Rams Future 2019

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
2019 is still not over, so want to vent. Could go on my SF game to post. I’m here.

2020’is right here, but as 2019 so might Fowler,Brockers,& Littleton!!! Maybe even Whitworth??

I reflect back at Weddle & Clay signing.
Clay went down & all the Haters can talk about him. Go back to first HAGS game. His jaw breaking was huge tonThe Rams run.

My thing right now though is the LOVE Clay,Brockers,Donald,Fowler,Littleton had for each other!! It’s was GREAT!!! RAMsey & Rapp getting caught at the line of scrimmage still blows my mind on 3-16.
Goff took the blame on an INT, but Higbee had his droppsie late that was big.
The offensive line going against SF D”front holding there own being banged up. Williams showing excellent hands.Even Greg the Leg made up for his miss.

So I reflect & move forward.

I’m going to let things play out. McSnead making those mid-season trades were awesome. Can’t think of a modern time The Rams making trades like that mid/season.

Corbett was a steal.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Prediction now .

Gurley is gone !!

Littleton & Brockers are gone.

All Snisher guys!! Mcvay is moving on.

Whitworth & Fowler will be resigned.

Cooks ?? The Rams just need cap space.He is a 1,000 wr. Copper Kupp needs to be resigned though ?

The Rams are in better shape than some think. Yes, The NFC West is tough. Arizona is getting better.

The coaching changes bring new life. We as Ram fans get to see the start of Sean Mcvay as The True HC!!

JJ needs to be resigned,RAMsey as well. In house is STRONGER now than ever.

FOWLER & WHITWORTH are Core players along with RAMsey.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well - here we go with The Future again !!

My call is Andrew Whitworth will re-sign with the Rams next season !!!

my reasonings are

1. He is playing well and McVay takes care of them.

2. The Rams will be moving into a new stadium that is going to be pretty amazing. I’m sure he wants to be a part of it.

3.Like Jackie Slater he has a chance of being in the Hall of Fame and another year only adds to his credentials. Jackie Slater used to play you’re by ear depending on his desires and of course if Georgia would pay him.
4.Jared Goff is taking a leadership role and I believe is calling Whitworth out to continue to be a great mentor to the young lineman.
5.Sing Whitworth getting into it with the fans really shows me how much fun he’s having and his love for LA Ram Fans
6. Last season Whitworth one in award because of the excellent man he is by being there for residence after the fire in shooting Of 2018.
7. Last season I believe the ugliness of the New Orleans game really made him(family)thinkWhat playing is worth. Especially from the ugliness of Louisiana fans of which he graduated from LSU.
Well - here we go with The Future again !!

My call is Andrew Whitworth will re-sign with the Rams next season !!!

my reasonings are

1. He is playing well and McVay takes care of them.

2. The Rams will be moving into a new stadium that is going to be pretty amazing. I’m sure he wants to be a part of it.

3.Like Jackie Slater he has a chance of being in the Hall of Fame and another year only adds to his credentials. Jackie Slater used to play you’re by ear depending on his desires and of course if Georgia would pay him.
4.Jared Goff is taking a leadership role and I believe is calling Whitworth out to continue to be a great mentor to the young lineman.
5.Sing Whitworth getting into it with the fans really shows me how much fun he’s having and his love for LA Ram Fans
6. Last season Whitworth one in award because of the excellent man he is by being there for residence after the fire in shooting Of 2018.
7. Last season I believe the ugliness of the New Orleans game really made him(family)thinkWhat playing is worth. Especially from the ugliness of Louisiana fans of which he graduated from LSU.

December 10, then after watching Whitworth play against Chandler Jones on tape, The Rams beat the Hags.(Dallas was the ultimate sandwich game).

Evans against
Clowney was special. My point all a long has been he is The Rams Cross-trained backup right now.

My posting would not erase. Just posting because I’m happy of The Rams signing.

—A” Robinson gets me excited. Then I love Clay & Donald together.They just say let’s meet at the QB. — Have to Comp pick question in another post.

—OO I just saw was training hard. His rookie season he looked great just working out. D.Easley was like a doorman when I would go to Training Camps. He had one foot out the door. OO will be for real this season.
-Samson is ready for whatever Staley wants from him. Talk about developing a young player. NOW ???? My question is RAMS FRONT OFFICE is when & if you lock Ebukam up ??? I do not like there theory on letting there players test FA market,but then again comp picks ??

— I’m not a big cap guy, but actually looked up a good trade partner for The Rams. My reason was Gurley’s new BFF Hopkins at Lakers game. Houston made sense, but all there cap was on there WR’s.No way they could keep both. Miami seems like a good spot,but his contract.

— Brandon Cooks is a 1,000 yard WR. My take has been he is ready to breakout. Now he was pissed after The Rams did not make playoffs & blamed basically Mcvay. His head is on straight like TO. Give me the ball.
( No clue on Gurley & Cooks but like both)

Was wrong about Coleman, but when I looked at the cap. All free & no cap hit. The Rams insurance policy.,(Loved him) but there is a time to move on. The NFL made a rule about him. David Long & D. Williams need to be on the field. Troy Hill is playing at a high level at CB.

I’m intrigued with some of these young DL/OLB The Rams have. Might need a couple years,but could be valuable on playoff run.

RB’s are a big question to me. John Kelly ??
Malcom Brown is out the door soon.Gurley ?? Henderson is a 3rd down type of RB.I like the kid from LSU.

In Goff we trust !!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Congratulations @So Ram you have officially hijacked your own thread. Masterful work there. :giggle:

The Rams keeping Brockers was a feeling I always had.Nice to see him resigned.

Robey Coleman I liked ,was a solid Ram.The Rams wanted to move on from last season ,with David Long & Tyler Rapp being drafted it made this move easy. D. Williams needs to get playing time.

Clay being cut was a surprise mainly because Fowler left, but Sampson Ebukham needs to be a starter in 2020.

I see The Rams drafting a RB early. There is no doubt they need a bigger
back.

Still wonder about this young
D” LBers ?
—B. Cooks is still a Ram!! Is he the only WR signed past 2020??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well I’ll start with a prediction in 2020. The Rams will have a better rushing game without Todd Gurley. Want Johnathan Taylor & would trade into 1st. Rd. For him.Bot sure at what price though ? In any effort MCSNEAD will be drafting a RB early.I see The Rams trading #52 though either way up or down ?

—Brockers returning makes The Rams defensive front one of the BEST in The NFL. Tanzel Smart Finally get Cut!!!
The signing of A’Shawn Robinson is much better than the Suh signing IMO. It’s for 2years & he is an ascending player. L. Floyd is going to help support the run, with D/C Staley knowing him.

I still think The Rams find a starting OLB/LB in 2020 draft.Reader started 1/2 the season ?
Littleton will be missed,but a comp pick for a udfa is Plus!! Clay as much as I like him does not fit this new defense of front ??

DB’s Weddle was slow. Funny I always though he was a slow black safety.I’d always have to check 32 was ?? In training camp I was disappointed in him.It was easy to tell he lost a step.J.Johnson will benefit from him being a Ram though. The Rams will draft a Safety?? When ?? T. Rapp was the first real surprise early pick from McSnead. Solid value pick,but not a total position of need.

Edwards & Evans were nice finds of position of needs. The experience they got in 2019 was priceless. I see Kromer & McSnead just building on this group. Will always look to add, but 2020 more than likely won’t be.There is always a chance,but The Rams don’t have enough draft picks.

RB,OLB my guess will be used with The Rams first pick where ever that pick ends up. Then LB, WR & safety will be in serious play.

I like J. Hurt & would not be surprised if he becomes a Ram ?? I was FORSURE in 2019 draft The Rams would not draft a QB. This year it’s a Center & OL man. I see a QB being drafted, if nothing else a udrfa.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Prediction— Forsure The Rams draft a Stud RB within the next 2Hrs.

Could go on a Rant,but will stick to how awesome I think this offseason has been. This Cooks trade gives The Rams leverage in day 2.

this mlb from Wyoming or Cal are both tackling old school type of LBers.

Question about Noteboom & a couple Tackles on the board still that Kromer could like ? Just looking forward to
the additions from this 2020 draft.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well I’ll start with a prediction in 2020. The Rams will have a better rushing game without Todd Gurley. Want Johnathan Taylor & would trade into 1st. Rd. For him.Bot sure at what price though ? In any effort MCSNEAD will be drafting a RB early.I see The Rams trading #52 though either way up or down ?

—Brockers returning makes The Rams defensive front one of the BEST in The NFL. Tanzel Smart Finally get Cut!!!
The signing of A’Shawn Robinson is much better than the Suh signing IMO. It’s for 2years & he is an ascending player. L. Floyd is going to help support the run, with D/C Staley knowing him.

I still think The Rams find a starting OLB/LB in 2020 draft.Reader started 1/2 the season ?
Littleton will be missed,but a comp pick for a udfa is Plus!! Clay as much as I like him does not fit this new defense of front ??

DB’s Weddle was slow. Funny I always though he was a slow black safety.I’d always have to check 32 was ?? In training camp I was disappointed in him.It was easy to tell he lost a step.J.Johnson will benefit from him being a Ram though. The Rams will draft a Safety?? When ?? T. Rapp was the first real surprise early pick from McSnead. Solid value pick,but not a total position of need.

Edwards & Evans were nice finds of position of needs. The experience they got in 2019 was priceless. I see Kromer & McSnead just building on this group. Will always look to add, but 2020 more than likely won’t be.There is always a chance,but The Rams don’t have enough draft picks.

RB,OLB my guess will be used with The Rams first pick where ever that pick ends up. Then LB, WR & safety will be in serious play.

I like J. Hurt & would not be surprised if he becomes a Ram ?? I was FORSURE in 2019 draft The Rams would not draft a QB. This year it’s a Center & OL man. I see a QB being drafted, if nothing else a udrfa.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Just have to say I was pretty much right on with The Rams building there team. Sort of chilling, but Tanzel Smart getting cut makes it clear The Rams are on the right path.

I like the direction this team is going. The players drafted were of strong character & good value.

Sort of unbelievable how the get such talent with udrfa’s .. The sales pitch is awesome & some player will find a spot on the roster. Mcvay does need to give certain players more experience.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What a difference a year makes.Looking back though instead of The Niners game it’s the SeaHags.

Whitworth is hurt but signed for another year.Blythe is a FA.The Rams don’t add a Offensive Lineman from last season & Bobby Evans has only what? One series of plays of a total of 4 reps.

Darius Williams played well & Troy Hill was not cut.David Long &Tyler Rapp have been missing most of the season.They were suppose to be the future.
Gurley is gone like I thought & The Rams have a young stable of RB’s.That TBay rookie pick up is good.

Littleton is gone & Other LBer got hurt.T.Lewis was drafted & hurt this season. Clay Matthews got cut & Fowler signed big.else where.

-2021 is right around the corner & Zona is the Last game on the schedule again. Can The Rams win out this year. I like the growth,but he we go again.

TexasRam

Legend
I hate posters who constantly analyze situations without having the full information in front of them.

You don't know where we are going to draft.

You don't what the impact of NOT having Goff vs what draft picks we would have taken. 50% of first round players are busts or never live up to the potential of a first rounder.

What Snead/McVay are doing is stacking the odds in the Rams favor. By getting the best single DB in the league that immensely helps vs us bitching how Peter's or Taking got burned remember TB. My guess if we had Ramsey we would have won that game.

Do you ever hear or see Ramsey get beat? I don't! What is that worth when it frees up other players. By having Goff we stopped the revolving door at QB and gave stability to the position. Now we need to give stability to the oline and we will be fine.
Agree 100% all the moves were excellent. Goff has shown Pro Bowl top offense in the NFL 2 years in a row with a solid Oline. The money was totally justified considering how hard it is to find a reliable starter and considering what he has done with his supporting cast.

The Ramsey move has paid for itself. The chances of finding that much of a defensive impact player with the picks given up is so low. The draft is such a crapshoot at best. With Donald in his prime you need to have the complements now.

We need a Center, a healthy Whitworth and an impact offensive player which Cam Akers might be, especially with a new center. Maybe an ILB, the rest of the roster is competitive and has us primed for a strong playoff run. That's pretty amazing considering the losses to Gurley, Whitworth, Kizer and key injuries along the way to Rapp, Fuller, Akers, OBO, Lewis, Burgess etc