Rams can keep Rams Park for $1.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I still haven't seen anything to suggest that Stan has actually told the city that he wants the land.
Neither have I. But I guess if it's going through legal channels, maybe he wasn't amenable to just dropping his claim to it.
We'll see what the outcome of the legal dispute is. But you can be legally right and morally wrong. And that doesn't make you any less of a crappy person.
This seems to be what it all drills down to. Whatever Stan does about this, it's apparently going to define his character.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
When was the interview with Demoff? Just curious.

The Task Force reportedly talked a lot of crap about him to his fellow owners, who then turned around and told him what they said. Additionally, Peacock himself suggested that they may force out Kroenke as an owner and get a new ownership in place to keep the Rams in St Louis. I remember that vividly because I felt it was incredibly arrogant and stupid of him to say such a thing. There was an article that came out shortly after the relocation that detailed some of why he blasted the city.

Blue I think it was a radio interview around midseason or a little earlier. The host asked where the Rams would be playing football next season and his reply was "I expect it to be St. Louis.".

I never heard anything about anyone talking shit about Kroenke other than the media and the fans. And I don't know why NFL owners would be talking to members of the task force.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We'll see what the outcome of the legal dispute is. But you can be legally right and morally wrong. And that doesn't make you any less of a crappy person.
I didn't realize that morality was involved in the contract in question.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Blue I think it was a radio interview around midseason or a little earlier. The host asked where the Rams would be playing football next season and his reply was "I expect it to be St. Louis.".

I never heard anything about anyone talking crap about Kroenke other than the media and the fans. And I don't know why NFL owners would be talking to members of the task force.
Did they expect to win the relocation vote? If they figured they would lose the vote he wasn't lying he's just, as usual, having you assign your hurt emotions to him.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So STL and the Rams agreed upon and executed a contract wherein that property became available to the Rams for a dollar in 2024. They also agreed on a lease wherein they would supply the Rams a top tier facility or the Rams could walk. But they want to honor neither, and are complaining about both? Do I have that much right? I don't really care who's morally obligated to do what's right. A contract is a contract, and I made my living on people claiming the contract they executed was unfair and wanted a "take back".

Hey. Here's an idea. Don't sign it in the first place then.

I essentially agree. The City made terrible deals and let the fox into the henhouse. Kronke made a fantastic deal which is what he does. The results are what should have been expected.

However, verbal agreements are also supposed to be binding and SK publicly told the people of St Louis he would do everything he could to keep the Rams in STL. Instead, after putting the worst product in NFL history on the field as our reward and profiting untold millions, he did all he could to move them.

Is he not also obligated to live up to his word? Well, obviously not. He wasn't even asked to by the NFL what he had done to meet this promise.

As a real estate billionaire, do you suppose he was laughing his ass off at a $700,000,000 clause he knew the city could never fulfill full well knowing he would never do a thing to help them?

I'm not interested in rehashing any of this, but the record is clear, he lied to us to get what he wanted and we don't need to rewrite history to excuse him. Being a smart business person doesn't make someone a good person.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Did they expect to win the relocation vote? If they figured they would lose the vote he wasn't lying he's just, as usual, having you assign your hurt emotions to him.

I'm not hurt. I've never lived in STL, but went several times to see the Rams play. I've never lived in LA either. I've been a fan of this team since I was a little kid in the late 60's. Where they have played has obviously made no difference to me. I'm guessing you are from LA. How many trips to STL did you make to see the Rams in the last two decades?

I have no hurt emotions. But I know a lie when I see it, and I know a turd when I smell it.

As far as assigning any emotions to it..........the fans that supported this team are probably emotionally hurt. And rightfully angry.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not interested in rehashing any of this, but the record is clear, he lied to us to get what he wanted and we don't need to rewrite history to excuse him. Being a smart business person doesn't make someone a good person.
Yeah, like I said, it's all going to drill down to this.
How he handles this issue with the land is going to *mostly* define his character.
For some, though, it really won't ping their radar if he walks away. They'll just say "big deal .. he's still a liar."

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not hurt. I've never lived in STL, but went several times to see the Rams play. I've never lived in LA either. I've been a fan of this team since I was a little kid in the late 60's. Where they have played has obviously made no difference to me. I'm guessing you are from LA. How many trips to STL did you make to see the Rams in the last two decades?

I have no hurt emotions. But I know a lie when I see it, and I know a turd when I smell it.

As far as assigning any emotions to it..........the fans that supported this team are probably emotionally hurt. And rightfully angry.
I also have never lived in LA or St Louis. This past year was the first time I haven't taken at least one trip to St Louis.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I essentially agree. The City made terrible deals and let the fox into the henhouse. Kronke made a fantastic deal which is what he does. The results are what should have been expected.

However, verbal agreements are also supposed to be binding and SK publicly told the people of St Louis he would do everything he could to keep the Rams in STL. Instead, after putting the worst product in NFL history on the field as our reward and profiting untold millions, he did all he could to move them.

Is he not also obligated to live up to his obligations? Well, obviously not. He wasn't even asked to by the NFL.

As a real estate billionaire, do you suppose he was laughing his ass off at a $700,000,000 clause he knew the city could never fulfill full well knowing he would never do a thing to help them?

John Shaw made the deal.

RamzFanz

Damnit

"I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis. Just as I did everything that I could to bring the team to St. Louis in 1995. I believe my actions speak for themselves."

It's not illegal, but is immoral.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Epitome.

And no, he's not.
But that's what makes him so adorable.

I'm ok being the enigma of maturity too though. I can bear both burdens.

In fact not only will I be the epitome of maturity I will be the epitaph of maturity too.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You're right, two lies don't make a right. The city lied with the contract and it's proposal to keep a top tier stadium. He lied when he said he would do everything he could to stay in St Louis. Just imagine how many less feelings would be hurt if the Rams never left LA.

"I'm going to attempt to do everything that I can to keep the Rams in St. Louis. Just as I did everything that I could to bring the team to St. Louis in 1995. I believe my actions speak for themselves."

It's not illegal, but is immoral.

Thanks but that didn't answer my statement.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm ok being the enigma of maturity too though. I can bear both burdens.

In fact not only will I be the epitome of maturity I will be the epitaph of maturity too.
That's cuz you have a thick epidermis.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yeah, like I said, it's all going to drill down to this.
How he handles this issue with the land is going to *mostly* define his character.
For some, though, it really won't ping their radar if he walks away. They'll just say "big deal .. he's still a liar."

If he returned the property or kept the property and made it publicly available to disadvantaged kids or the special olympics, it would move my rat meter a lot. As it is, I will put $100 cash on the table, 100 Rams Parks as it were, that he will take the property for $1 and profit off it if he is able to because people don't change their nature.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If he returned the property or kept the property and made it publicly available to disadvantaged kids or the special olympics, it would move my rat meter a lot. As it is, I will put $100 cash on the table, 100 Rams Parks as it were, that he will take the property for $1 and profit off if he is able to because people don't change their nature.
I won't take that bet. Billionaires don't become billionaires by walking away from a $19M investment opportunity off of a dollar buy-in. Let me ask you though. Does the other party bear no responsibility for giving him this provision when they lured the Rams over there? Are they scrupulous for trying to back out of something they offered and were willing to lose, no questions asked?

RamzFanz

Damnit
You're right, two lies don't make a right. The city lied with the contract and it's proposal to keep a top tier stadium. He lied when he said he would do everything he could to stay in St Louis. Just imagine how many less feelings would be hurt if the Rams never left LA.

I'm sure Kroenke lied, he publicly made a promise he didn't even attempt to keep, but I see no evidence the city did. Were they aware it would cost $700,000,000? We don't know. What we know now is that they made a deal with a devil and they couldn't live up to it. We do not in any way know they never intended to when they signed the lease. False accusation undermine your point.

Thanks but that didn't answer my statement.

Oh, I thought you were referring to his oral contract with the people. :whistle:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Morality is involved in just about everything a person does. The Rams left St. Louis. They made a lot of money by doing that. Relinquish the option, let the city sell the land, and enjoy LA. There's no reason to be a douche here. You're only screwing over the taxpayers by sticking it to the city. The taxpayers that you already screwed over when you took their team away from them...the team they spent years supporting financially.

If there's ever a time to show that the Rams have a heart, it's now. The Rams are gone. They don't need that land. The only reasons why they'd keep the option are to spite the city and to make a profit.(at the expense of the taxpayers)

The city already spent millions trying to keep the team. Relinquish the option and let them recoup their money. For the sake of the taxpayers that paid for the Rams.

I don't know how anyone could support the Rams refusing to do that here. It's just such a shitty way to handle the situation. Especially after the way they trashed St. Louis on the way out.