Rams looking for a RB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
[tweet]314441528313536512[/tweet]
[tweet]314441064025051136[/tweet]

Hmm, free agent or draft? I'm curious to see what we do.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Hey part of the fun is disagreeing! I know this much, whichever way we go we will add great players. It's nice to have faith in the FO and coaching staff for a change.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well... Ganaway is a big back.

I don't doubt we will have RB's on our board; but not early.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
iced said:
Leveon Bell, 2nd round

Depending on round 1... that might not be a stretch.

I will still be shocked if we go RB early like this, however.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
CGI_Ram said:
iced said:
Leveon Bell, 2nd round

Depending on round 1... that might not be a stretch.

I will still be shocked if we go RB early like this, however.
I wouldn't say it is a position of need but I say we wait for the later cuts and get a good power back, not the draft though.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
iced said:
Leveon Bell, 2nd round

This. I would even consider him at 22....

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Just throwing this out there -- I really don't have an opinion one way or the other, but:

Tampa Bay has recently been rumored to putting LeGarrette Blount on the trading block. Remember that Fisher signed him as an undrafted FA to the Titans' practice squad, and the Bucs picked him up. It would give the Rams a bit more NFL experience in their backfield -- much more than what exists currently on the roster.

(or was this topic already discussed and I totally missed it? wouldn't be the first time...)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
HeiseNBerg said:
Just throwing this out there -- I really don't have an opinion one way or the other, but:

Tampa Bay has recently been rumored to putting LeGarrette Blount on the trading block. Remember that Fisher signed him as an undrafted FA to the Titans' practice squad, and the Bucs picked him up. It would give the Rams a bit more NFL experience in their backfield -- much more than what exists currently on the roster.

(or was this topic already discussed and I totally missed it? wouldn't be the first time...)

Good point and glad you threw that out there HeiseNBerg. There is a connection.

I don't know if it amounts to anything, but again... good point.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Whooaaa... Guys.... Bell at 22????

I'd take 8 different RBs before Bell

Lacy, Bernard, Franklin, Randel, Ellington, Taylor, and Ball are all guys I would take before him. Bell lacks explosiveness and speed.

paceram

Pro Bowler
libertadrocks said:

Lacy, Bernard, Franklin, Randel, Ellington, Taylor, and Ball are all guys I would take before him. Bell lacks explosiveness and speed.

Personally, I am a Montee Ball fan. What round (2nd, 3rd, ???) do you think he will get picked?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Eddie Lacy, Montee Ball, or Joseph Randle. One of those 3.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
libertadrocks said:

Ummmm....there is absolutely no way that I would take 8 RBs before Bell. Won't even bother to discuss all of the reasons why. I started a thread about him a few days ago, I recommend checking out his tape if you haven't already. One of, if not THE most pro ready RB to come out this year IMO. I like Lacy too BTW....

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Faceplant said:
libertadrocks said:

Ummmm....there is absolutely no way that I would take 8 RBs before Bell. Won't even bother to discuss all of the reasons why. I started a thread about him a few days ago, I recommend checking out his tape if you haven't already. One of, if not THE most pro ready RB to come out this year IMO. I like Lacy too BTW....

I saw the thread. There's a difference between tape and a highlight reel.

I watched a lot of MSU's games. I was never really impressed with Bell. If you like what you saw out of Michael Turner last year, you'll like Le'veon. No doubt he is one of the most pro ready RBs, but I don't think he is a starting quality RB. He's a one dimensional back. He's a between the tackles RB. He doesnt have the speed or agility to do anything outside the tackles. His pass blocking is a plus as his size allows him to handle rushers.

He's a 3-4th round prospect.

We are looking for a bigger, power type back. Bell has that going for him. Most of the RBs are more shifty than powerful in this class. If I were to limit the alternatives to only power style backs I'd still pick Lacy, Taylor, and possibly Ball over Bell. JMHO

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Two words: Marcus Lattimore.

That is all.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Faceplant said:
iced said:
Leveon Bell, 2nd round

This. I would even consider him at 22....

I seriously hope we dont over reach like this wr s olb are much more pressing needs also if bell isnt available in 2 or 3rd there is always Monte ball

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Im pretty sure I heard last week that the Rams have scheduled a private work out with Florida RB Mike Gillisle. He is not a "big back" but he is a underrated prospect. Mid round pick. One big asset he could bring is pass protection, which is a pretty big need with SJ gone. From what I have saw, Gillisle is fantastic at picking up the blitzer and sending chip blocks to the DE/OLB. I think this is what the Rams are primarily interested in him because of this (pass protection). Thats not saying Gillisle is a bad runner. Very good speed and burst, and despite being just under 210 pounds, he shows he is also a down hill runner.