Rams have private visits with two FAU running backs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I suspect Singletary will be taken in the mid rounds, but he'd be nice. Small, but tough, decent receiver, blocks very well for his size. Scored a ton of TDs in college.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
This RB class seems a little weak... Why waste a draft pick on a player that might not even crack the rotation? If I'm drafting an RB, I'd want to use my high pick on a player in a draft class with a large talent pool.

A player that has a lot of buzz and has been wrecking college ball for a couple of years.

Am I wrong? Thoughts, please!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I fucking love Singletary (with mouth :p ) as a prospect. He's such a powerful runner. Don't let his size fool you; he has an ungodly amount of broken tackles and he's got enough quickness and patience to be a dominant back in the league.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I freaking love Singletary (with mouth :p ) as a prospect. He's such a powerful runner. Don't let his size fool you; he has an ungodly amount of broken tackles and he's got enough quickness and patience to be a dominant back in the league.

I don't think he'll be a dominant back. He's very strong, but not really all that fast. I do think he could be a very capable 1b back behind Gurley - a good rusher, solid receiver, and a very willing and capable blocker. If he falls enough, I could see the Rams taking him and not looking back - not in the first, of course.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Is he happy to get Singletary with a kid to late pick. He could return kicks as well as fun the ball as a backup. Matson scares me. Ever since coughing up the ball against the Eagles, I think he's going to do it again.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't think he'll be a dominant back. He's very strong, but not really all that fast. I do think he could be a very capable 1b back behind Gurley - a good rusher, solid receiver, and a very willing and capable blocker. If he falls enough, I could see the Rams taking him and not looking back - not in the first, of course.

I'd take him with a third round pick, no hesitation. But yeah, I think he's better than most give him credit for. If he were even two inches taller (with the same ratio of weight), I think that we're talking about him as the best back in the draft class.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Returns ability would be really nice. In any back they might take mid to later rounds.

dang

Legend
Could happen but I don't see an RB/WR/QB pick before the 4th round. First 3 picks reserved for DL/OL/CB - perhaps an EDGE player that falls to us and is too good to pass up.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • C.J. Conrad, TE, Kentucky (EW)
  • Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State (SR)
  • Oshea Dugas, G, Louisiana Tech (EW)
  • Rashad Fenton, CB, South Carolina (EW)
  • Will Harris, S, Boston College (SR)
  • Daniel Helm, TE, Duke (EW)
  • KeeSean Johnson, WR, Fresno State (EW)
  • Erik McCoy, G/C, Texas A&M (PRI)
  • Jachai Polite, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Florida (COM)
  • Malik Reed, DE, Nevada (PRI)
  • Darnell Savage, S, Maryland (PRI)
  • Devin Singletary, RB, Florida Atlantic (PRI)
  • Montez Sweat, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Mississippi State (COM)
  • Sione Takitaki, OLB, Brigham Young (EW)
  • Trevon Wesco, FB, West Virginia (SR)
  • Kerrith Whyte Jr., RB, Florida Atlantic (PRI)
  • Chase Winovich, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Michigan (PRO)

Updated list of who we've reported meetings with so far.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Motor" Singletary out of FAU has been the best tackle-breaker in CFB over the past couple of years. I compare him to Brian Westbrook of the Eagles. Small guy but insanely elusive and hard to tackle. He's a jitterbug with elite contact balance. He runs like he's covered in grease. Kerrith Whyte is also an interesting one (the other FAU HB). I liked what little I saw of him, but I had no idea he was in the draft until recently. Here are a couple gifs of Singletary:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I didn't pick these plays because they were his longest runs of the season. I picked these plays because this kid has some absolutely special traits. Look at the way he moves in the last GIF. He eludes three tacklers behind the LOS using his cutting and stop/start ability. And then you have a number of GIFs showing his special balance. The kid moves like few guys I've ever seen.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Motor" Singletary out of FAU has been the best tackle-breaker in CFB over the past couple of years. I compare him to Brian Westbrook of the Eagles. Small guy but insanely elusive and hard to tackle. He's a jitterbug with elite contact balance. He runs like he's covered in grease. Kerrith Whyte is also an interesting one (the other FAU HB). I liked what little I saw of him, but I had no idea he was in the draft until recently. Here are a couple gifs of Singletary:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I didn't pick these plays because they were his longest runs of the season. I picked these plays because this kid has some absolutely special traits. Look at the way he moves in the last GIF. He eludes three tacklers behind the LOS using his cutting and stop/start ability. And then you have a number of GIFs showing his special balance. The kid moves like few guys I've ever seen.
Faulk like!

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

well i know who i want the rams to draft...

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which round will he go?

Well, that's the thing. I've said he's a viable 1b choice - I would be ecstatic if he lasted to the Rams' 4th, Memento said a late 3rd would be a good spot - will some team pick him before the late 3rd? FAU is a small enough school that he could wait a while - hopefully, anyway?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
If TGIII is fine and all this nonsense stops there's really no need to draft another RB in the 3rd or 4th.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If TGIII is fine and all this nonsense stops there's really no need to draft another RB in the 3rd or 4th.
Yep when the Rams draft RB Josh Jacobs with our #31 selection will surley shut down all this Gurley talk.