Rams Make OT Isaiah Battle Highest-Paid Practice Squad Player In NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Irish

Starter
Hypothetical situation, in no way endorsing it, donning my flame retardant suit:

Could you trade Greg Robinson for a #1 WR at this point in his career?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Hypothetical situation, in no way endorsing it, donning my flame retardant suit:

Could you trade Greg Robinson for a #1 WR at this point in his career?
It'd be a pointless excursion. Why would you make a hole and ruin the cohesion of a line that already has troubles keeping your QB up for a player that relies heavily on said QB staying up?

It's kind of like trading your jalopy for only the keys of a Ferrari.

Irish

Starter
It'd be a pointless excursion. Why would you make a hole and ruin the cohesion of a line that already has troubles keeping your QB up for a player that relies heavily on said QB staying up?

It's kind of like trading your jalopy for only the keys of a Ferrari.

Sure, but that's not what I asked. I asked if another team in the league would trade a legit #1 WR for Greg Robinson.

Would Houston trade DeAndre Hopkins for Robinson?

Pittsburgh and Antonio Brown?

Denver and Demarius Thomas?

Giants and ODB?

Chicago and Alshon?

Oakland for Cooper?

Its just an example. I wonder what people think about that

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Sure, but that's not what I asked. I asked if another team in the league would trade a legit #1 WR for Greg Robinson.

Giants and ODB?

Chicago and Alshon?

Oakland for Cooper?

Only one I can see is Chicago, because they're in firesale mode and need O-line like a burning, but those others have perfectly fine O-line play and would have no reason to trade for a LT to begin with, let alone GRob.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Giants and ODB?

Chicago and Alshon?

Oakland for Cooper?

If a trade happens with Robinson for a WR, it'd probably be something like Greg Robinson for Victor Cruz, who's had nagging injuries, is the #2 (could be a 1 for a lot of teams) and is on a decent sized contract, so his value isn't as high as some. Robinson is all potential right now so you can't expect to get close to any elite WRs.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Giants and ODB?

Chicago and Alshon?

Oakland for Cooper?

I think it's a fair question, but I wouldn't do it, if I were the Rams. If I was the other team, I'd only do it, if the need was great, and I had two #1 receivers.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Moving Robinson into a 3rd position in less than 18 months is not the way to do things.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Moving Robinson into a 3rd position in less than 18 months is not the way to do things.

It might be - if we still haven't found his best position.

But I think he is the LT and will be for a long time.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
This goes along with exactly what I was saying in my previous thread ... .the Rams like what they have in the youth. They are all big, talented and young. They were all highly thought of during their college careers. Now we just need to see them improve for the pro game and gel together as a unit.

Alan

Legend
I'm reading all the posts in this thread and about 2/3 of the way through them I had to go back and make sure we were talking about a practice squad player. :LOL:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm reading all the posts in this thread and about 2/3 of the way through them I had to go back and make sure we were talking about a practice squad player. :LOL:

Heh. Yeah. I like him. I think there's a good chance he'll be a solid or better starter - eventually. However, the talk about him was that IF he had been able to wait a year before coming out, he might have been a 2nd rounder. A good player, not a transcendent talent. Then out a year too early, too raw still, AND had missed most of the offseason and strength training the drafted rookies got. That's why I figured he wouldn't be ready to be a backup until halfway through the season.

He's had 6 weeks now - if he's been working with the conditioning staff he likely will have added a few pounds of muscle at least. He's had a chance to learn much of the playbook - although nothing is a full substitute for actually playing for that. He's had a chance to BEGIN polishing technique with professional coaches. I hope he is now at a stage where he wouldn't totally embarrass himself if he had to play for real. But I'd hope he wouldn't have to do anything but special teams if and when he's added to the roster.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

Leaving him there if he continues to look ordinary against any decent pass rusher isn't good either. I think he's best at LG.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

I'd have to guess that any player good enough to force them to move GRob isn't on the roster. Yet.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good move to keep Battle. He could very well be another cog to a talented and deep offensive line, so I like this move.

As for G-Rob...I'm going to say the exact same thing I said with Brian Quick and Tavon Austin: third year. That's the typical rule of thumb for players, running backs aside. I'll bet all of my ROD dollars that Robinson will man the left side for us for the next ten years.

Alan

Legend
Akrasian excited about the future:
Heh. Yeah. I like him. I think there's a good chance he'll be a solid or better starter - eventually.
I was hopeful when we drafted him too. But I'm going to wait a couple more weeks until I pencil him in as GR's replacement. :rolllaugh:

Alan

Legend
blue4 with a gift for understatement:
I'd have to guess that any player good enough to force them to move GRob isn't on the roster. Yet.
Much less the PS. But I like the optimism being exhibited by many of our posters. When I came back I knew we'd played some stinkers and I thought that might have taken the wind out of a lot of poster's sails. It's a much better attitude than I thought it would be. (y)