Rams hire McVay per Mike Silver

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Please understand who you're talking to... (I don't mean that like "you talkin' to me?)

I've been routinely under the "realist" category that was kinda getting a talking to a few weeks ago.

My massive enthusiasm isn't due to being predisposed to optimism. That hasn't been me for many, many years.

No, this is a result of me doing tons of crunching variables through the Pattern-o-meter (never have found a better name...) and the more inputs I crunched, the more McVay separated himself...harmonically so.

So, my enthusiasm is based on pattern recognition, taking account of Organizational Behavior and Management skills and variables and how he matches both with Goff in particular, but also Gurley and the Rams organization in general, as well as the improvements his staff is likely to bring.

Like I've said repeatedly, while there are no guarantees, this kind of fit is phenomenal.

And I apologize for doubting Demoff. He went with the brave choice. Going with the youngest ever can't have been easy when the "high profile guys" were still there. He could have mailed it in and simply anointed Kyle Shanahan and no one would have said, "boo".

Is this what the pattern looks like? (I remember Organizational Behavior and Management)
images

:ROFLMAO:

Hey... over the years, there have so, so many fans on this board (and others) that fell in love with a player.. or a coach.. only to find themselves in the unenviable position of having to defend them time and time again.

I'm glad you did your homework and feel so confident.. again, many did that with Fisher (and his record as a HC was known).

The last hire I got behind was Spagnuolo and we all saw how that turned out.

So, I take nothing fro granted.

Let's see how he rounds out his staff... that might excite me more. :LOL:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He's 3 years older than my daughter.

Welp. It's official. I'm old.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Cautiously optimistic but need to see what kind of staff he puts together before getting too excited or mad lol.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
No no no, Reynolds is a young 20-something, putting his head down and making football plays. McVay is a 30-something crotchety old bastard like me, yelling at kids to get off his lawn.
He's only 2 years younger. Not even 2 years.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Glad this got done quickly......now let's get to work on that staff!!!!! A new leader has just arrived in L.A.------Welcome aboard Coach, now let's go get us some wins....very happy with this hire!!!!!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
So what your saying is we now have two resident members who are always right and never wrong?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

No...LOL. I know I'm wrong, sometimes. Just ask my wife! *rimshot*

But the more I use the Pattern-o-meter (c'mon guys... really? no help on a better name?) the more I feel confident in what I see. So the odds go down.

But...I was wrong about Demoff!

I said he wasn't a "football guy" and he shouldn't make this decision. And guess what? I was totally wrong because he CRUSHED this. I even tweeted my apology directly to the Rams and Demoff to make it public.

I was gonna take a nap cuz I really need it, but I'm so buzzed, I can't sleep now!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Has anyone seen these two in the same place at the same time?
I mean, seriously.

2863ba68f9b64110983954ba33dfdb5d.jpeg

d71ad752faf44089a9f99270b8e1debd.jpeg

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

No...LOL. I know I'm wrong, sometimes. Just ask my wife! *rimshot*

But the more I use the Pattern-o-meter (c'mon guys... really? no help on a better name?)

Pattern-o-gram 2000 ?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Youngest team in the league now has the youngest ever HC.

I want to be excited... but... I'm very concerned.

I'm cautiously optimistic. But if there's one selling point to being stoked next season, it's seeing the offense exciting again. No more of that ball-control bullshit that often gassed out our defense.