Rams looking to buy 34-acre's in Woodland Hills

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Report: Rams could build practice facility and headquarters in Woodland Hills

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

The Rams have called Los Angeles home since moving from St. Louis in 2016, but they haven’t had a permanent home for their practice facility and headquarters in the last six years. They’ve been set up at Cal Lutheran in Thousand Oaks and have gone down to UC Irvine for training camp, but the team is moving closer to having their own facility.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the Rams are in negotiations with Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield to buy the site of the Woodland Hills Promenade. The Rams would build a practice facility and team headquarters on the 34-acre site, which is large enough to host training camp with fans, the Times reports.

According to the report, the Rams could pay more than $150 million for the site.

The Chargers have already announced their plans to build a facility of their own in El Segundo, a 14-acre property that will also be the team’s headquarters. That project is expected to be completed in 2024.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Makes complete sense. Nice size plot. Funny how the Rams look at 34 acres and the Chargers at 14 acres. Little brother has little plans.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
so whats in El Segundo ?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Makes a lot of sense, doesn’t it get hot there? Indoor and outdoor facilities maybe in the plans?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Makes complete sense. Nice size plot. Funny how the Rams look at 34 acres and the Chargers at 14 acres. Little brother has little plans.
Yep, they win little anyways...might as well have a tiny practice facility.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hoping Stan goes the Cowboys route with the hotel and travel destination approach. I want to be able to fly in and stay there on site and watch camp without needing to drive in all that traffic.

WillasDad

Rookie
Name
WillasDad
Don't the Lakers have a training facility in El Segundo?
Laker owner Jeannie Buss is a charger fan. She's been actively helping Dean Spanos navigate the LA crowd and I could totally see her helping him acquire that piece of land. I guess things could be a little awkward between herself and Kroenke as he owns the Denver Nuggets.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Jeannie Buss has no money beyond the Lakers value. Stan could buy her many, many times over. She can”t help Dean anything — heck, I think Dean is worth way more than Jeannie.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Laker owner Jeannie Buss is a charger fan. She's been actively helping Dean Spanos navigate the LA crowd and I could totally see her helping him acquire that piece of land. I guess things could be a little awkward between herself and Kroenke as he owns the Denver Nuggets.
If she's going to be that way, then screw her and the Lakers. The Rams are number one in my book and the Lakers can go screw with that loser Spanos

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Report: Rams could build practice facility and headquarters in Woodland Hills

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

The Rams have called Los Angeles home since moving from St. Louis in 2016, but they haven’t had a permanent home for their practice facility and headquarters in the last six years. They’ve been set up at Cal Lutheran in Thousand Oaks and have gone down to UC Irvine for training camp, but the team is moving closer to having their own facility.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the Rams are in negotiations with Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield to buy the site of the Woodland Hills Promenade. The Rams would build a practice facility and team headquarters on the 34-acre site, which is large enough to host training camp with fans, the Times reports.

According to the report, the Rams could pay more than $150 million for the site.

The Chargers have already announced their plans to build a facility of their own in El Segundo, a 14-acre property that will also be the team’s headquarters. That project is expected to be completed in 2024.

Rams looking to buy 34-acre's in Woodland Hills:

Report: Rams could build practice facility and headquarters in Woodland Hills.

This might simply be an overreaction rumor that never happens. I hope it does, but there are likely a lot of loops and hoops that get in the way for Mr. Kroenke to pull it off if it's more than just a rumor.

Whether this happens or not, the insight for me regarding this presumption tells me Stan Kroenke is the modern-day version of former 49ers epic owner Edward Debartolo Jr.

Jerry Jones and Stan Kroenke are the closest examples of replicating Edward Debartolo Jr's ways as an NFL owner.

When it comes to providing your NFL professional football team all the bells and whistles on every level, it takes a special owner with passion that thinks outside of the box.

Debartolo was hands down, the most polarizing NFL owner in my early years as a young Rams fan.

This subject will be interesting to follow, and I will salute Mr. Kroenke it he pulls it off.

eddie-debartolo-San-Francisco-49ers.jpg

imago1009849287h.jpg
[/quote]

dang

Legend
So that makes the Rams 2.5 times bigger and better than the Renters. Sounds right to me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like training camp reports will be brought to us from Woodland Hills in the near future.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Rams looking to buy 34-acre's in Woodland Hills:

Report: Rams could build practice facility and headquarters in Woodland Hills.

This might simply be an overreaction rumor that never happens. I hope it does, but there are likely a lot of loops and hoops that get in the way for Mr. Kroenke to pull it off if it's more than just a rumor.

Whether this happens or not, the insight for me regarding this presumption tells me Stan Kroenke is the modern-day version of former 49ers epic owner Edward Debartolo Jr.

Jerry Jones and Stan Kroenke are the closest examples of replicating Edward Debartolo Jr's ways as an NFL owner.

When it comes to providing your NFL professional football team all the bells and whistles on every level, it takes a special owner with passion that thinks outside of the box.

Debartolo was hands down, the most polarizing NFL owner in my early years as a young Rams fan.

This subject will be interesting to follow, and I will salute Mr. Kroenke it he pulls it off.

eddie-debartolo-San-Francisco-49ers.jpg

imago1009849287h.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Look to Jerry Jones for the influence and comparison when it comes to building something unique. Kroenke hired Jones company to run SOFI stuff... and I think the two are probably friendly.. since Jerry stood up for Stan moving to LA.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Can't recall how far is Woodland Hills from Inglewood. Is it closer than their current digs in Thousand Oaks?