Rams like Micah Kiser, but LB will be an open competition’

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually enjoy talking football without the constraints of agreeing with everything they do. Then discussing said opinion with others who do the same. If that's not you, no worries, click right on by brother cheers. (y)
For me the opposite is worse by far. Those that are negative about everything then make threads and quote people non stop on those rare occasions that they were right.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
For me the opposite is worse by far. Those that are negative about everything then make threads and quote people non stop on those rare occasions that they were right.
Doesn't happen too often around here though. Unless you are extremely sensitive to anything that disagrees with the team's direction.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You're starting to tread on the sacred ground of thinking the team and coaches are infallible. The longer you're a fan of this game, however, it will teach you that they're not. In fact clapping along with everything the team does or says would render sites like this obsolete.

I actually enjoy talking football without the constraints of agreeing with everything they do. Then discussing said opinion with others who do the same. If that's not you, no worries, click right on by brother cheers. (y)

FD2B9891-F94C-4B9E-97C3-224193928F79.jpeg

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
You're starting to tread on the sacred ground of thinking the team and coaches are infallible. The longer you're a fan of this game, however, it will teach you that they're not. In fact clapping along with everything the team does or says would render sites like this obsolete.

You should re-read my post. I don't express any opinion at all about the coaches summation of Micah Kiser. What I did was point out the fact that the ones who are actually giving him a chance are NOT doing so because of the opinions expressed on this message board or anywhere else. The post I was responding to was basically saying that Kiser was getting a chance because of fans opinions of him. Sorry but that just isn't factual at all. All of us are free to disagree with coaches decisions, but I think we can do so without making up WHY they have made their decisions.

This is what Les Snead said about Kiser:

“From a conscientiousness standpoint, whatever you’re rating in – I don’t know if ‘Madden’ can give a perfect score – but in conscientiousness and saying, ‘Hey, I’m going to be one of the best linebackers in the Rams organization, I do know this: His vision to be that, the conscientiousness matches that,” Snead said. “I don’t know if there’s been a day he’s missed here. Buy stock in Micah Kiser. Don’t want to interfere with his relationships, but if you have a daughter, see if you can somehow set them up because you just want to buy stock in that man.”

I honestly don't have an opinion on this statement by Snead as he's making based upon information and experiences I'm not privy too. I certainly couldn't make it based upon Kiser's NFL experience. But I can say with 100% certainty that Snead's assessment of Kiser has ZERO to do with fan's opinion of him.

We will see how our coaches and front office assessment turns out in this case. But I will add that we've done pretty well with middle to late round and/or UDFAs recently, so I don't see a reason to toss out our staff and front office observations based on absolutely nothing but a desire to express an opinion about a guy who has yet to play a down in a real NFL game at linebacker.

Either way, our staff is happy with our ILB corp. That's just a statement of fact because they didn't release any of them, nor use a high draft pick on an ILB after we hired a new DC. So to say our staff is happy with the group isn't really up for debate, its a fact. I don't have an opinion on it myself until it's actually manifested that they were wrong.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Either way, our staff is happy with our ILB corp. That's just a statement of fact because they didn't release any of them, nor use a high draft pick on an ILB after we hired a new DC. So to say our staff is happy with the group isn't really up for debate, its a fact. I don't have an opinion on it myself until it's actually manifested that they were wrong.
Ok man I believe you. Congrats on that too btw. (y)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
i don't think so man. every move the team has made this offseason indicates they want a defense that can tackle well. i don't think barron fits that bill.

Should have used blue font. I feel Kiser, and Howard will both get downs there.