Rams Fun fact of the day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
per turf show times, the Rams had the number one offense and the number five defense in first quarters throughout the season. Wow.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
This is what I get for Q by Q scoring, note this excludes points scored/allowed of turnovers (and I believe punt returns) but not points allowed off kickoff returns.

Q1:
Q1.png

Q1 D.png

Q2
Q2.png

Q2 D.png

Q3
Q3.png

Q3 D.png

Q4
Q4.png

Q4 D.png

Total
Total.png

Total D.png

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is what I get for Q by Q scoring, note this excludes points scored/allowed of turnovers (and I believe punt returns) but not points allowed off kickoff returns.

Q1:
View attachment 9344
View attachment 9343

Q2
View attachment 9346
View attachment 9345

Q3
View attachment 9348
View attachment 9347

Q4
View attachment 9349
View attachment 9350

Total
View attachment 9352
View attachment 9351
So maybe schotty really was the problem. Trying to play conservative after great starts

Alan

Legend
Ram_Rally noticing the trend:
Makes sense when I think about it. Rams were up big on the Cowboys Seahawks and niners just to name a few
Well, it's been posited by many here that Schotty was great at scripting the first series of plays but was unable to adapt to game conditions . While we don't know for sure that that supposition is true, that would explain why we looked so good early and sucked later in many of our games. I don't think going conservative was the problem. Let's hope Cig is better.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
If the Rams could have convinced Goodell to allow them to go from the first half straight to the 4th Q they would have had a 9-6-1 record last year. Even more proof of a league wide conspiracy against the Rams.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This jives with what I remember as well. Rams always start hot and then go into limp mode.....

Alan

Legend
Faceplant noting the human condition:
This jives with what I remember as well. Rams always start hot and then go into limp mode.....
Happens to everyone Faceplant. :LOL:

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Schottenheimer was very good at scripting plays before games. He was not good at making adjustments during the game though.

The defense always came out strong. It was just the stupid mistakes that ended up killing them.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, it's been posited by many here that Schotty was great at scripting the first series of plays but was unable to adapt to game conditions . While we don't know for sure that that supposition is true, that would explain why we looked so good early and sucked later in many of our games. I don't think going conservative was the problem. Let's hope Cig is better.
One thing is for sure, cigs looks a lot more agressive and creative

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Faceplant noting the human condition:
Happens to everyone Faceplant. :LOL:
lmao I guess they had a little too much to drink

nighttrain

Legend
Quick point of order: the Rams were arguably the best team in the NFL early on in games in 2014. No defense surrendered less points in the 1st quarter and the offense finished fifth in scoring.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/8...preseason-st-louis-rams-oakland-raiders-recap

I have the offense and defense backwards. But still that's very impressive
Damn good with what we had at QB last season, can barely believe it's true
train
ps I suffered watching Shannon and Davis at QB

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn good with what we had at QB last season, can barely believe it's true
train
ps I suffered watching Shannon and Davis at QB
Maybe foles Cab captialize on it