Rams Camp Live: Friday 6:30pm EST

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, nothing wrong with Brown being the solid #3.

If the Rams saw Henderson and Brown as the 1-2 punch, they wouldn’t have just spent their most premium draft pick on the position.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Good God John Kelly, you can't get a better pair of shorts
1597517281379.png

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah, nothing wrong with Brown being the solid #3.

If the Rams saw Henderson and Brown as the 1-2 punch, they wouldn’t have just spent their most premium draft pick on the position.

To me it was a no-brainer even with Todd Gurley. The Rams needed another RB. We can Blame the Offensive Line all we want,but Cam Akers was a good addition. I was a Taylor fan. Dobbins started to grow on me,but I knew it would be a RB. I don’t want to be a told you so,so I’m cheering for Cam Akers big time.

John Kelly has such stocky legs.Being a surfer boy, maybe he becomes like the Surfer guy with the 9ers ?

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
We shouldn’t be misled by early walk-through rotations.

Akers was drafted to hopefully assume the lead RB role. Moreover, I’ve read that he was considered a very good blocker at Florida State. So, that tells me two things.

1. Akers is already relatively polished in pass pro fundamentals and that should smooth the way in his transition to the NFL.

2. His college pass pro rating also tells me that he puts emphasis and effort in being a complete RB. Not all rookie RB’s have this mindset. This attitude was surely a large part of his appeal to the Rams.

My RB predictions remain the same. Akers and Hendy will probably have some kind of a rotation until McVay makes his decision on how he plans to give them their earned snaps. I predict that Akers will be getting the lions share, eventually. I am hopeful that Hendy has the lights come on this season playbook and pass pro wise. If he does, then this Ram RB tandem could be very special.

Brown will be the 3rd RB and valuable injury insurance policy as he has been for 4 years. A very nice 3rd RB for McVay’s stable.
Im sure it was the plan, but i don't think mcvay will risk his QB without testing his rookie QB. Without pre season there is no real way to know. They went thru the entire preseason last year thinking they were new enough about the 2 unproven OLinemen and were wrong. They have to know practice doesn't tell you enough about young players. The starter opening day will be Brown.