Rams contract restructures + FA/draft targets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
1612260652219.png

Lets assume we restructure a few contracts and have between $21M-$38M in cash to spend. Who do we resign that's still on the roster? Which FAs from around the league do we target?

---I think Reynolds, Everett, and Floyd are gone 100%. Malcom Brown gone. Troy Hill gone. Austin Blythe seeya later. I think it would be great to resign John Johnson but he'll be pricey and with all our young safeties I don't see it happening tbh. Rapp, Fuller, Burgess, Nick Scott. That brings us to Darius Williams, Ebukam, and Morgan Fox. Would be great to resign Fox, he was fantastic in very limited snaps. Does he get more money elsewhere? Do we bring Ebukam back for cheap? 4.5 sacks and he is only 25. Darius Williams is an interesting one because he's a RFA. First round tender on him I'd guess? What do you guys think? Him and Ramsey seem important to this defense.

---Based on those decisions which FAs from around the league do we target? Center or Guard? Speed WR? OLB?

Also here are our updated draft picks... to be honest I haven't even dug into draft prospects or senior bowl stuff yet, any early thoughts on who we should we target in the draft after FA signings?

Rams updated projected 2021 draft picks
  • 2nd round, 57th overall
  • 3rd round comp (Fowler)
  • 3rd round comp (Holmes)
  • 4th round comp (Littleton)
  • 6th round, 183rd overall
  • 7th round, 215th overall

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
View attachment 43412

Lets assume we restructure a few contracts and have between $21M-$38M in cash to spend. Who do we resign that's still on the roster? Which FAs from around the league do we target?

---I think Reynolds, Everett, and Floyd are gone 100%. Malcom Brown gone. Troy Hill gone. Austin Blythe seeya later. I think it would be great to resign John Johnson but he'll be pricey and with all our young safeties I don't see it happening tbh. Rapp, Fuller, Burgess, Nick Scott. That brings us to Darius Williams, Ebukam, and Morgan Fox. Would be great to resign Fox, he was fantastic in very limited snaps. Does he get more money elsewhere? Do we bring Ebukam back for cheap? 4.5 sacks and he is only 25. Darius Williams is an interesting one because he's a RFA. First round tender on him I'd guess? What do you guys think? Him and Ramsey seem important to this defense.

---Based on those decisions which FAs from around the league do we target? Center or Guard? Speed WR? OLB?

Also here are our updated draft picks... to be honest I haven't even dug into draft prospects or senior bowl stuff yet, any early thoughts on who we should we target in the draft after FA signings?

Rams updated projected 2021 draft picks
  • 2nd round, 57th overall
  • 3rd round comp (Fowler)
  • 3rd round comp (Holmes)
  • 4th round comp (Littleton)
  • 6th round, 183rd overall
  • 7th round, 215th overall
Very interesting. I would like to sign a stud center/interior lineman in FA if one is there (in his prime). If not, use that 2nd round pick on the best one available, assuming there is no freak available that for some reason has fallen in the draft (BPA, any position)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Probably need to budget our money in priority buckets...

And at positions we don’t have time to groom, positions that historically rookie production is weak... or we just can’t gamble getting from draft;

OL
Edge
WR/KR/Deep Threat

Then lay that alongside realistic draft targets.

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very interesting. I would like to sign a stud center/interior lineman in FA if one is there (in his prime). If not, use that 2nd round pick on the best one available, assuming there is no freak available that for some reason has fallen in the draft (BPA, any position)

Yea there are some options in FA for interior OL. Just depends how much we want to spend there. If we restructure enough contracts to get to $38M in cap space that would be amazing.

Guard:

Brandon Scherff
Joe Tuney
Larry Warford
Matt Feiler (T/G)

Center:

Corey Linsley
David Andrews
Austin Reiter
Alex Mack

Probably need to budget our money in priority buckets...

And at positions we don’t have time to groom, positions that historically rookie production is weak... or we just can’t gamble getting from draft;

OL
Edge
WR/KR/Deep Threat

Then lay that alongside realistic draft targets.

Something tells me we're going to spend on OL and edge too that can come in ready to go. But I agree we could use a deep WR/kick returner. Those would be easier to find in the draft I think, but there are some interesting FA WR options. Marvin Jones? Will Fuller for cheap after his suspension? Nelson Agholor?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea there are some options in FA for interior OL. Just depends how much we want to spend there. If we restructure enough contracts to get to $38M in cap space that would be amazing.

Guard:

Brandon Scherff
Joe Tuney
Larry Warford
Matt Feiler (T/G)

Center:

Corey Linsley
David Andrews
Austin Reiter
Alex Mack

Something tells me we're going to spend on OL and edge too that can come in ready to go. But I agree we could use a deep WR/kick returner. Those would be easier to find in the draft I think, but there are some interesting FA WR options. Marvin Jones? Will Fuller for cheap after his suspension? Nelson Agholor?
Yes, we need to give our "new" QB cover to step into the pocket which I think Goff didn't have. Our high rating on the Oline in 2020 is more due to scheme (roll outs for Goff) than a studly interior Oline.

We need a beastly Oline.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Apparently they already told JJ3 that they wouldn't be competing for him a few days ago because he tweeted that "I got fired on my day off"

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Minor edit to Rams picks— not sure if Rams traded their own 3rd, or their comp 3rd for Holmes. I’ve seen conflicting reports...

We gotta keep Darious Williams! He is for sure one of my favorite players. LOVE the way he plays. And comes up big-time in the clutch, like the pick-6 vs Seattle...

MachS

Hall of Fame
Apparently they already told JJ3 that they wouldn't be competing for him a few days ago because he tweeted that "I got fired on my day off"

Okay damn didnt see that. Well figured as much after last years draft and the play of Fuller. Sad to see him go, he's one of the better safeties in the league but after the year he had he priced himself out of LA. Guess we'll roll with the young guns at S.

That means more money for interior OL, and OLB I assume. We've been hitting home runs the last few offseasons with 1 year OLB deals and they've paid off. Theres a very nice list of edge rushers again this year. But I wonder how much we will spend on a Center or Guard. There are some studs available, and maybe we spend to lock up a good one if we can get to $38M in cap space.

WR I'm torn on. I like Marvin Jones A LOT. But he is pretty similar to Woods, Kupp, and VJ. He's not a true burner but he can be effective deep and has great chemistry with Stafford. But I think McVay can draft WRs pretty well so I think regardless we sign a true burner in round 3 or 4. Nelson Agholar is a nice deep threat, will be pretty cheap, and went to USC. I'm sure our scouts are pretty familiar with him. Plus he was a Raider last year so Gruden can give McVay some inside info on him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

It must be a weird feeling... from a pure team standpoint, they want to stay together. Rams want JJ, he wants to stay here.

But financially, they must part ways.

For JJ, it probably lacks the “looking forward to fresh start” feel.

MachS

Hall of Fame
It must be a weird feeling... from a pure team standpoint, they want to stay together. Rams want JJ, he wants to stay here.

Maybe JJ goes to the Chargers. Reunites with Staley and plays next to Derwin James. That would be the best safety tandem in the NFL. But yea he will def get his money this offseason.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I just hope that Snead was the primary reason that we have been drafting/acquiring great DB talent. We lost a lot of people who may have been critical in finding those gems, because I don't remember Snead finding that many great ones under Fisher. But, Fisher also had his hand in the cookie jar there, so hard to tell...

MachS

Hall of Fame
@XXXIVwin I agree we need to try and keep him. Pretty sure we'll use a first round tender on him. Then if some team offers him a big contract and we choose not to match, we get a 1st round pick from them. Anyone know if that tender pick would be in this years draft or next years??

Saw that today he signed with Klutch Sports which is Rich Paul and LeBron's company.

View: https://twitter.com/KlutchSports/status/1356320398841761792?s=20

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know that I didn't want/think Goff would be traded, let alone for Matty Stones (His nickname is SO fetch!). I am so thankful that I don't give a sh*t about the Super Bowl right now, thinking of the future. Now I will feel different if it all goes south next year, but right now...Anything seems possible next year, including a Super Bowl win....

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Tender Williams and get FA C Linsley. Grab FA WR Agholor and FA ILB Williamson as well.

I don't know much about the draft prospects but from what I've seen of him I want us to draft OG Meinerz. Then we'll need a CB, OLB, TE, RB and a WR for kick returns.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Since the day he was drated I liked him and IMHO the D will suffer without him.

jjab360

Legend