Rams interested in OG Geoff Schwartz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I said in another thread...signing someone like Schwartz is a better offseason move than signing Verner or Byrd, though I'd love to have either of those two as well.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Yep screw the giants I read somwhere that the rams are 0 for 5 when going up against the giants for free agents

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Man wouldn't it be something to have Swartz 6-foot-6, 340, Long and hopefully Jones collapsing the lest side of the Seattle Defense to spring ZC on a game winning score? :) Love the vision!! haha

Good Luck Rodger, pray you never have to face The Mighty Quinn at LT the next few years...

Pfff...

Saffold would break both ankles trying to block him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Schwartz can do just as well as saffolds play in the run game that had everyone drooling. I would like this move

I doubt that. But if he can stay healthy and provide good play, that's good enough for me as long as we don't overpay.

Alan

Legend
Schwartz hasn't been just a backup until last year for no reason. Just saying.

jjab360

Legend
I doubt that. But if he can stay healthy and provide good play, that's good enough for me as long as we don't overpay.
Why not? By all accounts, Schwartz was a monster run blocker last year, with the Vikings in limited time, and with the Panthers. Saffold was a guy who's run blocking I underrated and turned out be pretty good, but I think Schwartz could be even better.

Last edited:

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very good run blocker though. He's a good player and is very capable of being a good starter for years to come.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You're right as long as he plays 16 games at a high level I'm happy. But in regards to Saffold, I think you're overrating him. The guy played a FEW really good games at least two of which came against some of the leagues worst run defenses. if anything Schwartz has shown way more than saffold, IMO of course

jjab360

Legend
Wrong line of thinking, imo. Doesn't matter to me what circumstances led to his limited playing time, all that matters is what he did once he saw the field.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
th

Alan

Legend
If we land Schwartz I'm hoping he'll be at least good but I have realistic expectations. Boo might do wonders with him though.

Alan

Legend
BTW Stu, Matthews is spelled M-a-t-t-h-e-w-s. Glad I could help you out there. :coffee:
Robinson is the olde English spelling.