Rams Coaching Staff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Well the MAtty Patty says a lot on it be not being on his play calling.
I don’t expect him to do any play calling, but he wouldn’t have been recruited if we were just going to ask him to sit there swivelling on his office chair.

He’s going to have some form of input, and his record last year wasn’t great. True, the Eagles’ defence didn’t improve much under Matt Patricia, but I remain underwhelmed by this acquisition.

Obviously, I hope to be proven wrong.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don’t expect him to do any play calling, but he wouldn’t have been recruited if we were just going to ask him to sit there swivelling on his office chair.

He’s going to have some form of input, and his record last year wasn’t great. True, the Eagles’ defence didn’t improve much under Matt Patricia, but I remain underwhelmed by this acquisition.

WOW - LMFAO - love u baby !!

You mean Dr.Desai doesn’t do it for you.A American Indian descent & up & coming coach under Sean Mcvay ?

Being a DC in The NFL is a pretty big deal,especially after a Super Bowl season.The Eagles were 10-3 with him as DC ? .It was also not his first DC job in The NFL .

I guess he doesn’t do it for you,but his poaching career &resume for a 40 year old coach isn’t all that bad to be on The Staff sort of Speak.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

McVay for the last several years has had a defensive coach, this year Desai, helping the offensive staff with processing what the defense is doing. He isn't going to be involved with the defense at all per McVay. His input will be with the offensive coaches and players.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I hadn’t seen that. Wikipedia had him as senior defensive assistant and still does.

IIRC, the actual description of his new job was "working with the offense from a defensive perspective". He was with Chicago (Defensive QC 2015-2018, Safties 2019-2020, DC in 2021), Seattle (Asst HC/defense asst. 2022) and Philly (DC 2023). He's coached against McVay's Rams 7 times allowing 134 pts (19.1 PPG) in those 7 games. He obviously has intimate knowledge of how 3 different teams approached defending McVay's offense....fairly successfully (1 of 6 games allowing more than 24 pts, 3 times 17 or less). Having a guy like that working with the offense from a defensive perspective might be productive. "This is what we had trouble with, that is what we did best, this is what we were expecting, this is what surprised us". It certainly can't hurt, can it?

Memphis Ram

Legend
Rob Calabrese - Former QB coach for Jets
Nate Scheelhaase - Former college QB
Jerry Schuplinski - Former Assistant QB coach

Draft Joe Milton, keep 3 QBs, and train him to an NFL QB.

To be honest, he might have been able to handle the Wentz vs. 49ers gameplan last season right now.:sunglasses:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Matt Patrica ruined Mac Jones

Reason a player retires early as well & you don’t like Seancvays hiring is a JOKE !! Track record speaks for itself,so it doesn’t matter except you’ll be WRONG! So there will be hope on your side of it thank God!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Matt Patrica ruined Mac Jones

Reason a player retires early as well & you don’t like Seancvays hiring is a JOKE !! Track record speaks for itself,so it doesn’t matter except you’ll be WRONG! So there will be hope on your side of it thank God!!

No need to be a dick. And Mac Jones was bad before Patricia look to BB if you want to see why Jones didn't work out.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
JOESPH NOTEBOOM will be a RAM next season.He will give back because of NEUTRAL RESPECT!!! What happens in Free Agency is anyone’s guess. Sean Mcvay talked about figuring it all out & talked about Joesph Noteboom & what he meant.
—I LMFAO at all the posters talking about CUTTING Noteboom. I get that part &he still could be ? Mcvay’s quite though is what gets me.Brian Allen gets cut so All these Posters are Saying STEVE AVILA at CENTER .

The quote Mcvay used about Noteboom was he was going to say Noteboom played or can play all for Offensive Line positions,but said he couldn’t because there was such a Stud Young LG is why he couldn’t.
—There’s no way Steve Avila is moving from LG.He is basically at Penciled in All Pro LG.
The Rams lost there young Assistant O’Line coach to Raheem.Ryan Wendall & Zak Kromer (Munchak) did an excellent job last season.

Well I was TOTALLY WRONG !!! It was hard to believe what The Rams did this off season!!

Who knew AD99 was going to retire as well.I know I was totally wrong.There were rumors especially last season he was going to retire .I had a little concern,because he was coming off an injury & The Rams season wasn’t very fun for him.

2023 with Kobe Turner & being so healthy.He said he had never been this healthy going into the playoffs.Sean Mcvay always gave him time off & trust he would keep himself in great shape.

Resigning Dotson & signing Johan Jackson allowed The Rams to have a dominanant front 3..Looking back I guess I also didn’t remember Steve Avila was THE NUMBER 1 Center in The 2023 Draft !! You add the 2 veteran Tackles & or resign Alaric Jackson.That gives you a JACKSON JACKSON Left Side.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
When the Rams win the Lombardi this year his staff will be raided like never before. With some of the overlapping responsibilities in the coaching staff, that turnover will be minimized. I think not only stategically his hires make sense for this year, but long term as well. This will help insure long term continuity overall.
Just curious with such a BOLD statement.

What Rams coaches will get jobs that will cause them to leave ? As posted yesterday The Rams win total is O/U 8 1/2.

There is a lot of coaching that is need to be done with such a young DEFENSE !!

The GREAT thing is The Rams organization gets it & keeps evolving as a organization.

What will see is come The Trade Dead Line The Rams will go for winning it all & fill in the needed pieces to do so.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nothing would surprise me with Shula. Hope he kicks ass but I don't really have a sense of certainty with him. Reminds me of the Morris hire in that way.

The Staley hire felt risky but focused. As in he was specifically brought in to install the Fangio scheme and teach it to McVay. But Morris I wondered if it was his first friend hire, as I didn't see any Fangio background.

Lesson for me in all that is McVay probably taught him and he proved good enough to do the job. And so with Shula I figure McVay won't let him fail but hopefully he can also get it done. But not particularly confident, moreso just hopeful.

Always the PESSIMIST !!!

Raheem helped win The Rams a SUPERBOWL !! That Eric Weedle find was GENIOUS!! He just got a HC position which brought The Rams 2 3rd rd DRAFT PICKS !!

Shula was hired with WADE PHILLIPS & LEARNED from him.
Then STALEY who F’ HIM(9er) loser !! Talk about a RISK !!! You see what the Chargers went through there Last 3 Seasons ???

Staley was only with The Rams 1 season.