Rams/Eagles trade update, Eagles unlikely to get compensation from trade.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Due to Bradford's injury history here, I think you guys are forgetting that the underlying truth of the Bradford for Foles deal. The Deal was really Clemmons, Davis, and Hill for Foles...Yes, Bradford has lasted longer than I thought that he would this year..and there is no guarantee that he would have lasted as long with us as with he has for the Iggles. After the last season ending injury for Bradford (and really the end of the Rams chances at the post season in 2014), I was over hoping about Bradford. I don't really care how well Sam does (aside from being happy for him if he does well over in Philly), because I don't have that gut wrenching feeling with everey hit on Foles, as I did for Bradford the last few years.

rick6fan

UDFA
Who, btw, has been playing for 14 freaking years, under arguably the best cheater the NFL has ever seen.

Foles, otoh, doesn't have 3 full years yet.

Fixed. It is a whole lot easier when you don't have to access the situation in the moment. Freakin Cassell won with the Cheaters...enough said.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
There is no way the Rams were going to resign Bradford after this season. He didn't want a pay cut, and if you read into the eye rolls, it is clear that he doesn't see himself as the problem. So in his mind he deserves the going rate.

So, if the Rams were never going to resign him after this season, trading him for a second was a good choice as long as they had comparable QB or better to lead the team. Foles and a second round pick was a great trade for a guy that the Rams were going to let walk.

Now, wouldn't it be great if the Rams used that Eagles second round pick on a QB and he turned out to be great? Eagles fans would be steaming over that one for the next thirty years.

Or even better foles starts to light it up and we get bpa with that pick

RamBill

Legend
Rams can gain by Sam Bradford playing Sunday
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/23270/rams-can-gain-by-sam-bradford-playing-sunday

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- In the immediate aftermath of the trade that saw the St. Louis Rams send quarterback Sam Bradford to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for quarterback Nick Foles and draft compensation, there was a lot of confusion about how the draft pick part of the deal worked.

Well, now that we are more than halfway into the season, it's never been clearer. The Rams were always going to get Philadelphia's second-round pick in 2016 as part of the deal. The only question was which pick, if any, the Eagles would get from the Rams.

As Adam Schefter explains in this week's pick-6 column with Chris Mortensen, we are moving very close to the point where the Rams will not need to send any draft picks to the Eagles.

The condition is that if Bradford played more than 50 percent of his team's snaps this year, the Rams would owe Philadelphia nothing. If he played less than 50 percent, the Rams would owe a fourth-round choice and if he didn't play at all, it would be a third-round pick.

Bradford has played every snap for the Eagles so far this season and Sunday's game puts Philadelphia at the eight-game mark. It wouldn't guarantee that Bradford will play more than 50 percent but it will be awfully close. One more game the following week would likely seal the deal.

Which means we'll know soon enough the final terms of that March mega-trade.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Thursday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... We started the day with a look at who running back Todd Gurley is outside of football. ... The Ram-blings examined the Rams' schedule over the season's second half. ... Linebacker James Laurinaitis is looking forward to his Minnesota homecoming. ... Gurley's jersey and cleats from last week are now in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. ... Gurley's Jolly Rancher candy commercial made its debut. ... We closed the day with a look at the Rams' hypothetical Thursday injury report.

Elsewhere:

Gurley joined Mike & Mike to talk his early run of success.

The NFL plans to audit teams' marketing contracts on patriotic tributes.

At 101sports.com, a rock star offers a different perspective on the Rams and relocation.

The Stats Doctor looked at the formula for the Rams to win.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas writes that the Rams are looking to erase the memory of last year's season opening loss to the Vikings.

Ben Frederickson writes that Tavon Austin is putting the talk of his being a "bust" to rest.

In addition to Gurley, themmqb.com's Andy Benoit throws some love to linebacker Mark Barron as well.