Rams contract restructures + FA/draft targets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it's true Linsley is gonna shake loose and we really do go all in with the restructuring
iu

then I go after him. Leave Corbett and Evans inside and if Edwards is better than Hav, then trade Hav. If not? Keep Hav.

I just know that having a young stud at C makes so many things easier for the entire OL.

Gary Oldman is underrated af, he was so good in The Professional.

Yea I hope we restructure enough to create $25M-30M. I dont know if we'll spend most of our money on a top FA interior olineman. But maybe..there are a few out there. I want to sign at least one WR too and an edge. Then we can use the draft to supplement the roster where we feel we need more help. I wouldn't be surprised if we traded Woods/Kupp and went after Golladay or Fuller either. Cutting or trading Havenstein is an interesting decision too. Depending on which OL we sign in FA and if we think Evans/Noteboom can play RT this season.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
They still have Brady, so I'm thinking Godwin, Barrett, Gronk and Succop. Suh will do the mercenary thing again, Lavante David is gonna want big money as a 32 yo LB, Fournette was like our CJ Anderson and they already have Jones. I brainfarted who Cockrell and Shipley are... wait... AJ Shipley the OL? I dunno, I need to sleep.

But yeah, we'll see. They may have more moves they can make to retain more. I know they want to retain David. I live in Tampa and the FANS sure want that, no question. David is a massive fan favorite here.
Wow, i cant believe David is 32... Seems like he just entered the league a few yrs aho.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wow, i cant believe David is 32... Seems like he just entered the league a few yrs aho.

The only thing I take from that is Morris coached David.I don’t see much money being spent on upgrades.I think The Rams already made there big Splash with Stafford.
I do believe a WR is needed.The Rams need 4 solid WR’s.There are rumors there might be a couple players that would take a team friendly contract.
I still will continue on the Brockers & Havenstien being traded.The DL & OL both have good depth. A De/OLB is also needed.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
See where the Pouncey brothers are retiring.

Rams’ quest for a center upgrade may have gotten more difficult.

The Chargers and Steelers each have two draft choices before the Rams are scheduled to pick.

Pittsburgh does not usually sign veteran free agents to big-$ contracts but the Chargers do; and LAC currently has about $60M more of cap space than the Rams.

I know some posters here would like the Rams to pursue Corey Linsley but the Chargers could be in play now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What does everyone think about Adrian Peterson for our 3rd down back?

I thought about it. He could come cheap but I haven’t really watched him play. I think the Rams could use a pounder like Brown, whom they already have. Put a TE/FB type in front of him and no more 0/4 on goal line stands

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
See where the Pouncey brothers are retiring.

Rams’ quest for a center upgrade may have gotten more difficult.

The Chargers and Steelers each have two draft choices before the Rams are scheduled to pick.

Pittsburgh does not usually sign veteran free agents to big-$ contracts but the Chargers do; and LAC currently has about $60M more of cap space than the Rams.

I know some posters here would like the Rams to pursue Corey Linsley but the Chargers could be in play now.

Good investigative work! I agree. The Rams will either have to pick a center earlier than they have one slotted or sign a FA, not named Blythe.

I would love a Center of the future but that ship has sailed. They should have drafted one two or three seasons ago. How likely is it for a mid round center to be able to adapt to the mental side of the game in one year?

Maybe Linsley would want nothing to do with Spanos. People here assume that the Chargers will be very good with Staley in charge. But what is the viewpoint of people outside the Rams? Staley went from LB coach to head coach in two years. I doubt the rest of the league is thinking it’s a slam dunk that Staley succeeds. And everyone knows Spanos will not change.

The Rams are still a better destination for a veteran player with a yearning to get to the Super Bowl. Linsley added to the Rams has more potential to get there than Linsley added to the Chargers.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Don’t think they over-lapped. Believe Morris was let go before David was drafted.

your totally right.Just missed,but always believed they were together.
Must have been that Rutgers coach.
Bruce Arias is a solid coach. Glad Reed didn’t win it.His son is a joke.

MachS

Hall of Fame

I don't really see the reason we'd do this. AP has never been a natural pass catcher as a back. He can do it, but its not his strong suit. Plus hes old as shit with so much mileage now. I think our backfield is fine tbh with Akers, Hendy, and Jones. If we were going to do anything maybe draft a late round rookie or sign Corderelle Patterson. He transitioned to RB and can be a backup there while also giving us a great returner on ST. Just a thought.. I dont think we'll do much at RB but who knows. Xavier Jones is a pretty good player.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
OL and WR feel like the off-season targets for FA dollars.

Both places need the juice spiked, without development time.

I don’t agree at all. I don’t think you’ve been paying enough attention on McKromer. When have they spent money on the Offensive line? Andrew Whitworth was resigned & Havienstien has a big contract as well.
The Center position they tried to use with Brian Allen.To think they might not be looking within has no Merrit.I’m not saying Brian Allen.Coleman Shelton is another thought.

—Even in the draft The Rams have past on a lot of different Centers.They bring all there lineman back & in fact Chandler Brewer will be in training camp.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

what ?? I think The Rams have some good young RB’s they will look to develop.They don’t just keep players on there roster to cut them the next season. The Rams cut there RB draft from the Vols.
I think Cam Akers is going to want to be the Cowbell in 2021.He will be a 1,000 plus rusher. There was a stat about Stafford only having a RB go over 100yrds in a game 11 times in Detroit. If that’s true you might even see Cam Akers do that in 2021.I believe he had 4 if you count playoffs?
Not a big stat guy,but the Big picture could be frame if True ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I thought about it. He could come cheap but I haven’t really watched him play. I think the Rams could use a pounder like Brown, whom they already have. Put a TE/FB type in front of him and no more 0/4 on goal line stands
Unfortunately Brown is gone. His pass pro is terrible. He sucks in the passing game. He gives us some success rate for short yardage and giving the other guys a rest but he also has a tendency to get hurt. We need a guy behind Akers and Hendy who can be relied upon.

I wouldn't rule out a FB to replace him. If they can find a guy who can block but also give them a boost in short yardage they're in business. And from there if he can catch a pass even better. Then you have flexibility added on top of a more reliable depth option.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Rams are a so-called destination team.

As such, they might win a tiebreaker or 2 in close FA negotiation. Could make a big difference at C or Edge. Fingers crossed.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Peterson is a terrible third down back. His hands are atrocious, and if we're using him for blocking, that's wasting talent.

Aside from that, I don't believe that the Rams should sign a child abuser.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams are a so-called destination team.

As such, they might win a tiebreaker or 2 in close FA negotiation. Could make a big difference at C or Edge. Fingers crossed.
I'm still skeptical about that but I guess we'll see.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Unfortunately Brown is gone. His pass pro is terrible. He sucks in the passing game. He gives us some success rate for short yardage and giving the other guys a rest but he also has a tendency to get hurt. We need a guy behind Akers and Hendy who can be relied upon.

I wouldn't rule out a FB to replace him. If they can find a guy who can block but also give them a boost in short yardage they're in business. And from there if he can catch a pass even better. Then you have flexibility added on top of a more reliable depth option.

I don’t mind him not being signed if McSnead decides. I just don’t think another small back would add much to the team. I thought they would be looking for Brown’s replacement in the UDFA signing period last year.

If they could find a Fullback type that would be a good fit imo.