Rams-Eagles Game report from the Coliseum (long)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agreed. I was sickened by the volume of cheering after an Eagles score.

Ya, this is a touchy subject, but I want to say a few comments:

--Last home game I attended was in 2016, and I noticed a HUGE difference between then and now. One of my first thoughts upon entering the stadium was, "the Rams are back and they're here to stay." LA has officially embraced the Rams.

--Rams fans were MUCH louder as compared to a couple years ago.

--Given that football has been absent from LA for 20 years, Rams might continue to have trouble with opposing fans during the regular season. HOWEVER, come the playoffs, I think the Rams will have a more noticeable home-field advantage. Rams fans will have had around SIX WEEKS to gobble up tickets, while the opposing team's fans(as yet undetermined) will only have a "handful" (McBae saying) of days to make travel arrangements. I expect the Rams crowd at our first playoff game to be impressive, even better than the ATL game last year.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
It's always infuriates me when the Rams can't get home field advantages when playing in LA. I don't know of another team in the NFL that suffers from this misfortune.
This is something that will change with time. You have to almost think of the Rams as a 3rd year expansion team. I personally don't let it bug me. Funny thing is my friend in Dallas says this is an issue at Jurrahs place and has been awhile. Rams fans need to pony up and go it is an easy math problem the more Ram fans at the stadium the less noise from opposing fans.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
The ratio of population to available stadium seating is much higher than most locales. Add to that the fact much of that large population is transient. So, when each team's fans see their team visiting on the calendar, there's a larger ratio of them than in most cities to fill a standard-capacity stadium.

Not much we can do about that, but hopefully the Rams increasing popularity will gradually squeeze out a lot of non-Rams fans.