Rams Bros podcast with Jourdan on it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend

Longish listen, just skip to Jourdan's parts:

- Talks about Tutu most likely their target at 57 and certainly didn't want to trade back from 57 and lose him. (Also in her column today).
- Drafted not for position, but for traits with so many starters set (Tutu had traits that were missing from offense).
- She takes them to task for not drafting oline
- Talks about desire to fix coverage units on ST in a tough NFC West where razor thin margins might be difference between win and loss
- Joe Decamillis had big voice from 4th round on on who to draft
- Nick Scott played himself off ST and into safety rotation (prob do both but less of his focus will be on ST). Troy Warner becomes the new Nick Scott on ST.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Thanks for posting.
Jourdan is more impressive it seems every time I hear her, she hits on all the important points so many of us here want to better understand, from the analytics to the individual players right thru to the method for the madness. Her take on the OL is also very similar to many of our own. Its long, could have done without some of the brotherly banter, but once Jourdan entered the room it became a worthy conversation for those questioning the draft. jmo.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Longish listen, just skip to Jourdan's parts:

- Talks about Tutu most likely their target at 57 and certainly didn't want to trade back from 57 and lose him. (Also in her column today).
- Drafted not for position, but for traits with so many starters set (Tutu had traits that were missing from offense).
- She takes them to task for not drafting oline
- Talks about desire to fix coverage units on ST in a tough NFC West where razor thin margins might be difference between win and loss
- Joe Decamillis had big voice from 4th round on on who to draft
- Nick Scott played himself off ST and into safety rotation (prob do both but less of his focus will be on ST). Troy Warner becomes the new Nick Scott on ST.

Bump. This is a must listen. It’s pretty cool anyway. Thanks for getting this up, Coast.

If you don’t have much time...

Jump to 45:15. That’s when Jourdan is on.

Give it 8 minutes. It’s interesting insights and perspective. Decide from there how long to keep going.

(y)

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Wow, so if what she said is true about the Rams trading back to the mid 60s from 57, that makes the Tutu pick much much worse in my eyes. He would have been there in the mid 60s. Smh

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow, so if what she said is true about the Rams trading back to the mid 60s from 57, that makes the Tutu pick much much worse in my eyes. He would have been there in the mid 60s. Smh

Wow, 8 picks later. The horror.

The cards and seafucks ruined their plans when they took the other two smurfs just before the Rams pick. They decided it wasn't worth the risk trading back and just took their guy.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Wow, 8 picks later. The horror.

The cards and seafucks ruined their plans when they took the other two smurfs just before the Rams pick. They decided it wasn't worth the risk trading back and just took their guy.

Its not just the 8 picks later, it's that we could have drafted him along with another added draft pick. I'm confident he would have been there.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
JR like Fred Warner's brother to make the team. I like the fact they drafted players specifically for special teams....this year with an eye towards growing into a position. She likes Bobby Brown and Robert Rochel. Good listen. Makes me feel even better about the draft.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Its not just the 8 picks later, it's that we could have drafted him along with another added draft pick. I'm confident he would have been there.

You're confident the other teams didn't like him or had him ranked much, much lower?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
JR like Fred Warner's brother to make the team. I like the fact they drafted players specifically for special teams....this year with an eye towards growing into a position. She likes Bobby Brown and Robert Rochel. Good listen. Makes me feel even better about the draft.
That would be awesome for Fred Warner's bro to make the team. Definitely interested in seeing Rochel I'm action too.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
You're confident the other teams didn't like him or had him ranked much, much lower?
Yup I am, so I would have pulled the trigger. With that said, I ain't the GM either so lol. It would have been awesome if we made that trade and still got him. Probably would have been able to add an IOL prospect or someone of interest with that extra pick. Makes that pick easier to take in my eyes. Its obvious that the Rams saw the run of some WRs before that pick and decided to play it safe and draft Atwell.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The Rams were confident that they would not lose both Bobby Wagner and Lavonte David if they just moved down three spots but they did.

That's OK. They got an extra pick and turned it into Rokevious Watkins.

dang

Legend
So we are moving forward from the draft. What are the chances the Rams add any significant FAs. The best fits available IMO:

S Nelson/B Poole CB
T Murphy/R Kerrigan EDGE
A Reiter OC

I’d love Engram, Atkins, Wright but I gotta believe they’re still looking for big $$$$.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Its obvious that the Rams saw the run of some WRs before that pick and decided to play it safe and draft Atwell.
Smart drafting then, I'd say. Plus there were 6 WRs taken from 57 - 91 (34 picks or a tick over 1 round) and their 2nd pick was #88. Maybe that's why they trade down out of 88 to get 117 and 121? Then after getting their ILB and DT, they traded down again and managed to get the CB. I'd say they filled 3 areas of need right there with speed, run stuffing and coverage. Then got the ST demon who might develop to run fast seam routes and be a red zone weapon. Hey, I was with everybody else on drafting OL but you don't fill every need every year.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Thanks for posting.
Jourdan is more impressive it seems every time I hear her, she hits on all the important points so many of us here want to better understand, from the analytics to the individual players right thru to the method for the madness. Her take on the OL is also very similar to many of our own. Its long, could have done without some of the brotherly banter, but once Jourdan entered the room it became a worthy conversation for those questioning the draft. jmo.
Yeah, agree. But she whiffed on predicting multiple oline draft picks by the Rams. It wasn't an irrational prediction by any means, but just not what the Rams actually intended.

xander47

Rookie
She reported the chiefs likely would have picked him if he fell to them. Guess Andy Reid and the chiefs also have bad scouting on offense. /s

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah, agree. But she whiffed on predicting multiple oline draft picks by the Rams. It wasn't an irrational prediction by any means, but just not what the Rams actually intended.

Can't hardly hold that against her as at least 3/4's of ROD expected an offensive lineman to be drafted somewhere.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
She reported the chiefs likely would have picked him if he fell to them. Guess Andy Reid and the chiefs also have bad scouting on offense. /s
Didn't hear anything about the Chiefs being interested in him, so I missed that, but I still doubt they would have. I'd still would have taken that risk of trading out, but we didn't do we'll obviously see how it works I'm the near future.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Smart drafting then, I'd say. Plus there were 6 WRs taken from 57 - 91 (34 picks or a tick over 1 round) and their 2nd pick was #88. Maybe that's why they trade down out of 88 to get 117 and 121? Then after getting their ILB and DT, they traded down again and managed to get the CB. I'd say they filled 3 areas of need right there with speed, run stuffing and coverage. Then got the ST demon who might develop to run fast seam routes and be a red zone weapon. Hey, I was with everybody else on drafting OL but you don't fill every need every year.
I'd call it playing safe drafting vs smart drafting since literally none of us can predict if was a smart pick for a couple of years although we'll all obviously speculate lol. Feel we would have gotten more bang fro the buck trading out 1st pick of the draft. We'll see how it all pans out though.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
If you have your eyes on a particular guy, and he’s the guy you want, then you don’t get cute trying to trade down. You get the guy you want now.

Trading down only makes sense if there’s a group or several guys you like relatively equal and thus you can trade down knowing one of them should still be there. Not when you have ONE guy - only takes one team to screw you in the ars.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
If you have your eyes on a particular guy, and he’s the guy you want, then you don’t get cute trying to trade down. You get the guy you want now.

Trading down only makes sense if there’s a group or several guys you like relatively equal and thus you can trade down knowing one of them should still be there. Not when you have ONE guy - only takes one team to screw you in the ars.
I get the logic there although I don't believe Atwell to be a make or break pick at all. As I've said, I believe he would have been there and would have chanced it with the extra prize being, get more picks.