Rams Looking to Draft a RB possibly in 1st Round

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Am I the only one who remembers how good John Kelly looked? Once he is trustworthy pass blocking, I think he is going to be seeing some snaps.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Lol. .Reddit. I bet you get a free bowl of soup with that post. ..

screen-shot-2018-04-18-at-12-53-11-pm.jpg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Am I the only one who remembers how good John Kelly looked? Once he is trustworthy pass blocking, I think he is going to be seeing some snaps.

I have concerns with Kelly, who, yes looked good in preseason, but when called upon, looked pedestrian. Now a very small sample size, but my major concern with Kelly is pass protection, that is an area where Gurley and Malcolm Brown excel in and Kelly needs quite a bit of work.

I would like to see more of John Marshall Kelly Jrl., and boy maybe things would be different if he went by Marshall Kelly...But I need to see him in pass protection and catching the football and if the Rams add another RB I believe it will be a change of direction back, that can catch the football and is somewhat proven in pass protection.
636466274194114407-USATSI-10422214.jpg

Ram65

Legend
I have been wonder when the run on running backs will come in this draft. you never know but, it seems like round three. Could be early round three but, I haven't looked at who needs running backs besides the Eagles. If Rams get an extra pick in a trade down maybe they are int he mix then. Looks to me that Gurley will start seeing a much lower work load. Like to see what Brown and Kelly can do.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Unfortunately I would not.
Although I'm not sure there will be a RB available worthy of that pick.

Under Snead I’d be floored. He has always said there is only 1 football.

Now if you look at NE & NO you seen how RB’s play off each other.The rookie RB from Georgia won the SB for NE this past year. Gronkowski was excellent blocking & made the game winning catch.

I can’t see it right now though with all the open positions that need to be filled.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
If the Rams FO believed it was “uh oh time” with Gurley, I can’t imagine they would have ignored the chance to spend a little more on a vet RB in free agency. Why wait until the draft to fill such a glaring need, and count on a rookie to pick up the protections, etc.?

This rumor just doesn’t make sense.

Not sure whether it’s “uh oh time” or not, but the Rams moves in FA tell me they trust that they can count on Gurley to carry most of the workload.
Of course you know my post was based on if the OP were correct

Personally I feel Gurley is going to be just fine

Ants

Starter
I could see a RB/TE/WR added to the offensive arsenal AFTER taking care of the DL and OL in the first and third rounds. Maybe as early as their R3.99 pick if a highly rated RB/TE/WR fell to them.

This is the way I see it also.
I would be floored if they took a RB in round 1...much like I was when they moved up to draft Tavon. :cry:

Also, I'm sure there will be plenty of talent available when cuts are made in preseason. Just wait it out - no need to waste a draft pick.

fearsomefour

Legend
If this happens there are only two options......

Gurley is injured (arthritis or some such) to the point the Rams are planning on him being gone.

Or

McVay is going Martz 2.0.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I'd rather have them carry the ball in their strong hand, switch hands only if you're running on the sidelines.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
If the Rams we're so worried about RB why pass on CJ Anderson answer is because they are not worried.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
If we were looking at rb in the first round we would have held on to CJ, imo. Why possibly waste a first round pic on an unknown draft pick when you can get a good rb for cheap in CJ. I honestly don't know how these reporters have jobs...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I do think McVay wants another passing game threat from the backfield on the depth chart behind Gurley. That is probably why they passed on CJ which I still disagree with but whatever.

Round 3 and later keep your eye on the passing game weapon types IMO.