Rams interested in OG Geoff Schwartz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Man wouldn't it be something to have Swartz 6-foot-6, 340, Long and hopefully Jones collapsing the lest side of the Seattle Defense to spring ZC on a game winning score? :) Love the vision!! haha

Good Luck Rodger, pray you never have to face The Mighty Quinn at LT the next few years...

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Pay the man 4.5M and get him in the fold before he's gone.

Memphis Ram

Legend
This is more along the lines of a signing the Rams need to be looking at instead of Verner and even Byrd, IMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is more along the lines of a signing the Rams need to be looking at instead of Verner and even Byrd, IMO.

I agree.

Not as sexy. But a good use of resources where help is needed.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I think it's wishful thinking to expect Schwartz to sign for anything under $6 million per. Free agency typically forces teams to overpay a bit. If we get him for $5 million per or low guaranteed money I'd gladly take it, but anything over that, I'll pass and take a mid-round prospect (Gabe Jackson or Brandon Thomas).

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I think it's wishful thinking to expect Schwartz to sign for anything under $6 million per. Free agency typically forces teams to overpay a bit. If we get him for $5 million per or low guaranteed money I'd gladly take it, but anything over that, I'll pass and take a mid-round prospect (Gabe Jackson or Brandon Thomas).

6 million is too much. While he's apparently "asking for starting money" I doubt he goes for that. He doesn't have near enough games under his belt to be asking for that. He's a solid player, and I would love to have him on the Rams, but not at 6 million.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If you could put him and Verner in horns next year that would be a nice way to start the FA season, and create some flexibility to be creative in the draft.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Schwartz at RG and Robinson at LG.

Use the 13th pick for either Dennard/Gilbert

Use the two second rounders on OLB and DT depth. OL would be solid and CB play improved

wrstdude

Rookie
Saw something on twitter yesterday that said they expect KC to let Schwartz test the FA market. He's there for the taking.

nighttrain

Legend
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4976/geoff-schwartz

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the Rams are showing interest in free agent G/T Geoff Schwartz.

A mauler in the run game, Schwartz stands 6-foot-6, 340 and can play both guard and right tackle, though his best position is inside. The Rams appear to have given up on re-signing Rodger Saffold. Schwartz looks like their "Plan B."

Yay!!
This very well could be the guy we need on OL so very much
train