Rams bracing for the possible departures of Dante Fowler and Cory Littleton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I can live with losing 1 ..... but they better not fuckin' lose both !!

Some team is going to overpay them. I'd rather it not be us. I'll take two third round compensatory picks, especially for Fowler; we have tremendous - if unproven - depth. And Littleton is all but gone; he's going to ask for a contract around, say, 14 million - and that's a conservative guess.

fearsomefour

Legend
Sounds like Kromer wants his scrub buddy Blythe back. That alone validates my low opinion of Kromer. He obviously does not break down game film. He's probably one of those lazy coaches that lets PFF do his thinking for him.
Knows the system, can play three positions and most importantly, is affordable.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Yeah, I'd really hate to lose both, along with Brock. That's some holes to fill.

Ram65

Legend

I was thinking around $2.5M before you pointed out he has a much higher value.

How about 3 years for $10.6M?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can live with losing 1 ..... but they better not fuckin' lose both !!

Well, losing 1 is inevitable. I'm not sure the Rams can afford either. They have very limited cap space. If they use the space wisely, that's all I ask. Signing either might not qualify as all that wise - especially if they can pick up a third or more, or a third and a fourth, and leave cap space to sign some of their free agents for 2021.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Some team is going to overpay them. I'd rather it not be us. I'll take two third round compensatory picks, especially for Fowler; we have tremendous - if unproven - depth. And Littleton is all but gone; he's going to ask for a contract around, say, 14 million - and that's a conservative guess.
I agree it would be foolish & dumb!

IF..................Littleton & Fowler follows Brockers as I would highly expect the Rams world will not end. It would not be a big negative in the end game.

Brockers go $10 mil a yr, one would think that since the ER's have been thinned out with tags DF Jr can expect a $15 to $16 mil gig with Littleton signing for around $12 mil a yr. Just right there your looking as certain two 3rds & an easy 4th rd CDPA's in 2021 added to what was a pathetic draft ammo. Rams go a 3rd rounder for Saffold with his $11 mil a yr gig in this upcoming draft. That would be 4 selection on day two of the draft that's a very goo d thing.

Snead just needs to refraim from getting involved in the first 2 tiers of FA'cy & stay focused on considering the recent released street SFA/EFA's & sign our own UFA's like Whitworth/ GZ/ Blythe & work on Draft selection trades for our underperforming large contracted Rams.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I agree it would be foolish & dumb!

IF..................Littleton & Fowler follows Brockers as I would highly expect the Rams world will not end. It would not be a big negative in the end game.

Brockers go $10 mil a yr, one would think that since the ER's have been thinned out with tags DF Jr can expect a $15 to $16 mil gig with Littleton signing for around $13 mil a yr. Just right there your looking as certain two 3rds & an easy 4th rd CDPA's in 2021 added to what was a pathetic draft ammo. Rams go a 3rd rounder for Saffold with his $11 mil a yr gig in this upcoming draft. That would be 4 selection on day two of the draft that's a very goo d thing.

Snead just needs to refraim from getting involved in the first 2 tiers of FA'cy & stay focused on considering the recent released street SFA/EFA's & sign our own UFA's like Whitworth/ GZ/ Blythe & work on Draft selection trades for our underperforming large contracted Rams.

Now you want Blythe back ???
GZ ?? At what cost ??

I’ll let the Front Office do there thing. McSnead Is trying to put the pieces together. Just read how they wanted to get things done. How ever they decide to go about it it will have a Domino effect.

My take right now is Fowler might still be in play ?? I could be way of the Mark,but he was such a core player ever since he became a Ram.
Samson,,OO,Clay can handle a lot of the load though if Fowler walks.It’s a hard call,but the one thing McSnead wants to do is get a solid number & decide from there. Fowler talked about going to Arizona which would suck. If he wants out he is gone.
-The reason I even bring this up is because I think Fowler & The Rams make a excellent match. He showed show much LOVE & PASSION in games.
Go back to the Rams & 9ers last game in the 4th qrt. That is where I’ve dug my thoughts from. Yes I like Austin Blythe at center, because of his veteran leadership moving forward. It’s handed off from John Sullivan. His price should fit right ??
Who knows, but time will soon tell.I just remember all the HATE for Brockers last season because of his Contract!!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Factoring in age, both Littleton and Fowler for $15 million are better "deals" than Brockers for $10 million - all are around average/above average starting caliber.

So it's kind of sketchy that we've heard little about Littleton and Fowler - almost like maybe the Rams said "let us free up some space and we'll sign both of you".

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I'm going to miss Littleton... Seeing him rise from a late round pick to a pro bowl level player has been amazing..and I wish him all the best..

looking forward... I really want us to move this guy back inside and see if he can bring this type of heat for us..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_rMsVW6caI

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Uhhh. Wow. Saffold all over again - that's not really an overpay for Littleton. UGH.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This team is going to look a lot different next year.....

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Now you want Blythe back ???
I guess you have missed some of my recent posts on Blythe? Let me help if you want it & this can get you caught up. Thank me later;)

I posted the below post back on Jan 18, 2020:
Seriously I might rethink heavy on Austin Blythe (AB). I know AB failed over 2 seasons as our starting RG. I also know his starts @ center as the back up to Allen was also not to be desired. However taking that into consideration....AB is already set up in LA.

#1- AB is a well known commodity by the Rams coaches & he knows this offense inside & out!

#2- AB is well liked by his other OL cadre by numerous comments reported on by his teammates.

#3- AB has a good history with the Colts & Rams when AB held the OL position as reserve.

#4- AB was injured very early (gm.#2) ankle/knee combo & missed 1 1/2 gms. AB's back up Jamil Demby who filled in for him was a total disaster & might have caused the ill-advised early return & from what I can read into this ankle injury & in hind site is AB should have taken much more time off from starting wk #4 & spent many more weeks being involved in a rehabbing event.

#5- In addition to endeavor to persevere due to that injured ankle all season AB just undergone both shoulder surgery.

The only issue that Snead will have with the resigning of AB is it will have direct effect on his efforts & activities to optimize to secure the Rams future 2021 Compensatory Draft Pick Awards (CDPA).

If I were Snead I might save myself some serious amount of time if he considered offering UFA Austin Blythe a contract to fill LARAMSinFeb. desires.....AB is a veteran starting interior OL'er with 37 starts @ RG/OC/RT/LG. AB has played in 59 NFL gms. AB has two seasons under his resume as a high quality back up too.;)

I then followed up with this below post on Feb 20, 2020:

https://ramsondemand.com/threads/ra...remaining-with-team.57499/page-6#post-1291486
I am in favor of adding in some veterans into this OL either as a starter or reserve.
"Rams current 2020 OL has only one signed aged OL'er in Havenstein. High probability Rams will go with 3 OL starters each having less than 10 gms worth of starts in 2019"......... Some aging is needed in starting OL'ers.

"Blythe's truthful Resume should read like this - I can provide you (NFL team) veteran versatile RESERVE OL'er who has experience starting & playing all three interior post & even @ RT.".........

Last edited: