Rams Camp Live 2020: Day 2 in Pads, August 19th

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OL, pretty much gets destroyed, vs DL, but that’s expected in these drills. Edwards has a couple good reps. Donald made Boom look like he was 100 lbs. Lewis delivers a huge pop on his rep.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

is it really that had to get the mic feed right?

floyd looks like a beast out there. don't understand why he doesn't get many sacks.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The camera bouncing all over the fuck was far worse than the mic feed though lol. I could watch this shit in silence (without MJD's BS) and be perfectly happy. But that camera jesus.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek

is it really that had to get the mic feed right?

floyd looks like a beast out there. don't understand why he doesn't get many sacks.

He was never asked to get sacks, his job was in coverage and tackles. They had Mack for rushing the passer. Even O’Connell has mentioned that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was never asked to get sacks, his job was in coverage and tackles. They had Mack for rushing the passer. Even O’Connell has mentioned that.

yeah i know, but still. you'd think he'd get to the qb more.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
10 Observations from the Rams' second 2020 training camp practice in pads
Aug 19, 2020 at 05:00 PM
Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 6.27.06 PM

Stu Jackson
Staff Writer
After each practice of Rams Training Camp presented by UNIFY Financial Credit Union, Rams staff writer Stu Jackson will share 10 observations from the session. Here are his notes from Wednesday, Aug. 19.
1) The loudest pop of the pads came during 11-on-11 drills, when cornerback Jalen Ramsey collided with running back and fellow Florida State product Cam Akers.Don't read too much into it, though: It's merely just one Seminole looking after another by helping him get used to the physicality of the NFL. "I think Jalen cares a lot about Cam, and he's welcoming him into the NFL, if you will," Rams head coach Sean McVay said after practice. Ramsey echoed similar sentiments on Twitter afterward, too.

2) The first team offensive line had Joe Noteboom at left guard and Austin Corbett at right guard for the second consecutive day. McVay praised both afterward, saying Noteboom "picked up where he left off" and "looks very comfortable, looks healthy, looks explosive and strong" while complimenting Corbett's positional versatility.
3) The defensive backs continue to make plays. A couple of near-interceptions, but perhaps most impressive was Troy Hill's third-down pass breakup covering Cooper Kupp on a goal-line slant.
4) Baptism by fire for rookie offensive lineman Treymane Anchrum Jr., who went one-on-one against outside linebacker Leonard Floyd at left tackle and later Ogbo Okoronkwo. In fairness, Floyd and Okoronkwo's speed and physicality present a tough test for any offensive lineman, let alone a first-year NFL player.
5) Kickers were put in pressure situations again during team drills, called upon to hypothetical game-winning field goals. Austin MacGinnis and Sam Sloman each converted a pair near the 40-yard line.

6) On days like Wednesday, it is easy to see why offensive coordinator Kevin O'Connell is as confident as he is in John Wolford. Manning the second team offense against the second team defense, Wolford fired back-to-back touchdown passes to wide receiver Nsimba Webster during 11-on-11 work near the goal line.
7) Taylor Rapp did not participate in practice for the second consecutive day, but McVay later said he's hopeful to get the safety back on the practice field "in the next week or so." This meant that, for the second consecutive day, rookies Jordan Fuller and Terrell Burgess were afforded more opportunities.
8) Besides that hit against Akers, Ramsey had a nice pass breakup against wide receiver Josh Reynolds in the endzone during one-on-one drills.

9) Cornerback Darious Williams, who had an interception during team drills yesterday, continued his impressive play with a pass breakup against wide receiver Robert Woods in one-on-one drills.
10) Rookie running back Cam Akers had a nice moment against the second team defense, displaying patience and vision on a touchdown run to the right during 11-on-11 goal line work. "He's got great natural ability as a runner, I think he sees things," McVay said after practice. "He's got a great feel and tempo to his game."

MachS

Hall of Fame
2) The first team offensive line had Joe Noteboom at left guard and Austin Corbett at right guard for the second consecutive day. McVay praised both afterward, saying Noteboom "picked up where he left off" and "looks very comfortable, looks healthy, looks explosive and strong" while complimenting Corbett's positional versatility.

Dont understand why Noteboom is getting the snaps at LG. Picking up where he left off last year? What? On his ass?? What is McVay smoking, I cant believe Edwards isn't getting these reps. Didnt watch the training camp live 2day, but other posters said Noteboom was a turnstile in the OL/DL drills. Something is weird about this to me idk. Torn ACL + MCL 9 months ago and hes getting 1st team reps when Edwards clearly outplayed him last year?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The camera bouncing all over the fuck was far worse than the mic feed though lol. I could watch this shit in silence (without MJD's BS) and be perfectly happy. But that camera jesus.
You don't like MJD?? May I ask why?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's funny is in the snaps in the vid is that Boom looked a lot like he did last year, getting ragdolled a bit. And Edwards btw looked pretty solid. But I mean maybe the Rams are right who fuckin knows.

Long way to go. I'm not gonna get all worked up over a short window.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You don't like MJD?? May I ask why?
He spouts a lot of bullshit and generalities and if you listen to him you'll notice he doesn't always do his homework on the Rams. For the media types I expect ignorance, but for the ex-players I have a bit higher standard.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
If our kickers struggle like this we're going to be copying the Ravens and going for it on fourth and short from inside the orange zone. It's not a bad concept, but hopefully we can lean on our kicker when we need it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If our kickers struggle like this we're going to be copying the Ravens and going for it on fourth and short from inside the orange zone. It's not a bad concept, but hopefully we can lean on our kicker when we need it.

The Ravens doing it makes no sense, given that they have the best kicker in the league by far. You sure you aren't thinking of another team?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
The Ravens doing it makes no sense, given that they have the best kicker in the league by far. You sure you aren't thinking of another team?
Pretty sure. I've had a lot of therapy and still can't repress the memory of them running up the scoreboard against us last year.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Pretty sure. I've had a lot of therapy and still can't repress the memory of them running up the scoreboard against us last year.

Ah. I guess I blocked that game from my mind. Was Justin Tucker injured?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

they do it because they can.

Ram65

Legend
It's a little early to worry about the kickers having a bad day. We still have another one too. :)

Rams short-yardage success on the 3rd and 4th downs has been poor. They need to work on that.

I expect the kick competition to heat up very soon!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
It's a little early to worry about the kickers having a bad day. We still have another one too. :)

Rams short-yardage success on the 3rd and 4th downs has been poor. They need to work on that.

I expect the kick competition to heat up very soon!
Yeah, where's that Lirim Hulahoop guy anyway??