Rams cut Troy Hill

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/22/rams-cut-troy-hill-three-days-after-dui-arrest/

Rams cut Troy Hill three days after DUI arrest
Posted by Zac Jackson on November 22, 2016

613633588-e1476330710895.jpg
Getty Images

The Rams waived cornerback Troy Hill on Tuesday, three days after Hill was arrested for suspicion of DUI.

The Rams made Hill inactive for last Sunday’s game vs. the Dolphins. Hill had previously appeared in all nine regular-season games, starting four.

Undrafted in 2015, Hill spent time with the Bengals and Patriots before landing with the Rams. He played in three games for the Bengals last year.

The Rams also waived cornerback Dwayne Gratz and placed linebacker Josh Forrest on their injured-reserve list. Gratz had played in three games for the Rams after being cut by the Jaguars.

Cornerback Mike Jordan and linebacker Nic Grigsby were promoted to the active roster from the practice squad. Both are rookies.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
If I'm not mistaken, that means we have an open spot on the team? Subtract Forrest, Hill and Gratz. Add Jordan and Grisby.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Yeah, not a smart move by the kid. He sure gave Fish a great option to direct attention away from his piss poor coaching though!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I has a feeling this was coming when Fisher commented, during his post-game press conference, this issue would be addressed on Monday. Just the terseness in his voice gave me the impression Hill was going to get released. Hope the kid realizes what he's done and will learn from it. He could be a decent roll player for someone down the road.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/22/rams-cut-troy-hill-three-days-after-dui-arrest/

Rams cut Troy Hill three days after DUI arrest
Posted by Zac Jackson on November 22, 2016

Getty Images

The Rams waived cornerback Troy Hill on Tuesday, three days after Hill was arrested for suspicion of DUI.

The Rams made Hill inactive for last Sunday’s game vs. the Dolphins. Hill had previously appeared in all nine regular-season games, starting four.

Undrafted in 2015, Hill spent time with the Bengals and Patriots before landing with the Rams. He played in three games for the Bengals last year.

The Rams also waived cornerback Dwayne Gratz and placed linebacker Josh Forrest on their injured-reserve list. Gratz had played in three games for the Rams after being cut by the Jaguars.

Cornerback Mike Jordan and linebacker Nic Grigsby were promoted to the active roster from the practice squad. Both are rookies.
No surprise here, the way Fisher sounded, in his poet game Presser, I saw this coming!!

…..

Legend
I'm a little suprised. Hill brought some great tackling ability to cover for his smaller size, and inabity to win battles for the ball.

It tells me the nature of the infraction really showed exceedingly poor judment and character.

Business is business. We move on.

/Troy Hill

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, why cut him to begin with. Seems like Jeff's anger caused him to overreact. Maybe coach is a bit tense due to the realization that he might be losing the best gig he has ever had.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This season is so depressing, it has driven the Rams players to drink....

1328554698663.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Since this happened at 8am on Saturday... Wouldn't that mean he was on his way to practice/work?

I'm sure the Rams have some kind of team activity on the morning before games. I can't imagine that they just have the day off on the day before a game.

Nothing says commitment like showing up to work fucked up as Chinese money. But hey,,, maybe they didn't have to show up for work until around lunch time... at that point he'd just be fucked up and hung over. :palm: