RAMS GAME RELEASE: Preseason Week 1 at Oakland

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
You do the same thing with your family in tow? I think of my family first, and getting in a verbal match, and being an icehole, can get you jumped in Oaktown.
Well my Mother and Sister don't attend football games and my Dad is plenty capable of defending himself. I just don't agree with the notion that you have to wear certain colors when you go to other stadiums. I've been to Bills games(where I live) wearing a Rams uniform and nobody did anything except boo at me. If some douchebag wants to jump me after the game, bring it. 10 years of martial arts should come in handy.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Well my Mother and Sister don't attend football games and my Dad is plenty capable of defending himself. I just don't agree with the notion that you have to wear certain colors when you go to other stadiums. I've been to Bills games(where I live) wearing a Rams uniform and nobody did anything except boo at me. If some douchebag wants to jump me after the game, bring it. 10 years of martial arts should come in handy.
I was giving some advice to the OP, from a person who has attended Raider games. You go however you want. My whole point is that you don't want to put your wife, kids in a situation where you can't protect them. And seemed to be his concern.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
@Legatron4

img-thing

But, sometimes...

57317527.jpg

This would be my advice for you at a Raider's game. Lol.

So many good Karate Kid memes.

$_35.JPG

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-previewing-st-louis-preseason-week-1-matchup

Raiders vs Rams: Previewing St. Louis' Preseason Week 1 Matchup
By Steven Gerwel, Featured Columnist

hi-res-b8b5d267ddc73beb1c907ea09c584dec_crop_north.jpg

The long wait for football will end on Friday, August 14, as the St. Louis Rams take on the Oakland Raiders for Week 1 of theNFL preseason.

Exhibition football is a far cry from regular-season action, but that's not to say it lacks importance. The preseason will help prepare the starters for the gruelling 17-week stretch that lies ahead. Not only that, but it puts the low-level fringe players under the spotlight and allows the team to identify the hidden gems.

The intensity odometer will be low, but football is football, and this will be our first taste of action after eight long months.

Typically, the first preseason game will produce about one quarter of high-level play between the starters. The first-team offense and defense will play a few drives each—just enough to give the starters a taste of blood—before being yanked.

The two St. Louis superstars—Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn—will likely appear for just one series, as it'd be foolish to risk the season by exposing them to injury.

After the first quarter, the backups will take the wheel. This gives the low-level players some much needed reps and allows the roster battles to play out against a real opponent.

Regardless of the muted action, this game will still be an exciting display for all St. Louis fans.

In order to prepare you for the evening, this article will break down the latest headlines and key matchups, while also providing predictions and more.

Time: 10 p.m. ET

TV: KTVI Fox (St. Louis Local)

News and Notes
hi-res-d3354068cb3d200c47ca932061818e89_crop_north.jpg

Jeff Roberson/Associated Press

Greg Robinson Ready for Blindside Duties

When the Rams used the No. 2 overall pick on Greg Robinson in 2014, it was pretty much understood he'd be raw in his rookie year. In his final year with Auburn in 2013, the offense was almost exclusively a rushing attack, so it was only logical to assume Robinson would struggle with pass protection.

According to Fox Sports (via the Associated Press), Robinson's comfort with the speed of the game has improved.

"It's still not perfect, but I'm not expecting that," Robinson said. "I really would say it's slowed down a lot and I'm able to use my eyes better and just use my feet altogether, so there's not much thinking."

Additionally, Robinson has become somewhat of a mentor for the many rookie offensive linemen in St. Louis. He helps them out when he can.

"It's just simple stuff," Robinson said. "They're smart guys and I feel like they're a little bit more advanced than I was when I came in last year."

It might seem odd the Rams are depending on a raw second-year player for veteran leadership, but the team has no choice. Robinson and Rodger Saffold are the only starters returning from 2014, so they'll be the two players St. Louis leans on to carry that unit.

Robinson certainly has the physical tools to excel. It's just a matter of him overcoming the steep learning curve and finding comfort.

Latest Injury News
hi-res-e39a8acf1f573c83e83a1b61594ec3a0_crop_north.jpg

These are the latest players mentioned in the injury reports from Rams beat writer Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

S Mark Barron (Knee)

According to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Mark Barron is slowly easing into football in an effort to protect the same knee he had surgery on several years back.

Barron states in the article he's not sure if he'll be playing against Oakland on Friday night, but he wants to play it smart.

“The preseason means different things for different players,’’ the 25-year-old Barron said. “It’s important to get out there because you want to play and try to get better. But you also want to be smart about it, especially if you’re not ready physically.’’

CB Trumaine Johnson (Soft Tissue)

Trumaine Johnson was mentioned in Thomas' August 10 injury report on Twitter. His status for Friday should be questionable.

RB Isaiah Pead (Soft Tissue)

Isaiah Pead was mentioned in Thomas' August 10 injury reports on Twitter. His status for Friday should be questionable as well.

DE Chris Long (Back)

According to the official Rams website, Chris Long has missed some training camp time with a back injury. The issue has lingered throughout camp, so expect the Rams to take it easy with Long on Friday. If he plays, his snaps will be limited.

CB E.J. Gaines (Foot)

Thomas tweeted on Monday, August 10, that Gaines missed practice with a foot injury and the Rams are still awaiting test results. His status is likely doubtful for Friday's game.

CB Brandon McGee (Foot)

In the same tweet that mentioned Gaines, Thomas pointed out Brandon McGee was also absent with a foot injury.

Key Matchups
hi-res-1fee1ff740c979c8a6ec18814d0d433a_crop_north.jpg

Eric Risberg/Associated Press

Derek Carr vs. the St. Louis Defensive Line

The prized gem for Oakland is Derek Carr, while the gem of St. Louis is undoubtedly the defensive line. The early portion of this game will be a face-off between both parties.

The Raiders are hoping Carr can build on his impressive rookie year by taking that next step towards quarterback stardom. If that happens, the Raiders will certainly climb out of the NFL cellar and grow into a competitive team.

For the Rams, their ticket to the postseason rests on the defensive line. St. Louis possesses the most talented and ferocious 4-3 line in football. If the group plays to its potential, opposing offenses won't stand a chance.

And that will be the key to this game.

Will Carr click with his receivers and show us why he's a rising quarterback in this league? Or, will the vicious St. Louis line tear him to shreds?

The St. Louis Offensive Line vs. Khalil Mack and Justin Tuck

For the St. Louis offense, it's all about surviving behind an inexperienced offensive line. Things could get ugly up front.

As mentioned in a previous slide, Robinson and Saffold are the only starers returning from 2014. The Rams will be fielding a first-year starter at center—either Tim Barnes, Barrett Jones or Demetrius Rhaney—and two rookie starters at right guard and right tackle.

For those young starters on the St. Louis line, this preseason matchup will provide an excellent first test.

Khalil Mack and Justin Tuck combined to make a nice pass-rushing duo for Oakland last season. The two combined for nine sacks, 21 quarterback hits and 59 quarterback hurries.

Facing two respectable pass-rushers such as Tuck and Mack should help prepare the offensive line for its Week-1 showdown with Seattle.

Matchup X-Factors
hi-res-b11bc54495dc9bc24c4ec5a59c5dd41d_crop_north.jpg

Nick Foles' Comfort with the Receivers

Let's face it. This is the primary reason many Rams fans are tuning in this Friday—possibly the only reason.

Everyone wants to see what the new quarterback looks like in horns.

For the past two seasons, the lack of a true starting quarterback has weighed down the Rams and prevented them from truly competing within the division. With the addition of Foles, fans are hoping the team finally has a reliable quarterback capable of leading a semi-competent offense.

One of the primary X-factors in this game is Foles' rhythm and comfort with the receivers. Everyone knows the Rams can play defense and they're built to run the ball. But can they air it out like any self-respecting team in the 21st century?

That's the question that will affect this game and possibly the entire season.

Will the Secondary Weigh Down the Defense?

As you might have noticed two slides ago, the St. Louis defensive backs are getting pretty dinged up, particularly the corners. There's no serious injury we've been made aware of at this time, but it's likely Gaines, Johnson and McGee will limited this Friday and possibly sidelined completely.

Janoris Jenkins will be healthy, but the coaches will probably limit his snaps, as he's viewed as a blue-chip player. That leaves Lamarcus Joyner and Marcus Roberson as the primary guys.

The Raiders might expose St. Louis' banged up secondary with a heavy passing attack that relies on quick routes. This strategy will also handcuff the St. Louis pass rush, as even a monster like Donald needs a couple of seconds to sack a quarterback.

The secondary injuries are likely not a regular-season concern, at least not yet, but it could be a factor on Friday.

Prediction: Rams 20, Raiders 17
hi-res-46f71310755c42f4cc3dfcd6a2cd3bdc_crop_north.jpg

L.G. Patterson/Associated Press

This game isn't about the score or the winner. Instead, it serves two simple purposes: a chance for the starters to get a taste of live action and a chance for the backups to duke it out for a roster spot.

For the fans, it's a chance to finally see the team after a unbearably long hiatus. It's a fraction of the regular-season excitement, but it's still something to follow until the real action begins.

Even if this game is meaningless, it's easy to see the Rams pulling off the win.

What many don't realize is the Rams not only have a great starting defense, but the backups are pretty darn impressive as well.

Backup defensive ends William Hayes and Eugene Sims could likely start for many teams, as could No. 3 defensive tackle Nick Fairley. The entire front seven is stacked with better-than-average backups, which means the Raiders will be facing tough defense play for all four quarters.

It's true the St. Louis offense is far less impressive, which is why it will be a relatively low-scoring affair. In the end, the St. Louis defense and special teams will win the battle for field position, allowing the Rams to come out ahead by one field goal.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-previewing-st-louis-preseason-week-1-matchup

Raiders vs Rams: Previewing St. Louis' Preseason Week 1 Matchup
By Steven Gerwel, Featured Columnist

hi-res-b8b5d267ddc73beb1c907ea09c584dec_crop_north.jpg

The long wait for football will end on Friday, August 14, as the St. Louis Rams take on the Oakland Raiders for Week 1 of theNFL preseason.

Exhibition football is a far cry from regular-season action, but that's not to say it lacks importance. The preseason will help prepare the starters for the gruelling 17-week stretch that lies ahead. Not only that, but it puts the low-level fringe players under the spotlight and allows the team to identify the hidden gems.

The intensity odometer will be low, but football is football, and this will be our first taste of action after eight long months.

Typically, the first preseason game will produce about one quarter of high-level play between the starters. The first-team offense and defense will play a few drives each—just enough to give the starters a taste of blood—before being yanked.

The two St. Louis superstars—Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn—will likely appear for just one series, as it'd be foolish to risk the season by exposing them to injury.

After the first quarter, the backups will take the wheel. This gives the low-level players some much needed reps and allows the roster battles to play out against a real opponent.

Regardless of the muted action, this game will still be an exciting display for all St. Louis fans.

In order to prepare you for the evening, this article will break down the latest headlines and key matchups, while also providing predictions and more.

Time: 10 p.m. ET

TV: KTVI Fox (St. Louis Local)

News and Notes
hi-res-d3354068cb3d200c47ca932061818e89_crop_north.jpg

Greg Robinson Ready for Blindside Duties

When the Rams used the No. 2 overall pick on Greg Robinson in 2014, it was pretty much understood he'd be raw in his rookie year. In his final year with Auburn in 2013, the offense was almost exclusively a rushing attack, so it was only logical to assume Robinson would struggle with pass protection.

According to Fox Sports (via the Associated Press), Robinson's comfort with the speed of the game has improved.

"It's still not perfect, but I'm not expecting that," Robinson said. "I really would say it's slowed down a lot and I'm able to use my eyes better and just use my feet altogether, so there's not much thinking."

Additionally, Robinson has become somewhat of a mentor for the many rookie offensive linemen in St. Louis. He helps them out when he can.

"It's just simple stuff," Robinson said. "They're smart guys and I feel like they're a little bit more advanced than I was when I came in last year."

It might seem odd the Rams are depending on a raw second-year player for veteran leadership, but the team has no choice. Robinson and Rodger Saffold are the only starters returning from 2014, so they'll be the two players St. Louis leans on to carry that unit.

Robinson certainly has the physical tools to excel. It's just a matter of him overcoming the steep learning curve and finding comfort.

Latest Injury News
hi-res-e39a8acf1f573c83e83a1b61594ec3a0_crop_north.jpg

These are the latest players mentioned in the injury reports from Rams beat writer Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

S Mark Barron (Knee)

According to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Mark Barron is slowly easing into football in an effort to protect the same knee he had surgery on several years back.

Barron states in the article he's not sure if he'll be playing against Oakland on Friday night, but he wants to play it smart.

“The preseason means different things for different players,’’ the 25-year-old Barron said. “It’s important to get out there because you want to play and try to get better. But you also want to be smart about it, especially if you’re not ready physically.’’

CB Trumaine Johnson (Soft Tissue)

Trumaine Johnson was mentioned in Thomas' August 10 injury report on Twitter. His status for Friday should be questionable.

RB Isaiah Pead (Soft Tissue)

Isaiah Pead was mentioned in Thomas' August 10 injury reports on Twitter. His status for Friday should be questionable as well.

DE Chris Long (Back)

According to the official Rams website, Chris Long has missed some training camp time with a back injury. The issue has lingered throughout camp, so expect the Rams to take it easy with Long on Friday. If he plays, his snaps will be limited.

CB E.J. Gaines (Foot)

Thomas tweeted on Monday, August 10, that Gaines missed practice with a foot injury and the Rams are still awaiting test results. His status is likely doubtful for Friday's game.

CB Brandon McGee (Foot)

In the same tweet that mentioned Gaines, Thomas pointed out Brandon McGee was also absent with a foot injury.

Key Matchups
hi-res-1fee1ff740c979c8a6ec18814d0d433a_crop_north.jpg

Eric Risberg/Associated Press

Derek Carr vs. the St. Louis Defensive Line

The prized gem for Oakland is Derek Carr, while the gem of St. Louis is undoubtedly the defensive line. The early portion of this game will be a face-off between both parties.

The Raiders are hoping Carr can build on his impressive rookie year by taking that next step towards quarterback stardom. If that happens, the Raiders will certainly climb out of the NFL cellar and grow into a competitive team.

For the Rams, their ticket to the postseason rests on the defensive line. St. Louis possesses the most talented and ferocious 4-3 line in football. If the group plays to its potential, opposing offenses won't stand a chance.

And that will be the key to this game.

Will Carr click with his receivers and show us why he's a rising quarterback in this league? Or, will the vicious St. Louis line tear him to shreds?

The St. Louis Offensive Line vs. Khalil Mack and Justin Tuck

For the St. Louis offense, it's all about surviving behind an inexperienced offensive line. Things could get ugly up front.

As mentioned in a previous slide, Robinson and Saffold are the only starers returning from 2014. The Rams will be fielding a first-year starter at center—either Tim Barnes, Barrett Jones or Demetrius Rhaney—and two rookie starters at right guard and right tackle.

For those young starters on the St. Louis line, this preseason matchup will provide an excellent first test.

Khalil Mack and Justin Tuck combined to make a nice pass-rushing duo for Oakland last season. The two combined for nine sacks, 21 quarterback hits and 59 quarterback hurries.

Facing two respectable pass-rushers such as Tuck and Mack should help prepare the offensive line for its Week-1 showdown with Seattle.

Matchup X-Factors
hi-res-b11bc54495dc9bc24c4ec5a59c5dd41d_crop_north.jpg

Nick Foles' Comfort with the Receivers

Let's face it. This is the primary reason many Rams fans are tuning in this Friday—possibly the only reason.

Everyone wants to see what the new quarterback looks like in horns.

For the past two seasons, the lack of a true starting quarterback has weighed down the Rams and prevented them from truly competing within the division. With the addition of Foles, fans are hoping the team finally has a reliable quarterback capable of leading a semi-competent offense.

One of the primary X-factors in this game is Foles' rhythm and comfort with the receivers. Everyone knows the Rams can play defense and they're built to run the ball. But can they air it out like any self-respecting team in the 21st century?

That's the question that will affect this game and possibly the entire season.

Will the Secondary Weigh Down the Defense?

As you might have noticed two slides ago, the St. Louis defensive backs are getting pretty dinged up, particularly the corners. There's no serious injury we've been made aware of at this time, but it's likely Gaines, Johnson and McGee will limited this Friday and possibly sidelined completely.

Janoris Jenkins will be healthy, but the coaches will probably limit his snaps, as he's viewed as a blue-chip player. That leaves Lamarcus Joyner and Marcus Roberson as the primary guys.

The Raiders might expose St. Louis' banged up secondary with a heavy passing attack that relies on quick routes. This strategy will also handcuff the St. Louis pass rush, as even a monster like Donald needs a couple of seconds to sack a quarterback.

The secondary injuries are likely not a regular-season concern, at least not yet, but it could be a factor on Friday.

Prediction: Rams 20, Raiders 17
hi-res-46f71310755c42f4cc3dfcd6a2cd3bdc_crop_north.jpg

L.G. Patterson/Associated Press

This game isn't about the score or the winner. Instead, it serves two simple purposes: a chance for the starters to get a taste of live action and a chance for the backups to duke it out for a roster spot.

For the fans, it's a chance to finally see the team after a unbearably long hiatus. It's a fraction of the regular-season excitement, but it's still something to follow until the real action begins.

Even if this game is meaningless, it's easy to see the Rams pulling off the win.

What many don't realize is the Rams not only have a great starting defense, but the backups are pretty darn impressive as well.

Backup defensive ends William Hayes and Eugene Sims could likely start for many teams, as could No. 3 defensive tackle Nick Fairley. The entire front seven is stacked with better-than-average backups, which means the Raiders will be facing tough defense play for all four quarters.

It's true the St. Louis offense is far less impressive, which is why it will be a relatively low-scoring affair. In the end, the St. Louis defense and special teams will win the battle for field position, allowing the Rams to come out ahead by one field goal.
Some good stuff in here, but when I see a projected score in a 1st preseason game, just impossible to predict that stuff.

Going to fun watching Mack vs. G. Robinson.

RamBill

Legend
Penalty problems among things to watch as Rams start preseason
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...among-things-to-watch-as-rams-start-preseason

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams and Oakland Raiders kick off the preseason Friday night at O.co Stadium in Oakland. Kickoff is set for 10 p.m. ET. Here are three things to watch as the exhibition slate gets underway.

1. Will penalty problems persist?: Just last week, Rams coach Jeff Fisher went out of his way to point out that his team had done a good job of avoiding penalties in practice during training camp. The next night at the team's annual scrimmage, the penalty issues of recent seasons popped up. In the time since, flags have been fairly abundant, especially the pre-snap variety. Since Fisher arrived in St. Louis, the Rams have struggled with penalties in the preseason with Fisher saying that they'd be cleaned up during the season. It hasn't happened.

The Rams had 122 accepted penalties in 2014, third-most in the NFL. Their 59 offensive penalties were also third most and their 1,139 penalty yards were the most in the NFL. In three seasons under Fisher, the Rams have accumulated 375 penalties for 3,126 penalty yards, both of which are the most in the league over that period.

That hidden yardage has been difficult for the Rams to overcome, especially on offense. It's probably unwise to expect it to change dramatically this season but Fisher has called it a point of emphasis and if the Rams aren't responding, that doesn't bode well moving forward.

2. First look at Foles: New Rams quarterback Nick Foles isn't likely to play more than a series or two and when he's in, the Rams probably won't ask him to throw it around much. One of the team's top priorities this preseason is protecting Foles and ensuring he gets to the regular season healthy.

Still, getting a look at Foles in a game setting for the first time will offer a little glimpse of what could be in store for the season. When Foles does throw it, expect the ball to come out quick in the Rams' west coast style.

It's been tough sledding for Foles and the offense in training camp but the Rams believe that having Foles & Co. battling the team's loaded defense should help the offense when it faces other opponents. It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things but it wouldn't be bad for the group's confidence to put together a good drive or two before Foles calls it a night.

3. Injuries into opportunity: The Rams have a handful of players dealing with a variety of injury issues though none of them appear too serious. But those ailments will likely keep players like cornerback E.J. Gaines, running back Tre Mason, end Chris Long and others out of this game. That should create plenty of chances for others to step in and make a strong impression. Some players worth monitoring include cornerbacks Marcus Roberson and Imoan Claiborne, end Martin Ifedi and running back Malcolm Brown. The bottom half of the roster won't lack for playing time so this game should offer a prime chance to begin making a case for roster spots.

RamBill

Legend
Rams-Raiders: Five things to watch

By Norm Sanders

http://www.bnd.com/sports/nfl/st-louis-rams/article31026903.html

Here are five things to watch as the St. Louis Rams travel to California to take on the Oakland Raiders (9 p.m. Friday; TV-Fox Channel 2; Radio-WXOS-FM 101.1)

1. How well will new quarterback Nick Foles click with his receivers and with the offense in general?

Not only is Foles the new starter at quarterback after coming over from Philadelphia in a trade for Sam Bradford, the Rams also are breaking in yet another new offensive coordinator in Frank Cignetti. One of the team's most productive receivers early last season was Brian Quick, who was lost to shoulder surgery. Since the team brought back most of the same receivers, including veteran Kenny Britt and youngsters Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey, Foles has had time to develop chemistry with everyone during OTAs (organized team activities) and camp.

2. How will rookie right tackle Rob Havenstein and rookie right guard Jamon Brown hold up in their first live NFL experience?

Rams coach Jeff Fisher said he expected Foles to play for only a handful of series, but it will be interesting to see how the offensive line looks with three new starters. Along with Havenstein and Brown, who have been listed as starters since Day 1, there's also a three-way battle at center with Barrett Jones expected to be the starter against the Raiders. Keeping Foles upright and healthy is a major concern for a Rams team that saw Bradford go down twice with ACL surgeries. Look for Havenstein and Brown to see a lot of playing time in the preseason.

3. Who will emerge as a go-to receiver for the Rams?

Tight end Jared Cook has been a frequent target of Foles throughout training camp and the pair could combine for a special combination this season. Quick was on track to becoming a breakout performer at receiver for the Rams last season before being sidelined by shoulder surgery. Austin was the eighth overall pick in the draft, but the Rams have seemingly never found a way to get him conistently more involved in the offense. With a new coordinator that's an obvious area to study. Chris Givens and his speed are still here, as is Bailey and his sure hands.

4. Any other rookies pushing for playing time?

Along with Havenstein and Brown, who are penciled in as starters, the Rams may want to check out offensive tackle Isaiah Battle, whom they selected in the NFL Supplemental Draft. Andrew Donnal, another tackle, was the Rams' fourth-round pick and also will likely see a lot of action in camp. It would seem rookie quarterback Sean Mannion will make the team, especially since the Rams used a third-round pick on him, with veterans Austin Davis and Case Keenum battling for the backup job behind Foles. First-round pick and former Georgia star running back Todd Gurley has been gradually increasing his activity at practices, but is being brought along slowly during the final stages of rehab frmo ACL surgery.

5. Any wide-open position battles?

Center is the most obvious one, with Jones battling Tim Barnes and Demetrius Rhaney in a three-way bout that has continued throughout camp. Injuries to several cornerbacks, including starter E.J. Gaines (foot), could create some opportunities there as well. Barring injuries, the entire defense seems fairly set.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm guessing penalties will just be something we will have to overcome because I'm not expecting it to change.

RamBill

Legend
Rams starters unlikely to play much against Raiders
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...tarters-unlikely-to-play-much-against-raiders

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams' trip to the West Coast should offer plenty of opportunities to get their starters headed in the right direction for the Sept. 13 regular season opener against Seattle.

On Friday night, the Rams kick off the preseason slate against the Raiders in Oakland. From there, they'll travel to Los Angeles to practice with the Dallas Cowboys in Oxnard, California. But all indications are the Cowboys will see more of the Rams starters than the Raiders.

With so many moving parts on offense, including new quarterback Nick Foles, three new starters on the offensive line and a new coordinator in Frank Cignetti, one would think the Rams might want to at least give that group more time. And they still might, but it just doesn't appear likely to happen in Oakland.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher said this week that the Rams don't want to force the issue as things are still settling down. Foles will probably play a series or two before calling it a night.

"Then we’ll start making changes," Fisher said. "We want to protect him. We don’t want to get him hit, get rid of the ball. [Raiders] ) Coach [Jack] Del Rio is a good football coach, a defensive guy, and he’s going to have them rolling off, so we just have to be smart offensively.”

Protecting Foles is of the utmost importance given what the Rams have been through at quarterback in the past two seasons. In 2014, quarterback Sam Bradford was lost for the season to a torn ACL in the third preseason game in Cleveland. And with the Rams breaking in rookies at right guard (Jamon Brown) and right tackle (Rob Havenstein) and still sorting out a three-way battle at center, it's probably safe to expect the ball to be coming out of Foles' hand quick for the limited time he is in the game.

The rookie linemen might get a little more time than Foles as they work to get acclimated.

“We’ve got some younger guys that will probably play into the second half," Fisher said. "I don’t know how much Rob and JB will play beyond the other guys. I think you can expect to see them play three or four series.”

With the baseball season still going on, the Rams will have to deal with the dirt infield on the surface at O.co Stadium. While Fisher insists it's not an injury concern, there aren't many places in the league that still have that setup. And with a defense that returns all of its starters, has some injuries in the secondary and doesn't need as much time as the offense, it's probably safe to expect key players on that side of the ball to play very little, if at all.

Fisher said the dirt infield will be more of a factor for the kicking game.

“They’ve been dealing with it forever," Fisher said. "It’s not the only place. Really, the only consideration is your kicking game. Are you going to kick or do you want to use a timeout and switch ends and kick off the grass versus kicking off the dirt? So it’s not a consideration and it’s not a safety hazard or a safety issue, or else the league would never allow that to happen.”

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
After last season, having Chris Long dinged up in August is very discouraging.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

Agree. Was looking through the posts and saw that and instantly got a bit concerned. He always seems to be nicked up with something the last two or three years. I'd love to see him at 100% at some point.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
In BC, its on the CW channel live but in SD not HD, then replayed on the NFL Network... Fn'ing SD

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Brandon McGee was also absent with a foot injury.
Damnit McGee!!!!! Making me look bad!!!!!!

He always seems to be nicked up with something the last two or three years. I'd love to see him at 100% at some point.
This may be the Chris Long we'll have to get used to....He seems to be unable to shake the injury bug...Damn shame, was a nice lil player....All downhill after 30....
Things LA Champ46 is gonna look for: (yes, in honor of Tre Mason, LA Champ goes 3rd person now,LOL)
I really wanna see Joyner take a step up...I wanna see Mo Alexander...I bet he brings the pain...I'm really interested in seeing Battle...I think Jamon Brown will do well...Curious to see if Havenstein & Barrett Jones can handle the heat. Foles should do well....Will Quick play?
Davis better light these scrubs up....
Khalil Mack...I keep hearing all these obscure stats....what is it with this guy? I tell everybody, Anthony Barr is a better player....Now we get to see who made Barr, Akeem Ayers....real stud!!!
Don't need Tavon to show anything...just yet...Want to see some of those other wrs...That big guy...don't know his name...the Army guy....and I wanna see Brown the RB....dude was a 5 star Texas HS stud....He better bring it...Read somewhere Chase Reynolds had 19 ST tackles!?!? wtf!?! How come I didn't see that?

Dammm!!! And I was looking forward to this game! Is there any way we can stream it?

View: https://youtu.be/vPU55sZItFs

Can Be installed on any computer, phone, or tablet. Tablet/comp recommended. All you need is good wifi. Quality is mediocre, but you can watch every single live sports event including international. PLUS every single movie in existence in great quality. They are streams organized in folders and links without having to browse the web. Constantly updates itself daily. Watching the preseason games as we speak. NFL network/red zone and all. Research Kodi a bit more and you'll find out its fairly simple

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
NFL network is showing I believe at 10pm Friday night. Not ideal but I'll drop it and re watch after arching it on a stream.
NFL Game Pass. I just paid for it. You get live pre season games in HD on your desktop and live audio for regular season games as well as game rewind in HD for regular season games....7 day free trial and $99 a season.