Rams Currently Have 9 Picks...how Many More Can We Get?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
According to JT the Rams think they will get 1 or 2 more compensatory picks (6th-7th rounds)...and with the ability to trade out of the No.2 overall it has my juices flowing...the Rams could end up with 12-14 picks.

It'd be nice to package those 7th rounders to move up (though I believe you can't trade compensatory picks).

Thoughts?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
You're right, the comp picks can't be traded, but I'd also like to see us trade our 5, 6 and 7 for another 4. I know Snead/Fish have done well in the later rounds but do we really need an additional 14 players? It would seem, that as the talent increases, it would be harder and harder for those late round picks to make the 53 man roster anyway.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're right, the comp picks can't be traded, but I'd also like to see us trade our 5, 6 and 7 for another 4. I know Snead/Fish have done well in the later rounds but do we really need an additional 14 players? It would seem, that as the talent increases, it would be harder and harder for those late round picks to make the 53 man roster anyway.
Agreed.

One thing is certain...the draft has increasingly become more fun for Rams fans as it isn't all about the top 3 pick we're getting...and it's amazing that we still have that top 3 pick and we didn't have to completely suck this year to get it!

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Agreed.

One thing is certain...the draft has increasingly become more fun for Rams fans as it isn't all about the top 3 pick we're getting...and it's amazing that we still have that top 3 pick and we didn't have to completely suck this year to get it!
Be even more amazing if we can trade out of #2 and get an additional 1st in 2015! :juiced:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This draft is full & very deep of good players however not many outstanding ones. I hoping that the Snead can target a few of the top 10 & a few of the top 25 and then use the trade-downs to acquire some power to move around when needed to get the right player. If Snead can not get what he wants for the #2 pick then get the best player and then try to trade down with the other first rounder like he did with Atlanta last yr where Snead got OLB Ogletree @ 1st/#30 & a 3rd that got us WR Bailey.

Damn 9ers have 11 draft picks in the upcoming draft. Five selections of which are in the first two days.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
This draft is full & very deep of good players however not many outstanding ones. I hoping that the Snead can target a few of the top 10 & a few of the top 25 and then use the trade-downs to acquire some power to move around when needed to get the right player. If Snead can not get what he wants for the #2 pick then get the best player and then try to trade down with the other first rounder like he did with Atlanta last yr where Snead got OLB Ogletree @ 1st/#30 & a 3rd that got us WR Bailey.

[hl]Damn 9ers have 11 draft picks in the upcoming draft. Five selections of which are in the first two days.[/hl]

Good...maybe they will get themselves a few more AJ Jenkins with those 5 picks!

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I would to get an additional 1st round pick but hope we can find a starting OLineman with that pick.

GO RAMS
But suppose we are able to trade with MINN at #8. In my (dream) world that gets us the #8 and their pick in round 2 (40?) as well as their 1st in 2015. We then take either G. Robinson or J. Matthews at #8. I think one or the other will still be there.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
12 picks is probably what the Rams will end up with. Trading up with the 5th, 6th, and 7ths bottom picks endiing up with about 6 new studs, 3 practice squaders, and a couple of high quality camp bodies. Things have changed in the LOU!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Why does it seem like the fucking whiners ALWAYS have a ton of picks???!!!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Why does it seem like the freaking whiners ALWAYS have a ton of picks???!!!
Does seem that way every year...in looking for any positive here ...a small silver lining in this dark cloud is the 9ers like the Seahawks have worked themselves into drafting in the very bottom of each round (29-32 slots). Not much but it is something. Sorry I have no better news on this.

Correction here the 49ers have the most draft selections in this yrs draft- 12 picks not 11 as my post states above....:oops:my wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Because they are a well run organization. It seems they are on their way to doing things the same way that the Patriots have done.

This is why I totally am buying into the Fisher/Snead regime. They are really emulating this mold. I don't expect the NFC West to be an easy place to play for a while.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Just being smart (bleh). They traded their 2nd and 4th in 2009 for the Panthers' 2010 first round pick. Then started doing what the Rams do with multiple picks. Turn them into even more. Plus the Alex Smith trade (since KC finished above .500) got them an extra second rounder.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I don't know how many more we want this year and would as soon we trade down with an eye to move some into next year expecting we have fewer holes to fill than since these guys got here and banking tha mmunition to move up for that plumb athlete who can be the cherry on top.
We started this journey trading down to get numbers,I think we've passed the extreme need for numbers and really are in the market for quality and for that reason I hope we don't trade down too far unless it's cap strategy.

tonyl711

Starter
if the Rams trade with the Vikings and get their first and second plus their first next year as another poster said, we would also have 5 picks in the first 2 days, except our picks will be at the start and middle of each round, the 9ers picks would all be later in the rounds. also if we package that 5th, 6th and 7th for a fourth. that would give us 7 picks in the first 4 rounds, 4 in the top 45, that should add up to at least 2 or 3 starters and some quality depth.
I wouldn't be surprised if Snead traded out of 13 to get an extra second either, draft days are never dull since Snead and Fisher took over.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
if the Rams trade with the Vikings and get their first and second plus their first next year as another poster said, we would also have 5 picks in the first 2 days, except our picks will be at the start and middle of each round, the 9ers picks would all be later in the rounds. also if we package that 5th, 6th and 7th for a fourth. that would give us 7 picks in the first 4 rounds, 4 in the top 45, that should add up to at least 2 or 3 starters and some quality depth.
I wouldn't be surprised if Snead traded out of 13 to get an extra second either, draft days are never dull since Snead and Fisher took over.
Playing off of that, with 4 picks in the top 45 who do you take?

tonyl711

Starter
I cant give you names like a lot of posters on here, I don't watch as much college football as most must watch on here. but by position I would add a Safety, a CB, an OT and a WR with the first 4 picks, then in rounds 3 and 4 I would look at OG, QB, and RB. depending on who is available when our picks come up of course. im sure someone will give you a list who can put names in there, I want to see suggestions too.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
According to JT the Rams think they will get 1 or 2 more compensatory picks (6th-7th rounds)...and with the ability to trade out of the No.2 overall it has my juices flowing...the Rams could end up with 12-14 picks. It'd be nice to package those 7th rounders to move up (though I believe you can't trade compensatory picks).

Thoughts?

Here's what I have worked up as the Rams 2014 draft bottom line we get four stabs in the top 75 picks.

May 8th, 2014 First Day
1-1st/#2
2-1st/#13

May 9th, 2014 Second Day
3-2nd/#44
4-3rd/#74

May 10th, 2014 3rd day
5-4th/#103
6-5th/#135
7-6th/#166
8-7th/#196
9-7th/ Indy pick

Last edited by a moderator:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Here's what I have worked up as the Rams 2014 draft

May 8th, 2014 First Day
1-1st/#2
2-1st/#13

May 9th, 2014 Second Day
3-2nd/#44
4-3rd/#74

May 10th, 2014 3rd day
5-4th/#103
6-5th/#135
7-6th/#166
8-7th/#196
9-7th/Comp

We've got a pick from Indy in the 7th round. We haven't been awarded any compensatory picks yet.