Rams have decision to make on oft-injured Rodger Saffold

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
.... but Fisher will name him an incumbent starter at guard for day 1 of training camp. One of the younger guys will have to earn it by beating him out of the job, or wait for Saffold to get hurt again.
Yep you may be right but Saffold's history indicates that usually happen in the first pre season game in the first series. The young dogs will not have to wait long.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be happy either way....but we should be able to afford him. Going to have a ton of cap room and I doubt we re-sign all of our FAs

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
He played 5 games last year. He can't stay healthy, Time to cut him.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think Saffold stays and actually becomes a mainstay on the line and has a healthy year. His shoulders were predisposed to this type of injury and the repairs actually make them better than they were before. Remember, he didn't REinjure the shoulder, he had the same injury to different shoulders.

His doc said that was part of his genetics. Dood's a beast. Very strong and his frame had a slight defect which made this injury almost inevitable. However, the surgery has now corrected for it.

I think he turns the corner and has a dominating season.

And we KNOW he's tough. Dood played with a shoulder that kept popping out for a good part of the season against hogmolleys who knew he was weak on that side. He's a tough mamma jamma. With two good shoulders that should now be able to hold up (like his surgically repaired one did all last year), I expect him to be just fine.

Of course, he's a Rams lineman. There's nothing that says he won't be struck by lightning or hit by a team bus or something...