Rams First Round Pick Survivor....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams 2024 1st Round Pick

• Total voters

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think they win 7 or 8 games. Maybe pick somewhere between 13-18. By then any top QB's are gone. Any immediate impact player might be gone too. My guess is after the season Snead looks to trade the pick for a proven vet.

nighttrain

Legend
Herbert=Stafford

I think Herbert would be to McVay's liking
It's about now for Sean McVay
train

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I think he will package it with the 2025 and 2026 1st rounders to move up to #1 pick and take the kid from USC Caleb Williams.
If Williams is as good as advertised whoever is in pick #1 will not trade the pick.

Tano

Legend
If Williams is as good as advertised whoever is in pick #1 will not trade the pick.
That is most likely true unless a team with a top notch QB somehow falls to number 1 due to injuries

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
That is most likely true unless a team with a top notch QB somehow falls to number 1 due to injuries
In that scenario, unless it's mahomes or burrow, you trade the incumbent.

oldnotdead

Legend
The problem with rookies is that they have proven nothing. It takes a couple of years to know what you have in them. Trading for a vet means you know what you are getting and what you aren't, i.e. either they fit the offense or they don't. Take someone like Penix and the Rams have a whole year to coach him up. That said, Penix is very close to a first year starter type of rookie.

I would like them to draft a QB and have him at an affordable price for 5 years, but that means a learning curve and all the issues that come with developing a young QB. As we have seen McVay isn't the most patient coach when it comes to developing players. When it comes to QBs they are either his guys or they aren't. If they draft a QB it's not going to be a developmental type of guy IMO and the vast majority fall into that category.

Regardless, next year's draft looks to be a very interesting one.