Rams Begin OTA'S

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It is, and tbh my hope is that someone else steps up or emerges into that 100 reception/1000 yd role.
That Gurley/Tavon rushing combo was very effective last season with all the speed & misdirection stuff. Imagine how much more effective it would be with a 1000 yd WR on the outside...or a legit threat at TE or in the slot.

Of course i'd like to see Tavon's role expand a bit as a receiver on the outside, but not at the expense of what worked really well at the LOS last season. There is no one else on the roster who can pose a threat running around East and West pre-snap with Gurley back there like Tavon can. Defenses had some trouble with those formations and sets.

When Gurley gets involved in the passing game it's going to add another wrinkle and defenses are going to have even more trouble.

Not many teams have one guy that can take it all the way from the backfield and this team has two.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Tavon Austin poised to have a big year in L.A.
by Keith Rivas 2 days ago Follow @bkrivas95
We could see Tavon Austin develop into something special in Los Angeles.

The new change of scenario is great for the Rams franchise, and the idea of getting a fresh start on the offensive end isn’t a bad place for the team to be either.

That in mind, wide receiver Tavon Austin has to go into this next season with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, despite the reality of lofty expectations for the former top-ten pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Developing other weapons on offense like running back Todd Gurley and rookie quarterback Jared Goff will be crucial in Austin’s further development and role with the team.

As a report from SB Nation’s Turf Show Times explains, the emphasis for this next season is on how Los Angeles uses Austin, as that will make all the difference on the field.

Expectations for Austin are only going to increase now that the Rams added two receiving threats in Pharoh Cooper and Michael Thomas.

Austin was practically ineffective during the 2014-15 season, scoring no touchdowns on 31 catches, 44 targets, and 15 games played in his sophomore year in the NFL.

Compared to last year, however, Austin’s vision on the field, explosiveness, and ability to weave in, around, and even through defenses is getting better with more experience.

And the numbers speak for themselves.

While Austin has only gotten nine touchdowns during his tenure in the league, five of them came from the chaotic Rams offense of a year ago.

If Los Angeles can provide stability at the quarterback position throughout at least the majority of the season, Austin should do just fine if he’s continually given the opportunity to perform.

The Rams can get the help they need from Austin, he just needs this season to go out and prove himself on the field away from the lofty goals he failed to reach in St. Louis.
That was as poorly written as it was uninformative. Please tell me that was just some random fan on a message board. I refuse to believe someone would pay for something the average 12 year old could write.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Damn, Tavon is going to catch 100 balls this year? I think the kid can do it. But that's a pretty big prediction to make.

Coming from Fisher, I see this as more of a challenge than a prediction.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That was as poorly written as it was uninformative. Please tell me that was just some random fan on a message board. I refuse to believe someone would pay for something the average 12 year old could write.

Keith Rivas
@bkrivas95

@bkrivas95
Editor for @la_sportshub and always looking forward to God's next adventure.

Not only does he get paid to write, he's also the editor...for something called sports hub, he's been at it for 3 years...

It is the offseason I guess....here ya go....let Tavon's gear speak for him
temp160529_011_Rams_OTA--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just got back from MY 1st OTA in Oxnard!!!!! What did I see, and Learn, you ask!?!

NOTHING MUCH!! The practices where closed to the public! I did speak with one man, walking around with a Rams Logo'd pass hanging around his neck, he informed me the practice was closed and with both agreed it was worth my trip anyway!
I did get close enough to see a lot off rams practicing ( In White Jersey's with Blue Numbers, and the all had on Long dark blue shorts) about 200 yards away!
I did see one "Hot" Black Chick walking around with, what I would call a 'New Rams Throw-Back' Cap Blue with a Yellow Brim, and an Old fashioned Rams Log embroidered on the front (it was White) Very Cool looking Cap!
But I can give you a pretty good description of what you'll see, if you go their! Looking at this Photo(Below)

OTA Photo.jpg
Behind the Players here is the North, No Access! To the Right more of the same! BUT!! To the left is a Golf Course, next time I'll get some good peaks from their!! And from were the Photo was taken that's were the Residence Inn/ Ramada Inn Complexes are at! Lot of rooms to stay in!

You may find this piece Boring, But it was Fun checking it out for the 1st Time! And I had my wife and Grand-Daughter with me!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I just got back from MY 1st OTA in Oxnard!!!!! What did I see, and Learn, you ask!?!

NOTHING MUCH!! The practices where closed to the public! I did speak with one man, walking around with a Rams Logo'd pass hanging around his neck, he informed me the practice was closed and with both agreed it was worth my trip anyway!
I did get close enough to see a lot off rams practicing ( In White Jersey's with Blue Numbers, and the all had on Long dark blue shorts) about 200 yards away!
I did see one "Hot" Black Chick walking around with, what I would call a 'New Rams Throw-Back' Cap Blue with a Yellow Brim, and an Old fashioned Rams Log embroidered on the front (it was White) Very Cool looking Cap!
But I can give you a pretty good description of what you'll see, if you go their! Looking at this Photo(Below)

View attachment 13886 Behind the Players here is the North, No Access! To the Right more of the same! BUT!! To the left is a Golf Course, next time I'll get some good peaks from their!! And from were the Photo was taken that's were the Residence Inn/ Ramada Inn Complexes are at! Lot of rooms to stay in!

You may find this piece Boring, But it was Fun checking it out for the 1st Time! And I had my wife and Grand-Daughter with me!
This is unacceptable recon Dave.
Next time I want a full report!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Anyone know what is up with TJ, Personal issues legal trouble? I don't remember any news on him other than the injury he is recovering from.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Anyone know what is up with TJ, Personal issues legal trouble? I don't remember any news on him other than the injury he is recovering from.
He wrecked his car under a controlled substance, called the cops, then waited for them.
It wasn't alcohol, though. Possibly prescription meds