of votes required for passage.

I couldn't find anything regarding a set amount that was assured for construction costs from PSL fees.

Most of the cost of the building is in the form of loans from what I remember reading about how it was being financed.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
The Rams did not want or need the Chargers as a tenant, the NFL arranged this. Any item in that lease the Chargers are not adhering to, the Rams are all over, looking to push the Chargers out.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Why would the Rams agree to allow another team to move in to their stadium? They followed through on their end, and let the Chargers move in. If the Chargers get evicted, the Rams will still have held up their commitment.
The value of a vacant set of pristine team offices and locker room for the NFL in the heart of LA is the threat of a move it gives the other teams in their stadium dealings in the future.

It isn't about another team moving there, but rather the threat of the move.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It certainly does, the St.L PSL holders having to take him to court to get their refund.
Also sounds like St Louis making a bunch of agreements in their deal to get the team and not living up to them.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I would think every Ram fan would want it that way as well.
Why? Why does it matter to a fan? Will ticket prices be reduced? Concession prices reduced? Parking cost reduced? Seems obvious that having revenue generated during the entire 17 week NFL season makes more sense than the 7 weeks (if we keep playing in London, no offense intended to our Rams blokes) for the Rams only.

Last edited:

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
The Rams did not want or need the Chargers as a tenant, the NFL arranged this. Any item in that lease the Chargers are not adhering to, the Rams are all over, looking to push the Chargers out.
True but the Rams wouldn't get the owners vote for the move without the sharing of the new stadium.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
The value of a vacant set of pristine team offices and locker room for the NFL in the heart of LA is the threat of a move it gives the other teams in their stadium dealings in the future.

Interesting hypothesis.(y)

fearsomefour

Legend
currently in a lawsuit with my insurance company after a cat5 storm...you would not be in the Panhandle of Florida by chance, would you? lol....i feel your pain...my father had a stroke a couple of weeks after Hurricane Michael... and he was 3 hours away from landfall...good luck to you
How is he doing now?

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
So I did a little searching to find out some details because this article came off as a bit wrong after reading it a couple of times. The tone is garbage too.

I found this on the Wiki about the stadium

On January 29, 2016, the Rams and Chargers came to an agreement in principle to share the stadium. The Chargers would contribute a $200 million stadium loan from the NFL and personal seat license fees to the construction costs and would pay $1 per year in rent to the Rams.[50] The same day, Chargers chairman-CEO Dean Spanos announced the team would remain in San Diego for the 2016 NFL season, while continuing to work with local government on a new stadium.[51] Measure C (the Chargers stadium proposal) did not receive the requisite number of votes required for passage.

I couldn't find anything regarding a set amount that was assured for construction costs from PSL fees.

Most of the cost of the building is in the form of loans from what I remember reading about how it was being financed.
The wiki article is just a generic overall statement It even states it's an agreement "In Principle". I don't think I've seen any detailed, contractual language with regards to how SSL's are valued or to be determined. I seriously doubt though that there's an agreement saying "Hey, it's OK if your SSL's are going for 25% of what our SSL's are. That's exactly where we stand right now. My seats have a SSL price tag of $4,000 each. The same EXACT seats for the Bolts are $1000, and that's when I researched them over a year ago.

fearsomefour

Legend
Why? Why does it matter to a fan? Will ticket prices be reduced? Concession prices reduced? Parking cost reduced? Seems obvious that having revenue generated during the entire 17 week NFL season makes more sense than the 7 weeks (if we keep playing in London, no offense intended to our Rams brethren blokes) for the Rams only.
The Rams quickly became the “clippers” when the Raiders were in LA.
Having revenue 17 weeks a year could help Kronk....not that he needs it....and the NFL (I’m guessing) with selling TV ad revenue in the future.
As for the Rams it would have no impact except perhaps fewer ticket sales.
LA can support one NFL team well.
It has been this way and will be this way.

fearsomefour

Legend

Good point Merlin.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Also sounds like St Louis making a bunch of agreements in their deal to get the team and not living up to them.
Also sounds like another lawsuit against Kroenke going to court alleging "breach of contract, fraud, illegal enrichment and interference in business by the Rams and the NFL, and significant public financial loss".

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I would think every Ram fan would want it that way as well.

I think most fans don't care if the stadium is shared or not. I don't care one bit that the Chargers are there anymore than I would care about what musicians have concerts there. It means nothing to me.

I just hate teams moving unless a city has shown a complete lack of support (Jacksonville).
The fans in Oakland have been great despite having a bad team for years. Just zero chance of a new stadium there.
There was no reason for the Chargers to leave San Diego however.

Jacksonville has support when the team is winning. Just like every other city.

Pro sports stadiums are getting filled up less and less. It's to costly for the average fan to take in multiple games. It's hard to justify spending 400-600 dollars for a 3 hour game. That money can be used towards a weekend getaway or something else.

Pro sports, especially the NFL, costs too much and fans are staying away. Especially in the NFL.

Opposing fans take advantage and buy the unsold seats..........and the owners don't care who is shelling out the dollars as long as someone is..........sad but it's true.

Chargers need to go home to their fans like the Rams did.

You should apologize for this slam.

That is some sloppy supposition right there. The Rams WANT the Charger there.........meaning Kroenke. He stands to make a shit ton of money off of parking and concessions.

Just because YOU don't like the Chargers being in the stadium doesn't mean Kroenke doesn't want them there.