Rams have fired Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I really thought they'd wait until the end of the season. At the very least, they need to have their short list ready by the Monday following the whiners game. But I'm willing to bet Kroenke and Demoff already have their list of potentials, and will start negotiating now.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
YESSS!!!!! I expected to happen, but at the end of the season. The extension was for one year; therefore, this was a "prove it" year for Fisher......and this year has been f'd up. Goodbye Mr. "I really haven't done anything to be this Arrogant" Fisher. He actually should thank Stan for keeping his name out of the record books. Now let's get on to hiring someone long term and getting rid this continued stench of losing out of this franchise!!! All Rams fans deserve better. According to NFL live, Fisher broke the record......my bad

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would like to remind those who are happy about this news (like i am) to be respectful towards Fisher. He isn't an idiot, he didn't wreck the Rams or steal your money. He just wasn't good enough.
Please don't act like a 5th grader in here. We're better than that :)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But why do it today? On a short week, just kind of weird.
Dude, we are falling apart...and contrary to what some will say, I think the mistakes and effort are the effects of quitting & losing focus. Can't keep this up...team is too young

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
eric-dickerson.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Who's shocked?

Harbaugh is seriously an option....So is Jon Gruden

You can't be serious?

Thank ED too...

I guess Dickerson can go to a game....I'd guess ED won....
Absolutely.
It's not as though a new coach is going to save the season. Just seemed odd on on a short week.

Don't gey me wrong. I want a new HC just like everyone else here.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
If my twitter feed is anything to go by, some members of the media are genuinely surprised by this.

I've no idea why.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
I know this is premature, but David Shaw's "visit" could be more than just a coincidence......just saying

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
This firing is a year or two late, but I'm glad to see it happen regardless. Hopeful for an offensive mind to shake things up and salvage/maximize the talents of Gurley, Austin, and Goff. Those are 3 solid pieces that any creative mind could do plenty with. Sign a key starting O-linemen in FA and draft an OL or two & sign a FA WR and this offense could jump into the 20s next year. We're a MEDIOCRE offense away from the playoffs.

…..

Legend
I'm pretty surprised Stan pulled the trigger right now. There was something odd in Fishers post game presser, he seemed out of answers, out of coach speak. He had no energy. I wonder if that told Stan all he needed.

Psycho_X

Legend
Dude, we are falling apart...and contrary to what some will say, I think the mistakes and effort are the effects of quitting & losing focus. Can't keep this up...team is too young

Meh, don't see a difference really doing it now or Friday. Just puts Fassell in a weird spot with three days of prep suddenly being "the man". But I don't really care overall. Personally think it should have happened last week. But was hoping Fisher's parting gift would be owning that loss record.

Having said that I'm glad Fassell gets a shot. I seriously doubt he or any of the coaches will be here past this season but he gets a chance to show he can prepare a team as a HC. Out of all of our coaches he deserves to get his name out there in NFL circles.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

At least the fans wanting to lose out to be be sure Fisher is fired, can now route for the team again.
May go for some players as well.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Well yes it will be a good move but this day just symbolizes the whole crappy term to me. I just think its a bit odd to celebrate our dysfunction. I'd rather get to work on becoming respectable again.

Dog, I understand where you're coming from.

Hopefully, this is the first step toward becoming a stable, successful franchise we all want the Rams to be. That's what I'm celebrating right now.

TexasRam

Legend
Wise move by Kroenke.

When a fan base loses faith in the coach you need to make sure they don't lose faith in the owner as well.

The firing had to be now.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Stan listens! We were chanting it from the west endzone yesterday. Sorry to ruin anyone's game day experience.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I'm sure he will. But someone has to call plays. And run the middle school offense. Would be almost too much to fire everyone at once.
Let the janitor call the plays. He couldn't do much worse and it would be a nice Christmas bonus for his family!

Psycho_X

Legend
Wise move by Kroenke.

When a fan base loses faith in the coach you need to make sure they don't lose faith in the owner as well.

The firing had to be now.

Those $6 seats on stubhub and a half empty stadium scared him thinking about his $2.5 billion stadium. Too bad he hasn't cared until now.