Rams may be having problems with their tenants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@oldnotdead I'm not sure San Diego takes them back. Wouldn't be surprised if they sell that Vivek makes a bid and relocates them to Sacramento. The old Arco arena would be a great location to tear down and rebuild. Hopefully they would put more money into the seating as the Golden 1 Center seats aren't great and aisles are very narrow for a brand new arena.

…..

Legend
Wonder if Spanos realizes that Stan is a hardline negotiator. This is gonna be entertaining.
There’s no doubt Stan is going to take advantage of his position here. What better way for a rich guy to show off at the social than to get another rich guy to pay up and make you a richer guy?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well this otta really help their PSL sales.

I bet that fuckwad owner of their's is behind on his rent in the tiny soccer stadium they play in. He is an embarrassment to the NFL.

Stan ain't gonna play with this leach. This is going to escalate quickly I'm thinking.

fearsomefour

Legend
Well this otta really help their PSL sales.

I bet that fuckwad owner of their's is behind on his rent in the tiny soccer stadium they play in. He is an embarrassment to the NFL.

Stan ain't gonna play with this leach. This is going to escalate quickly I'm thinking.
To think this joker had opportunities to go to Vegas or stay in SD.
A fool....just an old fashioned fool.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
The NFL wants to expand to other countries. They've had games in Mexico City for years. Chargers would be welcome there with open arms. They Drug Kingpins would love to build Spanos a new stadium.

Mexico City is the perfect solution for the NFL, Kroenke and the Chargers.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Having an open spot for a team in a state of the art stadium in LA probably has more value to the league long term than Spanos paying cents on the dollar to be there.

Why would the Rams agree to allow another team to move in to their stadium? They followed through on their end, and let the Chargers move in. If the Chargers get evicted, the Rams will still have held up their commitment.

If another team is forced in by the NFL (and I doubt they would get the votes - team owners would not want to give up that much power to the NFL - imagine the NFL forcing a 2nd team into Dallas or Chicago, for instance) but IF that were to happen, there is no way they would get a sweetheart deal on rent, they would have to pay at least fair market rates that Kroenke would be setting. I.e. they would be gouged.

Best case for the Rams - the Chargers move out of the area and the Rams get LA all to themselves, with a better stadium than another team would realistically build. Even if eventually a team moves in elsewhere in the LA area, the Rams would have a huge head start on the fan base.

And somewhere Kroenke is hearing "Cha-Ching!"

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This thread has me laughing out loud at he crazy things people are saying.

We'll see how this plays out, but if this is true, it's yet another sign that the Chargers are and always have been a bad fit in Los Angeles. The NFL has to be questioning why it ever allowed Spanos to move in the first place.

For sure a bad fit. But if the Raiders would have gone to LA it would be worse because Kroenke's stadium would be the Raiders home and the Raiders would have been more popular than the Rams among fans.

Having an open spot for a team in a state of the art stadium in LA probably has more value to the league long term than Spanos paying cents on the dollar to be there.

You could be right. But whee do the Chargers go? Back to SD? To Vegas?

Chargers need to get used to the fact - that everyone considers them renters. Whether is perception or reality doesn't really matter.

Spanos is making millions upon millions. Do you think he gives a fuck what anyone thinks? The family has been renting a stadium for the team forever. So what does your post even mean?

I’ve never been a big fan of the “Whose house? Rams house!” chant, but now that I see it’s part of Kroenke’s hardline negotiating tactics, I’m starting to like it better...

OK..........so what are these "hardline" negotiating tactics you are talking about?

I'm curious.

Spanos is hated by everyone, including the fan base in San Diego.

Kroenke is one of the most hated sports franchise owners on the planet.

Way more people hate Kroenke than Spanos.

Way more people hate Modell than Spanos.

More people hate plenty of other owners than Spanos.

Not everyone hates Spanos. Most people don't really give a shit.

He's hated in SD, rightfully so, but on the hate meter there are owners that are ahead of him for sure.

This information should be enough to stop any future person from risking his money on something that has Spanos' name on it. They will be in court soon and those who don't pay rent get evicted. Spanos probably can't afford the interest on what he owes already and you know it's growing by the second as this project will hit many more expensive snags before it's completed and Spanos won't even know till he gets the bill. NFL will have to eat a big part of this in my guesstomation. This sucker will make RAMS a 5 Billion dollar team when it's done. That number keeps growing. I remember when it was 3 and 1/2 Billion. Can't wait to spend whatever it takes to watch MY RAMS play in SoFi stadium. I hear Coaches and players like the practice facility just where it is and it's neighborhood. Team looks like it could be solid for 5 years at current leadership and their extension. This can't end well for the chargers name,team,fans,reputation and history. I thought Madame Ram was bad. #Facepalm. After my stroke and A-Fib discovery. my days are very limited to hope to see this event in person. I'm so Blessed to have fallen in Love with this team and it's history almost 60 years ago and after the move to St. Louis and World Championship who would have thought I'd live to see the Blue and White HORNS play again in the Collesium? It's been a dream come true. A miracle in how it all went down and whats being built. Sorry it's like me with my legal team in litigation against an insurance company after a Cat 5 storm. They hate paying what it costs at todays prices and new codes to rebuild what once looked like my pictures show. We after a year are winding it down to them paying up. They want to avoid a jury trial in the city that experienced the nightmare firsthand as their jury. It's a contributing factor in my stroke in my opinion. I love the law when it works for you. I wonder what leg the Spanos' think they have to stand on?

WTF I read that a few times and it still makes no sense.

LOL..........translate for me please.......someone, anyone.

Fans in SD don't hate the team, they hate the owner.

Yes, exactly.

And this is true with A LOT of sports franchise owners. None of them care because they own the team and are making millions upon millions of dollars. At some point it will have to change, but when that is I have no idea.

We could easily name dozens of owners across the 4 biggest sports leagues that fan bases hate.

It's because they fuck people over for money and just don't care about the fans.

You know the Chargers have to be bleeding money. I don't think they have paid their $465M relocation fee and that gets split up among the other owners ($15M each). Time for the NFL to call in their note, along with Kroenke and repo the franchise. Put it up for auction, and if anything is left after the wolves are done feasting, then the Spanos family can have that.

Lots you have wrong here. Everything actually.

The Chargers, like EVERY single NFL team turn a profit of MILLIONS of dollars from shared revenue. And they make money from other revenue streams. They are FAR from bleeding money.

The relocation fee is not a single bill paid on demand. It's split up over ten years and is money taken from the shared revenue by the NFL then split up. So there isn't technically "out of pocket" cost. It's just taken from the giant mountain of money the Chargers make every year for the next ten years. Same with Kroenke. His revenues from the shared dollars will pay for the relocation fee the same as the Chargers.

And..........the NFL has no "note" to call in. And they cannot repo the franchise and auction it off. And Kroenke has NOTHING to do with anything between the NFL and the Chargers. So how would he be involved in "calling in the note" which doesn't exist in the first place?

As far as Spanos having what's "left after the wolves are done feasting" you're wrong. Spanos owns the team. If it is sold he gets the money. The new owner will be the one responsible for the relocation fee, and I already spelled out how that is "paid".

Literally everything that you just said is completely wrong.
..................................................................................................................................
I have no idea why it bothers so many people that the Chargers are in LA, and will be playing in the same stadium. Why does anyone care about this? And why so much hatred?

It has zero effect on the Rams. The NFL brokered the deal and Kroenke agreed to it as fast as he could to get the move approved. Blaming Spanos here is strange because all three parties signed off on this and then 30 of the 32 owners voted to approve of both teams moving.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always thought that if the Rams was going back to LA then the Chargers should have came to STL no realigning of the conferences and it would actually make the travel better.

The Nfl was trying so hard to get the public’s good grace on forcing the Rams out that they offered Oakland and San Diego an extra 100 million to help them build a new stadium the same 100 million they told StL to add to their proposal just to use it to try to say financing wasn’t in place. Now the Nfl is in a mess all it’s own creation and even though I don’t have any love for Stan this isn’t on him and it shouldnt be on him to fix this mess either.

The way I see it the NFL leagues office is gonna end up coming out a lot of money to help Kroenke offset the cost of money what the Chargers should have been paying

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I always thought that if the Rams was going back to LA then the Chargers should have came to STL no realigning of the conferences and it would actually make the travel better.

The Nfl was trying so hard to get the public’s good grace on forcing the Rams out that they offered Oakland and San Diego an extra 100 million to help them build a new stadium the same 100 million they told StL to add to their proposal just to use it to try to say financing wasn’t in place. Now the Nfl is in a mess all it’s own creation and even though I don’t have any love for Stan this isn’t on him and it shouldnt be on him to fix this mess either.

The way I see it the NFL leagues office is gonna end up coming out a lot of money to help Kroenke offset the cost of money what the Chargers should have been paying

What is it that the Chargers aren't paying?

As far as the Chargers moving to STL there is no way the city would have gone for that, and no way the fans would have just shifted gears to become fans of the Chargers. Football fans in STL were Rams fans, not Chargers fans.

I disagree that the NFL was trying to get in the pubic's good graces. They lied to the people of STL straight up. They didn't give shit what the public thinks. They don't give a shit and never will.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is it that the Chargers aren't paying?
Their agreement to be in the stadium was to have $200 million from PSL sales go towards construction costs. They've downgraded their PSL sales estimate from $400 million to $150 million. That's where this tension/frictions/trouble is coming from. That's what they aren't able to pay.

Lets not start a St Louis vs NFL thread again can we stick to the topic? Yes I realize you didn't start it.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I have no idea why it bothers so many people that the Chargers are in LA, and will be playing in the same stadium. Why does anyone care about this? And why so much hatred?

It has zero effect on the Rams. The NFL brokered the deal and Kroenke agreed to it as fast as he could to get the move approved. Blaming Spanos here is strange because all three parties signed off on this and then 30 of the 32 owners voted to approve of both teams moving.
I agree. Kroenke is acting like he needs the money. He wants it all to himself. Karma.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
This is truly the funniest, most understated situation in the world. Spanos is hated by everyone, including the fan base in San Diego. He’s blindingly unaware, or just doesn’t care, that he and his team are the NFL’s beggars. He and his family constantly wear the 1970’s polysester tan leisure suit to every NFL black tie affair, because they are grasping at what the rich kids have. Pathetically funny because I hate them for horning in on what the Rams have in LA, and so I constantly want to grind their face into the dirt (schadenfreude and all that....)

I am getting tired of them, because they don’t belong in our place. Go away, Chargers. I am tired of hating you, because you are that guest that doesn’t get adage that ANY guest that stays at your house over 3 days, starts to smell like spoiled fish...and it’s been a few years!
Well, I absolutely love the chargers for taking the spot the Raiders would have fit into. No mater how well the Rams play, the Raiders would have made this a real fight for LA. I think the owners new that. That is why they allowed the Chargers to move. Now it is to late for the Raiders to move here no mater what happens to the Chargers. So thank you Chargers. I will always be grateful.