Rams Future 2019

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams future is now !!

Was sent this article & sort of makes me think about The 2019 season & it’s meaning.

This article & guy whoever he is ,is not a Rams fan or understands Demoff,Snead,&Mcvay !!

As a long time Rams fan I have never seen a season like this. Basically The Rams went to rebuilding towards the future.

The Gurley & Donald signings were already in place. Now it’s Goff & Ramsey who both have basically cost The Rams 5 first round picks plus ??

so here we are as Rams fans. We get a chance to see the development of some future Young Rams who have been added to the core of the organization.A long with some Excellent veterans, and Super Bowl experienced players from 2018.

In The Rams I trust !!

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I hate posters who constantly analyze situations without having the full information in front of them.

You don't know where we are going to draft.

You don't what the impact of NOT having Goff vs what draft picks we would have taken. 50% of first round players are busts or never live up to the potential of a first rounder.

What Snead/McVay are doing is stacking the odds in the Rams favor. By getting the best single DB in the league that immensely helps vs us bitching how Peter's or Taking got burned remember TB. My guess if we had Ramsey we would have won that game.

Do you ever hear or see Ramsey get beat? I don't! What is that worth when it frees up other players. By having Goff we stopped the revolving door at QB and gave stability to the position. Now we need to give stability to the oline and we will be fine.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That article didn't age well. Murray looks like the real deal, and Goff is Mediocre? Rams might be the 4th best team in the division? It didn't even last a week. LOL

Looks like some fan of another NFC West team jumped on the fact that we got blown out by the hottest team in the NFL, and spewed his sour grapes.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hate posters who constantly analyze situations without having the full information in front of them.

You don't what the impact of NOT having Goff vs what draft picks we would have taken. 50% of first round players are busts or never live up to the potential of a first rounder.

What Snead/McVay are doing is stacking the odds in the Rams favor. By getting the best single DB in the league that immensely helps vs us bitching how Peter's or Taking got burned remember TB. My guess if we had Ramsey we would have won that game.

Do you ever hear or see Ramsey get beat? I don't! What is that worth when it frees up other players. By having Goff we stopped the revolving door at QB and gave stability to the position. Now we need to give stability to the oline and we will be fine.

The way The Rams have built this offensive line is pretty awesome to me ??

yes - RAMsey was an excellent trade as well & agree !! How good is T. Hill played on the other side ?? David Long is not ready, but is apart of the future. Robey/Coleman is underrated. -JJ111 being hurt & Rapp’s future ???

I don’t understand you bringing up draft picks from the being of the post ?? Snead & Mcvay have done an excellent job,of course missed on a couple, but they have got so much value !!!
—Love the trade backs & then finding a player that fits a need as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That article didn't age well. Murray looks like the real deal, and Goff is Mediocre? Rams might be the 4th best team in the division? It didn't even last a week. LOL

Looks like some fan of another NFC West team jumped on the fact that we got blown out by the hottest team in the NFL, and spewed his sour grapes.

yes - agree !! Had to post this because The Rams were getting blasted saying they were not built to WIN NOW !!

I find it unbelievable how excellent THE RAMS coaching staff has done !!!

#1 The Rams are on there 3rd OC with Mcvay being the HC !! Both OC’s are HC’s ??
Has that ever happened before ??

I will continue to say Sean Mcvay is not a genius.I just think he is a HECK of a Head Coach !! He is not afraid to make moves & Snead fits in really nice with him.

I remember a lot of hate towards Snead when Fisher got fired. Demoff deserves a lot of credit as well !! The relationship of WADE & Mcvay was part of the signing of Mcvay !! Heard the interview of Demoff before the signing. He knew Mcvay was the guy early, but wanted the package deal.

Now the connect of Phillip Jr & Mcvay has grown. Wade will continue to coach the defense up. Afraid Pleasant might be gone soon though ??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

The way The Rams have built this offensive line is pretty awesome to me ??

yes - RAMsey was an excellent trade as well & agree !! How good is T. Hill played on the other side ?? David Long is not ready, but is apart of the future. Robey/Coleman is underrated. -JJ111 being hurt & Rapp’s future ???

I don’t understand you bringing up draft picks from the being of the post ?? Snead & Mcvay have done an excellent job,of course missed on a couple, but they have got so much value !!!
—Love the trade backs & then finding a player that fits a ne

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well - here we go with The Future again !!

My call is Andrew Whitworth will re-sign with the Rams next season !!!

my reasonings are

1. He is playing well and McVay takes care of them.

2. The Rams will be moving into a new stadium that is going to be pretty amazing. I’m sure he wants to be a part of it.

3.Like Jackie Slater he has a chance of being in the Hall of Fame and another year only adds to his credentials. Jackie Slater used to play you’re by ear depending on his desires and of course if Georgia would pay him.
4.Jared Goff is taking a leadership role and I believe is calling Whitworth out to continue to be a great mentor to the young lineman.
5.Sing Whitworth getting into it with the fans really shows me how much fun he’s having and his love for LA Ram Fans
6. Last season Whitworth one in award because of the excellent man he is by being there for residence after the fire in shooting Of 2018.
7. Last season I believe the ugliness of the New Orleans game really made him(family)thinkWhat playing is worth. Especially from the ugliness of Louisiana fans of which he graduated from LSU.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As disappointing as the Niners(Dallas) loss was, The Rams have a solid foundation !!
I really enjoyed watching how they put a nice young offensive line together. As well as seeing the growth of the young DB’s !!

Looking forward The Rams still need DL help !! Brockers & Fowler should add a couple comp picks ?? Plus salary relief !!
I did like how Matthews & Donald put pressure on QB’s on passing downs. Will be interesting to see how Mcvay translates his defense???
It all starts up front & what the base defense will even look like ???! Is Wade sticking around ?? Rumors are he may retire ????

oldnotdead

Legend
The team has gone thru growing pains as a young team with a whole lot of changes struggled to come together under unrealistically high expectations. But and I say this with all honesty they stayed together and have grown together. Two mistakes cost them that game on Sunday against a very good team. The defensive front 7 played well and for the most part the secondary also played well.

This team has relied less and less on hired guns as it has developed it's own players. Ramsey is an exceptional grab and well worth the picks used. Why? Because this team is no longer looking for starters. They are now focused upon developing the starters they have and building the depth behind them. They don't need the 1st round picks for backups.

As soon as Blythe is gone and Noteboom and Allen return they will have their o-line who have played well and are growing up together. Look how clean they kept Goff against one of the best front 7's in the NFL. McVay and Snead are on the right track. Growing pains are unavoidable and the cost of developing young talent. The fact that they were in contention until week 16 is testament to the quality of the team they have built.

I for one am stoked that this team is built for the future. I'm not blind to the failures this year, but as I keep saying their own miscues beat them as much or more than the teams they faced. Next year they will have an experienced young o-line and hopefully will have a full TC to developing their gap blocking technique. The failure of the run game has more to do with Kromer's failure to evolve his unit. Give them the scheme to succeed and Gurley will return to form.

I've gone thru this roster top to bottom and I see a championship caliber team loaded with talent. We watched Edwards, Evans, Williams, Rapp and even Allen grow before us. These guys are good. Okoronkwo flashed enough to feel good about his taking over from Brockers. Ebukam outplayed Mathews on fewer snaps. Littleton showed he's the real deal, a true MIKE that every team needs. Before his injury Allen had outplayed Sullivan. The Browns cast off Corbett proved the Browns don't know how to use what talent they have. Their loss is the Rams gain, a starting LG. Fowler has justified his trade and blossomed into a feared edge rusher an excellent match for AD.

Frankly I don't understand all this doom and gloom. This isn't Cleveland. As good as Seattle and SF are, we have seen that this team can beat them both. This team was built the old fashion way through the draft with good talent evaluations and development. All this stuff about being built for now and not for the long run is complete nonsense coming from talking heads who don't know shit...the same ones that were hyping the Browns before the season.

You want to know a team in trouble? I'm glad this team isn't built like the Eagles. They are only as good as the outside talent they can bring in. That type of team building isn't sustainable. Snead brought in key "hired guns" on short term contracts to keep the team contending while he built and developed the team behind them. IMO Mathews and Weddle are the last of their kind on this team. Anyone else brought in will be like Ramsey, young elite talent worth more than a single short term contract. That's why people who keep saying Dante and Jalen will be gone at the end of their contract don't understand that Snead doesn't work that way. He knew before he traded for them that the money would be there to extend them.

Snead's background is in scouting and player development. That's why his drafts have been so good. Just looking at the moves Snead has made it's clear he knows what he's doing and has a plan on how to get there. That by definition would mean he also has a financial plan as well. I have to laugh when I look at the doom and gloom articles in the media about the dire financial straights the Rams are facing. But they include guys like Kupp who is signed through 2020 so his contract is a non factor now. The same thing with Jalen Ramsey, his jump will be about $10M in 2020 which means his extension will only add about $4-$5M to the cap in 2021.

It's going to be tight but certainly doable. It simply means they need to jettison overpaid guys like NRC and Hill and even Mathews and Weddle. Williams can replace both NRC and Hill and Ebukam is already better than Mathews. Eric and Clay alone will open over $7M in cap so with all 4 that clears almost $8M in cap space. My point is that these guys can be released, to clear cap without creating holes in the roster as their is already someone as good or better on the roster to fill the vacancies.

So all this hysteria over the not making the playoffs this year and the cap outlook makes no sense if you really bore down on the roster and the cap numbers. There is a lot of wasted space right now in both categories.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The team has gone thru growing pains as a young team with a whole lot of changes struggled to come together under unrealistically high expectations. But and I say this with all honesty they stayed together and have grown together. Two mistakes cost them that game on Sunday against a very good team. The defensive front 7 played well and for the most part the secondary also played well.

This team has relied less and less on hired guns as it has developed it's own players. Ramsey is an exceptional grab and well worth the picks used. Why? Because this team is no longer looking for starters. They are now focused upon developing the starters they have and building the depth behind them. They don't need the 1st round picks for backups.

As soon as Blythe is gone and Noteboom and Allen return they will have their o-line who have played well and are growing up together. Look how clean they kept Goff against one of the best front 7's in the NFL. McVay and Snead are on the right track. Growing pains are unavoidable and the cost of developing young talent. The fact that they were in contention until week 16 is testament to the quality of the team they have built.

I for one am stoked that this team is built for the future. I'm not blind to the failures this year, but as I keep saying their own miscues beat them as much or more than the teams they faced. Next year they will have an experienced young o-line and hopefully will have a full TC to developing their gap blocking technique. The failure of the run game has more to do with Kromer's failure to evolve his unit. Give them the scheme to succeed and Gurley will return to form.

I've gone thru this roster top to bottom and I see a championship caliber team loaded with talent. We watched Edwards, Evans, Williams, Rapp and even Allen grow before us. These guys are good. Okoronkwo flashed enough to feel good about his taking over from Brockers. Ebukam outplayed Mathews on fewer snaps. Littleton showed he's the real deal, a true MIKE that every team needs. Before his injury Allen had outplayed Sullivan. The Browns cast off Corbett proved the Browns don't know how to use what talent they have. Their loss is the Rams gain, a starting LG. Fowler has justified his trade and blossomed into a feared edge rusher an excellent match for AD.

Frankly I don't understand all this doom and gloom. This isn't Cleveland. As good as Seattle and SF are, we have seen that this team can beat them both. This team was built the old fashion way through the draft with good talent evaluations and development. All this stuff about being built for now and not for the long run is complete nonsense coming from talking heads who don't know shit...the same ones that were hyping the Browns before the season.

You want to know a team in trouble? I'm glad this team isn't built like the Eagles. They are only as good as the outside talent they can bring in. That type of team building isn't sustainable. Snead brought in key "hired guns" on short term contracts to keep the team contending while he built and developed the team behind them. IMO Mathews and Weddle are the last of their kind on this team. Anyone else brought in will be like Ramsey, young elite talent worth more than a single short term contract. That's why people who keep saying Dante and Jalen will be gone at the end of their contract don't understand that Snead doesn't work that way. He knew before he traded for them that the money would be there to extend them.

Snead's background is in scouting and player development. That's why his drafts have been so good. Just looking at the moves Snead has made it's clear he knows what he's doing and has a plan on how to get there. That by definition would mean he also has a financial plan as well. I have to laugh when I look at the doom and gloom articles in the media about the dire financial straights the Rams are facing. But they include guys like Kupp who is signed through 2020 so his contract is a non factor now. The same thing with Jalen Ramsey, his jump will be about $10M in 2020 which means his extension will only add about $4-$5M to the cap in 2021.

It's going to be tight but certainly doable. It simply means they need to jettison overpaid guys like NRC and Hill and even Mathews and Weddle. Williams can replace both NRC and Hill and Ebukam is already better than Mathews. Eric and Clay alone will open over $7M in cap so with all 4 that clears almost $8M in cap space. My point is that these guys can be released, to clear cap without creating holes in the roster as their is already someone as good or better on the roster to fill the vacancies.

So all this hysteria over the not making the playoffs this year and the cap outlook makes no sense if you really bore down on the roster and the cap numbers. There is a lot of wasted space right now in both categories.

Agree with your out look , with a couple exceptions. —The Truth though is Mcvay gets to take his training wheels off a little more. This will be another interesting off season !!
Still blown away on The trades mid season. Talk about being able to adapt on the run. Corbett was the steel. To still get value in cap space for peters was phenomenal.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Here we go again !! Arizona just came off a big win against Seattle !! Kenyan Drake went off for 166 yards & 2 TD’s .

The Rams have shown they can compete with The best teams of the division & NFC ,but what happens if they loss 3 straight ???
Arizona is playing 2 road division games so The Rams have an advantage as well as playing on a Saturday.

Will Mcvay play to win at cost, or give young players experience ???

McVays game plan of 2 TE’s will be interesting ??? For some reason , I think
B. Cooks has a big game as well as Goff ??
Gurley seems to always play good against the Cards!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As disappointing as the Niners(Dallas) loss was, The Rams have a solid foundation !!
I really enjoyed watching how they put a nice young offensive line together. As well as seeing the growth of the young DB’s !!

Looking forward The Rams still need DL help !! Brockers & Fowler should add a couple comp picks ?? Plus salary relief !!
I did like how Matthews & Donald put pressure on QB’s on passing downs. Will be interesting to see how Mcvay translates his defense???
It all starts up front & what the base defense will even look like ???! Is Wade sticking around ?? Rumors are he may retire ????

Rumors were he would retire?? Well The Rams just let Wade go !!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just going to continue my views on the offseason. Been HUGE of getting rid of Skip Peete & also time to TRADE TODD GURLEY!!

This is just how I can see things playoff. I do believe Whitworth will comeback for another season !!! He did say like I thought wants to comeback. He will test the open market. There was a story last season about how he felt since join The Rams & his wife reported about it as well. Saying they wanted to stay in Cinncy, Just Didn’t Feel The Love!!! The RAMS LOVE WHITWORTH & IT WILL SHOW !!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just going to add to my thought about The Rams !!
The defense is where The Rams need to lay there helmet on !! Figuring out how to be more aggressive !!! The young DB’s are exciting. Need power & speed upfront. Draft a young MLB !! Let Cory walk !!!

The Offense
to me is in sink !!! 1.Playmaker( RB) stable.
Power TE & let Higbee free. Maybe Everett can do a little HBack ?? Just for some power plays in short yardage !!! -still trade Gurley.

Fowler & Whitworth ??? One more season??

Super Bowl run in new Stadium!!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sort of upset at myself for not posting my beliefs !! I did post this about the special teams for The Rams !!! I do want & think it is a time for a complete overhaul!!!

Jon Fossell yes it is time he goes. In the last game Mcvay was pushed !!! Mcvay is like WTF when Fossell went for it at The Rams own 20 & failed in the 1st qrt up by 7 !!
——Yes - WTF !!!
Johnny Hekker also punted like a 38 yard punt !!! Greg the Leg costing The Rams a chance at the playoffs. Biggest one was at the Seahags !!! Icing is against the 9ers !!!
Add how much does a LS make ?????

Yes - The group has been excellent for 7plus seasons as Rams. LMAO - was actually
the Rams best group - Hekker as the main All Pro. Not good when that is your All Pro!!!

Just looking at special teams against Arizona (why on the roster) Mike Thomas over runs a kickoff right after The Rams scored a TD. Hager & Littleton are gone as well !!!
Les Snead came in as GM and got rid of Brown & Jones. The Rams had a rookie LS in Jake Mcquaide . He drafted a kicker Greg the leg & found a punter UDRFA in Hekker from o. st. ...
It is time for some new blood!!
Out with the Fisher guys !!! The Rams need a fresh start !!! Fossell has a bad year. The Rams special teams went from top to bottom on Stats. Fossell see’s the writing!!

My main point & reasoning is salary cap & just a fresh start. Will see what will happen, but I saw or at least wanted this to go down.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
2019 is almost over & I heard something about how The Rams(teams) could rehab there own players ?

My question on how it works is foggy. There was talk about how Austin Blythe & Whitworth could work with Reggie ??

I’m sure Allen & Noteboom are in there as well,but not sure about Havenstien because he is doing the RICE rehab ??

Looking above just shows 2019 offensive struggles & what happened to the core up front. It also makes me wonder will look like in 2020 ??

What it also shows me that Kromer did a good job with the Offensive Line last season going through injuries.

Now looking at 2020 Evans,Edwards, & Corbett,Brewer get to go through there first full offseason as RAMS !!
Ages 22,22,24 & 22 respectively just shows the new core & future upfront.

As FRee Agency & the draft play out will be telling. I do see growth & ascending future moving forward with this group.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kevin O’Connell New OC ??
added without subtraction
(Zak Robinson cheaters)

4th OC in 4 seasons
Last season caught Mcvay off guard because who would have thought Zac Taylor becoming a HC ?? Olsen going to the Raiders was a big deal as well for an OC job with Gruden.

I think this is an excellent hire.Mcvay has respect & trust in him through relationships of the past.It also allows the other coaches to stay really involved in the offense as well.Look at Waldron,Kromer, &
now Wes Phillips being core Mcvay guys who he trust & respects in the Knowledge.

This is a good thing because now Sean Mcvay get to become The Rams HC in full for the first time.

—When Mcvay was hired it was because of Wade & his experience. Sean has always had an excellent mind for football. Now he Is more well rounded as a HC.

-John fossil was The Rams HC before Mcvay became HC. The hiring of John Bonamego just clears the slate clean of this being his own staff. -minus Skip Pete as well.
(I dig Andy Dickerson’s growth as a coach & as a person, give him a A’ Plus for being a main stay)

— Brandon Staley , brings an offensive side to defense. Mcvay gets to tire into the defense more which will help him become a better HC.
-Joe Barry stays on & maybe got a pay raise ?? He does become assistant HC.
-Chris Shula - McVays coaching tree. Comes from an excellent family of football.Does it go back to TBay? — Shula was a big influence for Staley being The Rams DC from there time at John Carroll.

We can talk about the other coaches as well & new hires. I just like the growth & the foundation here.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Aubrey Pleasant to me gets 2019 defensive coach of the year for The Rams.

Pleasant comes from a defensive background,but has a offensive minded side. He is always talking to his players & letting them know what’s going on.Knowing the different sets & what to look out for. Changing defensive schemes on the fly.

I’m always impressed with how tight he is with his group.Running with Talib & Peters after practice. Gets into the
Music & the vibe for upbeat practices.

Darious Williams has excellent ball skills & against the 9ers looked special.
Troy Hill has improved into a plus CB
NR Coleman is underrated,but can switch well.What an upgrade from Joyner.
RAMsey & D.Long get there first OTA with Pleasant which should make the CB position an upgrade with depth.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Looking back before moving forward.I really enjoyed watching The Rams play the 9ers.
My take from that game was how close The Rams were to making a run.Thought it was cool to see the love the D”Line showed for each other.Donald,Brockers,Fowler,& Clay were tight. It was a 3rd & 16 when RAMsey & Trap got caught being stupid. Why they were playing so tight in the situation was boneheaded!!!

I guess the best I can say is I have to wait & see what happens with Fowler first ? He will be the big domino. If he stays then RAMsey should be close to follow.

Littleton is one that still is upsetting that after the SuperBowl it took The Rams front office to resign him even as a RFA. Now his cost to keep him is huge. Then again a Comp pick shows how awesome he has been as a UDFA .

Gurley as much as I say trade was coming on strong & The Rams staff made the right call imo. With his contract he doesn’t need to take extra pounding & ready to make a run. An example is Henry from Tenn.

Whitworth has been a key to The Rams success & having him back to open up 2020
still brings me back to Jackie Slaters greatnesses in longevity.I believe he is still a solid influence in the locker room & The Rams O”Line has a sort of Kangaroo Court with Jared Goff having a big say.

Kevin O’Connell should be the OC for awhile now. Crazy to think Jared Goff has had a new OC every season he has been a Ram. Reminds me of Sam Bradford days.

Brandon Staley gets to put his system in. This to me is going to be interesting on how the defensive core is going to be put together???

There is a lot of interesting ways The Rams can go with who comes back & who goes.

I’m thinking in this draft The Rams will look to do more of what they did McSneads first season together.
—Trade back & pick up a DL(LBer) w/ a wr/rb The Rams went with Everett & traded back to an unknown S from BC, instead of drafting the OL guy everyone wanted that the Chargers got.

Still to far away,but that is the way I see the depth of this draft along with need.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As an SC fan I’m glad The Rams signed Clay Matthews. Talk about a excellent signing & most Ram fans after the season wanted to cut him & Weddle. I guess I don’t see things the same way as most.
The reason I’m posting this is The Rams have a choice in FA market. I think they bring back 3 of there own. Whitworth,Blythe,& Brokers.
Last season everyone wanted to save money & cut Brokers. Just like The Leadership & the love .