Rams bracing for the possible departures of Dante Fowler and Cory Littleton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So how did this make the Rams better? I hope to God, Fowler is worth it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sounds like Kromer wants his scrub buddy Blythe back. That alone validates my low opinion of Kromer. He obviously does not break down game film. He's probably one of those lazy coaches that lets PFF do his thinking for him.
Well if they really do want him back I would hope they offered him a very low and affordable deal with the plan to draft a starting Center and use him as a swing depth option. Not going to panic until I see them actually pay the dude substantial money.

And the second and third tier of FAs are ahead still. This isn't over yet it's just beginning.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Sounds like Kromer wants his scrub buddy Blythe back. That alone validates my low opinion of Kromer. He obviously does not break down game film. He's probably one of those lazy coaches that lets PFF do his thinking for him.

‘Wow! You certainly gave a hard-on for Kromer (and Blythe), oldnotdead. Lol.

Generally, I enjoy and resonate with most of your opinions, man. But on Kromer? Did he run over your puppy or something?

I mean, ‘Doesn’t break down film’? Lazy coach? PFF does his thinking for him?

After Kromer’s long and distinguished career? Seriously?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
‘Wow! You certainly gave a hard-on for Kromer (and Blythe), oldnotdead. Lol.

Generally, I enjoy and resonate with most of your opinions, man. But on Kromer? Did he run over your puppy or something?

I mean, ‘Doesn’t break down film’? Lazy coach? PFF does his thinking for him?

After Kromer’s long and distinguished career? Seriously?

Hard to understand.The 3 seasons under Mcvay The Rams Offensive Lines have been good. Last season yes it was shaky but at the end of the day The young players got coached up.Your talking 3 21-22 year olds.

Still wondering about Fowler

Last edited:

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
That comp pick for Littleton will look juicy. Best of luck to him, he’s okay at best with run defense but is a phenomenal coverage linebacker; Raiders equipped themselves for improvement in pass defense, especially having to face the Chiefs twice

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Cory Littleton gone to Raiders....reported 16 hours ago? Why is ROD not my one stop shop for breaking news? This news could have been new thread with informative title.

P.S. I'm just bitching because I'm hurting inside.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cory Littleton gone to Raiders....reported 16 hours ago? Why is ROD not my one stop shop for breaking news? This news could have been new thread with informative title.

I'm pretty sure someone started a new thread about it but it was moved back to the free agency thread.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I”ll keeping MCSNEAD Mucked this one up by not signing Littleton to a Ram Friendly contract last year, or even the season before. Now Cory Littleton out played his worth.
My hope is The Rams lock up Fowler. He is a core player.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
That comp pick for Littleton will look juicy. Best of luck to him, he’s okay at best with run defense but is a phenomenal coverage linebacker; Raiders equipped themselves for improvement in pass defense, especially having to face the Chiefs twice
I thought he might be worth a 3rd, but OTC is calculating the threshold much higher based on the current contracts. He looks pretty solidly to be a 4th.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I guess you have missed some of my recent posts on Blythe? Let me help if you want it & this can get you caught up. Thank me later;)

I posted the below post back on Jan 18, 2020:
Seriously I might rethink heavy on Austin Blythe (AB). I know AB failed over 2 seasons as our starting RG. I also know his starts @ center as the back up to Allen was also not to be desired. However taking that into consideration....AB is already set up in LA.

#1- AB is a well known commodity by the Rams coaches & he knows this offense inside & out!

#2- AB is well liked by his other OL cadre by numerous comments reported on by his teammates.

#3- AB has a good history with the Colts & Rams when AB held the OL position as reserve.

#4- AB was injured very early (gm.#2) ankle/knee combo & missed 1 1/2 gms. AB's back up Jamil Demby who filled in for him was a total disaster & might have caused the ill-advised early return & from what I can read into this ankle injury & in hind site is AB should have taken much more time off from starting wk #4 & spent many more weeks being involved in a rehabbing event.

#5- In addition to endeavor to persevere due to that injured ankle all season AB just undergone both shoulder surgery.

The only issue that Snead will have with the resigning of AB is it will have direct effect on his efforts & activities to optimize to secure the Rams future 2021 Compensatory Draft Pick Awards (CDPA).

If I were Snead I might save myself some serious amount of time if he considered offering UFA Austin Blythe a contract to fill LARAMSinFeb. desires.....AB is a veteran starting interior OL'er with 37 starts @ RG/OC/RT/LG. AB has played in 59 NFL gms. AB has two seasons under his resume as a high quality back up too.;)

I then followed up with this below post on Feb 20, 2020:

https://ramsondemand.com/threads/ra...remaining-with-team.57499/page-6#post-1291486
I am in favor of adding in some veterans into this OL either as a starter or reserve.
"Rams current 2020 OL has only one signed aged OL'er in Havenstein. High probability Rams will go with 3 OL starters each having less than 10 gms worth of starts in 2019"......... Some aging is needed in starting OL'ers.

"Blythe's truthful Resume should read like this - I can provide you (NFL team) veteran versatile RESERVE OL'er who has experience starting & playing all three interior post & even @ RT.".........

I can tell you thank you,but it wasn’t hard to figure out. Who was going to make the play call?? A rookie center. Now Allen has to beat out Shelton Coleman.
I mean you’ve liked Demby before, I have not been a fan & lost a ROD over Williams making the Rams roster. Demby got cut from The Rams & then cut again by Lions??
Still your not even a Fan of Whitworth!! How many offensive lineman is Kromer keeping ?? Eight ???
That was why Williams got cut ,not because Demby was better.

We know Austin Blythe can be a starting OG for a SuperBowl team, so he gives The Rams depth. That is a good thing for Brian Allen.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I'm a fan of Fowler but the Rams didn't have that kind of money to throw at him that I know of...