Rams cut Troy Hill

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
....and resigned to the practice squad today.

Demoted.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
At least they brought him back...How can some guys get cut for DUI's...and some get benched?

Ram65

Legend
He is too good to give up on. Smart move. Now, Troy has to smarten up and control the drinking. At the very least never drive after drinking alcohol.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I would think this hits him quite a bit in his pocket book too because he's now getting paid less being a practice squad player. Also, how does the league handle this once he goes through the judicial process? Can they suspend a practice player even though he's not on the active roster? However this plays out, it's been a tough lesson learned, and hopefully he realizes what he has to lose if he messes up again.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Refresh my memory on the number of picks we have if you will kind sir.
I do believe we will have all but the first rounder, provided we get a third round compensatory pick for Jennings.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I do believe we will have all but the first rounder, provided we get a third round compensatory pick for Jennings.

With us slated to get a 3rd and 4th Comp pick we'll be just fine and have the regular number of 7 picks.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This should help Dag since you still may be having problems after that Nuclear Hot salsa you made & consumed last week.
http://overthecap.com/2017-compensatory-draft-picks-update-5102016/

Not sure if the two very late 3rd & 4th round awarded selections are set fully in concrete for Jenkins & McLeod but for sure the Rams did trade our first & third 2017 round selections. Meaning we will not be involved in the first day of the draft. Our second day we are slated to have Two selections. The awarded Jenkins pick will be a very late 3rd rounder. Looks like the Rams will be back to normal the final day of the draft with two 4th rounder's to start off.

For me the fact that UFA CB Trumaine Johnson will be a major cost & hit to our salary cap that will certainly cause Demoff some desires to unload some non producing high cost Rams in order to secure Trumaine. It will be close to a 4 yrs, $57million deal like 14.2 million a year. Some veteran Rams will have to depart like Chris Long & JL did last yr. But the Rams can not afford to loose Johnson especially with EJ Gaines being a shell of his former rookie self. Another matter ongoing in the Rams DB will be UFA TJ McDonald who is sure to command some major attention too. McDonald is a better SS than who market value is aid to be in the area of 30 million contract for 5 yrs in the 6 mil range.

Teams have constantly picked on our other starting corner EJ Gaines & left Johnson alone most of the time. Hill who is off the roster did a better job on covering the outside faster wide outs than EJ has. Hill's 2017 status is a very BIG IF. He will have pending suspension & will be on his last leg in the NFL after having burnt through all kinds of chances with the Rams, Patriots & Bengals all within one yrs time, plus with the very big negative issues Hill had in college .

IMO EJ Gaines has lost for good much of his long range outside speed due to the 2015 pre season injury. EJ is still is a decent Nickle though. He is a better Nickle than Joyner in coverage. But the Rams do not need a Nickle in 2017 they need outside corners:whistle:.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
This should help Dag since you still may be having problems after that Nuclear Hot salsa you made & consumed last week.
http://overthecap.com/2017-compensatory-draft-picks-update-5102016/.

IMO EJ Gaines has lost for good much of his long range outside speed due to the 2015 pre season injury. EJ is still is a decent Nickle though. He is a better Nickle than Joyner in coverage. But the Rams do not need a Nickle in 2017 they need outside corners:whistle:.

I disagree EJ is on pace to have the same numbers he had his rookie season.

He had 15 Passdef his rookie year
He has 7 this year.

Only thing hes lacking is the 2 INT's and the season isn't over.
I think the Defense is going to get better and better every week. It's what a good defense does. However, if we keep on losing games Fisher might lose this team and that could spell disaster. I guess we'll see going forward.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I disagree EJ is on pace to have the same numbers he had his rookie season.

He had 15 Passdef his rookie year
He has 7 this year.

Only thing hes lacking is the 2 INT's and the season isn't over.
I think the Defense is going to get better and better every week. It's what a good defense does. However, if we keep on losing games Fisher might lose this team and that could spell disaster. I guess we'll see going forward.
Yes we do have a deference of opinion's here on EJ. I thought EJ was our best overall corner during the 2014 season when the Rams had both Jenkins & Johnson available. If you would have joined us in our great Chat Room you would had suffered some pain as I did as we pointed out the opportunities that EJ had to prove he is a good starting corner late into the game.

Sad thing was EJ provided our opponent's offense with many crucial completions in the 4th corner to come back & cease the win away from the Rams. At one point it was three straight completions 2 for very easy first downs. I am not a stat's man as many here but more of believing what I can see from my view. His play last week was Not Good lets hope he can get his skills together in the next 6 games because we need him solid now without Troy Hill to help him out.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was never the firm believer that we was set on the corner back position like a lot of people were. I thought it was a big mistake letting Jenkins go. I feel like they could have signed Johnson long term because of his injury history and franchised Jenkins. Thats done though now. I never like Roberson and I wasnt sold on EJ even when he was healthy. So its no surprise to me that Corner should be a primary focuse outside of a good guard and center.