Rams looking for a RB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bell in the first or second is a reach imo. If we're talking the third or fourth I'm on board. I'm on board with Lacy in the 2nd...not the first. I don't like Montee Ball at all. Gillislee is a solid mid round pick. I'm also a huge fan of Zac Stacy. Dennis Johnson and Latavius Murray are high on my late round sleeper list.

iced

hey i personally don't want one at all from the draft... but if i had to hope for one if they went early , it would be bell

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
biggame1190 said:
Im pretty sure I heard last week that the Rams have scheduled a private work out with Florida RB Mike Gillisle. He is not a "big back" but he is a underrated prospect. Mid round pick. One big asset he could bring is pass protection, which is a pretty big need with SJ gone. From what I have saw, Gillisle is fantastic at picking up the blitzer and sending chip blocks to the DE/OLB. I think this is what the Rams are primarily interested in him because of this (pass protection). Thats not saying Gillisle is a bad runner. Very good speed and burst, and despite being just under 210 pounds, he shows he is also a down hill runner.
Yeah, he's scheduled to work out for the Rams on the 2nd of April.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Posted this in another thread, but;;;;;

Here's a sleeper power back that might fit if the Rams don't think Ganaway is better. He's probably a late round pick. I've seen him play a few whole games, and I like how he finishes runs. The name: Cameron Marshall. 5' 10" 215 lbs. Ran a 4.5 and at his pro day. 22 reps bench. Did a 7.06 in the 3 cone, and has a 36 1/2" vert. Anyone else see him play?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvzXqRVh6Ys[/youtube]

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Has Robert Turner been signed? I'd give him a look ,he might have the off season workout motivation OF HIS LIFE if WE signed HIM.
Obvious reasons :hehe:

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy said:
Has Robert Turner been signed? I'd give him a look ,he might have the off season workout motivation OF HIS LIFE if WE signed HIM.
Turner signed with the Titans

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
A55VA6 said:
Thordaddy said:
No, he's still a free agent..Titans signed Shonn Greene.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
DR RAM said:
A55VA6 said:
Thordaddy said:

The Titans did sign Turner:

http://www.titansonline.com/news/ar...b-Turner/9f8a70d3-a96f-41cf-a0fc-c95d70c152da

Pity. I'd have liked him back at the right price.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memento said:
DR RAM said:
A55VA6 said:
Thordaddy said:

http://www.titansonline.com/news/ar...b-Turner/9f8a70d3-a96f-41cf-a0fc-c95d70c152da

They signed Greene and Turner? Wow.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he meant Michael Turner...not Robert. But that's just a guess.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
Memento said:
DR RAM said:
A55VA6 said:
Thordaddy said:

They signed Greene and Turner? Wow.
I think they're referring to Michael Turner and not Rob Turner (the Rams former guard/center).

Michael Tuner is also a bit long in the tooth. I'd rather the Rams draft someone then sign him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
shaunpinney said:
Are we looking to sign an RB???!?!?
Fisher said we are, but he said he doesn't know how or when. Could be the draft, could be free agency, but he said we're going to add one, one way or another. Didn't sound like it was a real pressing need for him, and he's been suggesting that Pead is going to be the guy anyway. So ... yeah.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The Dude said:
shaunpinney said:
Fisher said we are, but he said he doesn't know how or when. Could be the draft, could be free agency, but he said we're going to add one, one way or another. Didn't sound like it was a real pressing need for him, and he's been suggesting that Pead is going to be the guy anyway. So ... yeah.

Thanks. I guess we're going to wait and see which big, bruising backs are still on the shelf towards the end of FA

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
shaunpinney said:
The Dude said:
shaunpinney said:

Thanks. I guess we're going to wait and see which big, bruising backs are still on the shelf towards the end of FA
Sounds logical. They scheduled a visit with a prospect in the draft who's pretty good at blocking, and we have Ganaway who *could* fill that role. I just wonder if they pick up a guy who's really ONLY good at blocking, that it might tip our hand as to what we're doing offensively. Then again, there's ways to disguise that too. I like the idea of 2 HB, 2 TE sets with one receiver.

Like this.

[nfl]0ap1000000080015[/nfl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap1000000080015/Chris-Givens-65-yard-catch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... yard-catch</a>

Or, 2-TE sets, single-back, 2 WR. Anything that gets me Kendricks and Cook on the field at the same time. :mrgreen: