Rams Currently Have 9 Picks...how Many More Can We Get?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
We've got a pick from Indy in the 7th round. We haven't been awarded any compensatory picks yet.
Yep your correct we should get a 7th for St. Louis from Indianapolis - CB Josh Gordy trade. The (comp) entry is wrong I corrected that.

Did we ever get that an undisclosed late-round pick from New England for - WR Greg Salas ??

ramfidelis

UDFA
The number of picks you have is only part of the equation for improving the team. It's the quality of the players selected with the picks you have. We need "blue chippers" and it takes a lot more work to get those in lower rounds. That's in part why I don't like trading down.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep your correct we should get a 7th for St. Louis from Indianapolis - CB Josh Gordy trade. The (comp) entry is wrong I corrected that.

Did we ever get that an undisclosed late-round pick from New England for - WR Greg Salas ??
We traded it last year to move up for Zac Stacy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The number of picks you have is only part of the equation for improving the team. It's the quality of the players selected with the picks you have. We need "blue chippers" and it takes a lot more work to get those in lower rounds. That's in part why I don't like trading down.

Snead does have a resume in this area with these lower third day selections with Richardson RB -7th, Zuerlein K-6th, Zac Stacy Rb-5th, Brandon McGee CB-5th, Givens WR-4th & Barrett Jones OL-4th. all those landed here with a trio of Snead trade-downs.

One could say the more selection adds to your chances of hitting on a few more of them. But your right we need Blue Chippers in several of the Rams units/cadres i.e. OL & DB's. I would hope to sacrifice some of the number of bottom/lower 3rd day picks to gain an extra pick on day two.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I'll be honest... I'm with you. I like the extra picks when trading down... But the hit rate is much higher the higher you select.

I'm okay with small trade downs, but let's get premium talent.

tonyl711

Starter
as long as you don't trade too far down with that #2 pick (no farther than 8 or 9) you will still be getting a blue chip player plus a high second rounder for it, IMO that is worth it. it all depends on who Snead and Fisher want and where they think that player will be drafted at. I would love to trade both first rounders and have 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders, a third rounder and 2 fourth rounders this year plus 2 firsts for next year, with all that you should come up with 3 or 4 starters plus some quality depth.