Rams Fun fact of the day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
per turf show times, the Rams had the number one offense and the number five defense in first quarters throughout the season. Wow.
Doesn't surprise me at all. We got off to some hot starts and fizzled out as the games went on. We had to of had some of the worst 3rd qtrs. Awful.

jjab360

Legend
Rams 1Q was impressive and 3Q was atrocious.
Hard to explain
I don't know the stats but maybe we received the ball in the 1st quarter more than most and therefore kicked it away in the 3rd a lot?

That's an extra possession and a lack of a possession right there, that would at least explain part of it.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
All that has to be fixed along with getting off to a strong start to the season.Every year it seems that we don't get going til the 5 or 6th game and by then were playing catch-up.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I don't know the stats but maybe we received the ball in the 1st quarter more than most and therefore kicked it away in the 3rd a lot?

That's an extra possession and a lack of a possession right there, that would at least explain part of it.
Come on. No excuses are necessary. They played like total shit in the third quarter. It hasn't even been a year.

If this team was able to start the season strong and play all four quarters, there is nobody they can't beat. Unfortunately they fell out of the gate and finished all of about 3 games last season.

bskrilla

Starter

Going purely off memory I think the opposite was true. We seemed to defer whenever we won the toss.

jjab360

Legend
Come on. No excuses are necessary. They played like total crap in the third quarter. It hasn't even been a year.

If this team was able to start the season strong and play all four quarters, there is nobody they can't beat. Unfortunately they fell out of the gate and finished all of about 3 games last season.
I don't see how that would be an excuse, if you're talking about bulk statistics that would absolutely be a factor that comes into play.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron

Our game just fell apart, the possession really doesn't mean anything when your offense stales to a halt and your defense is gassed trying to keep from getting demolished.

I imagine if you looked at the T.o.P skew in the 3rd period it's horrendous. Our offense simply fell apart when it hit the 3rd period. The other teams made the adjustments, ours did not. Our offense moreso than any other facet of our team.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
per turf show times, the Rams had the number one offense and the number five defense in first quarters throughout the season. Wow.
I love this^, BUT as we all know the Game is 4 quarters Long! It's a good start!

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I remember the beginning part of last season the offense was putting up more points than anyone expected considering they were starting backup qbs. As the defense started getting better during the season the offense got worse. Both units never played at a high level at the same time for a prolonged period. That and injuries and you have another team below .500. The offense scored less than 20 points in half their games last year. Have to score more to make the playoffs.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
The split is pretty amazing...Second half almost the opposite story of the first.

First half is among the top of the league (especially if you look at only qtr 1)

2014 First quarter points scored: 5.9 <---- rank 4
2014 First quarter points allowed: 2.6 <---- rank 1

2014 First half points scored: 12.1
2014 First half points allowed: 8.4

The second half is close to worst in the league on both sides of the ball (especially in qtr 3)

2014 Third quarter points scored: 3 <--- rank 30
2014 Third quarter points allowed: 6.6 <--- rank 30

2014 Second half points scored: 8.2
2014 Second half points allowed: 13.7

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opp-3rd-quarter-points-per-game

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I always thought it was because I turned on the game. That is when they start laying eggs.