Rams CB E.J. Gaines ready to help neutralize Cardinals WRs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Having Gaines back will help us quite a bit. Hopefully that means Sensasuck won't see the field, at all.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Isnt he getting paid like 15 million this yr

Had to look it up: $13.9 million per. But it's not like they had a choice, if they'd let both corners walk this defense would be ugly lol. It's pretty clear they have a very high opinion of Gaines and Joyner, and for good reason in my opinion.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
EJ Gaines return......This is very BIG indeed. IMO no other unit is in need of a some good news more than this CB unit. The first 3 games this unit has been shaky. But they held up enough but when your secondary gives Blaine Gabbert a best career game & looked like Joe Montana in his hey day you know you have a problem.

Thus far ....No INT's No sacks & absent big plays from the two $$$ vets near 14 million Trumaine Johnson, Coty Sensabaugh & 1st yr WWC Troy Hill. Now after a long LONG time of recovery from a major foot injury & surgery EJ Gaines will start his 2016 season. Last time EJ saw the field in regular season was game 15 of the 2014 season....a near 22 months ago:eek:. Just how much rust has he been able to knock off? Carson will be sure to ensure that large chunks of rust will be flying all over University of Phoenix Stadium.

In the first 3 games QB's have been able to feast off the two newer Rams Coty Sensabaugh & Troy Hill. With Gregg using Lamarcus Joyner as a Wild Card position a little SSLB'er, a little safety, a little Nickle-back trio or more different uses that has kept LJ from outside corner play giving Gregg Williams a very small CB cadre to work with. He must be feeling somewhat better going into the AZ desert today armed with EJ Gaines. Adding to concerns too is the play of deep safety Mo Alexander who assist these corners on deep pass plays has been late or more often not there. But GW wants to stop the run & Mo will do that very well but GW does place a ton of weight on these corners in payment of doing so. Mo is sure to be attacked today by the smart Carson Palmer & I will be busy :rant:in the Chat room today making everyone aware of this ongoing deep problem when GW places Mo in this position as deep safety.

This unit will have its hands full today & I would expect some major blows & hits to take place often against it. I seen nothing from this cadre as it stands today that indicates to me that these CB's will win much with Carson Palmer throwing against them with the Cards WR's & TE's if they play like they have thus far this season. Sad to say I think later tonight we will be disappointed :(with these DB's performance against the pass.

The DL must bail out this secondary today if we are to have even a slight chance of getting out of this game with a win. With the new Hayes & old Brockers injuries..... is sure to place demands on our first reserve DE Sims & back up NT Cam Thomas neither of those 2 named DL'ers are capable IMO of contributing much if anything. Finally the illness of Dominque Easley this past week has some concerns too because if Donald is shifted outside in the place of Hayes it would be DT Easley who gets the extra heavy duty lifting inside. GW better dress DE Matt Longacre because he can get pressure on Carson when the starters are wore down depending on Sims is futile.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Mo is sure to be attacked today by the smart Carson Palmer & I will be busy :rant:in the Chat room today making everyone aware of this ongoing deep problem when GW places Mo in this position as deep safety.
Mo can handle the deep middle...just you wait and see....

and how do you like posts now? Leave one day and a whole bunch of change and stuff???

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Mo can handle the deep middle...just you wait and see....

and how do you like posts now? Leave one day and a whole bunch of change and stuff???
It Shall return with better modifications to the "Like" button so I have been advised....just have some popcorn and wait:)

I have seen nothing yet from Mo that gives me your take on his ability to cover deep....I will be on this later today during the game in the chat so bring your " A game" as usual to combat :boxing:my great & dumb utterances :ROFLMAO:

I hope you can trash my arguement completly on Mo :snicker:.