Rams beat Seahawks MEDIA FALLOUT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Facebook is garbage (GMFB for some reason loves FB). They talk up the Rams towards the end but overlook two key probs IMO: special teams and LT due to Whit injury. Still a good listen.

View: https://www.facebook.com/nflnetwork/videos/gmfb-who-wins-the-nfc-west/775161543040914/?__so__=permalink&__rv__=related_videos

Something else though, when they throw out how you going to cover the Cardinals offense....pick your poison, Kyler or Hopkins?

I mean we saw the Rams answer that equation on Sunday with Wilson and Metcalf. We have the guys to do that. We can contain Wilson and nullify a dominant WR. Seattle can't run the football right now which clearly made that easier, i admit.

My question is do the Cardinals have the guys to run the football on us? I'm not so sure. Murray running around is not the same thing as lining up against our guys and giving the ball to their backs and getting yards consistently. A QB getting 60 yds/gm scrambling around is a weapon no doubt, but it ain't the same as calling run and getting good yardage against a stout front like ours or any other good fronts. Especially when you have to close a game in the 4th qtr.

For all intents and purposes Murray is their leading rusher(behind Drake by like 5 yds). Drake is "okay." I think Chase Edmunds is a better matchup vs our D but whatever, my point is Murray and Hopkins are clearly the guys to stop and i don't see them having the ability to hand it off and run on us at all.

Rams have the matchups to take away the two things they do best which is control and contain Murray at the LOS(like we always do to Wilson) and contain/shutdown Hopkins...who is just as dominant as Metcalf. Ramsey and Williams are lights out right now.

First things first though. We're headed to Tampa aren't we?
I can't wait to beat Arizona.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That play should never have happened.

Buffalo allowed that to happen with one of the worst defensive calls of any team this year. Had they played a hail mary defense, they win the game.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

man john johnson is a natural in front of the camera. he definitely has the stuff to have a career in the media after he retires.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

man john johnson is a natural in front of the camera. he definitely has the stuff to have a career in the media after he retires.

I was thinking the same thing as well and also thinking about him in a front office job. Don't know why I just get that vibe from him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I had a hard time getting to this thread until this morning. Lots of fun stuff there for Rams fans.

The “blame” going Wilson’s way seems silly. He’s the least of their problems.

jap

Legend
I had a hard time getting to this thread until this morning. Lots of fun stuff there for Rams fans.

The “blame” going Wilson’s way seems silly. He’s the least of their problems.

People love simplistic answers when things go wrong, even if those answers are overly simplistic and just plain wrong. Russell is probably the best WB we face every season. It's just that we play him twice a year and know his tendencies very well. It doesn't hurt that we have some top players who tend to bring their "A" game whenever we face him too.

Russell needs help from his teammates like anyone else, and they usually do not come through for him against us.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Something else though, when they throw out how you going to cover the Cardinals offense....pick your poison, Kyler or Hopkins?

I mean we saw the Rams answer that equation on Sunday with Wilson and Metcalf. We have the guys to do that. We can contain Wilson and nullify a dominant WR. Seattle can't run the football right now which clearly made that easier, i admit.

My question is do the Cardinals have the guys to run the football on us? I'm not so sure. Murray running around is not the same thing as lining up against our guys and giving the ball to their backs and getting yards consistently. A QB getting 60 yds/gm scrambling around is a weapon no doubt, but it ain't the same as calling run and getting good yardage against a stout front like ours or any other good fronts. Especially when you have to close a game in the 4th qtr.

For all intents and purposes Murray is their leading rusher(behind Drake by like 5 yds). Drake is "okay." I think Chase Edmunds is a better matchup vs our D but whatever, my point is Murray and Hopkins are clearly the guys to stop and i don't see them having the ability to hand it off and run on us at all.

Rams have the matchups to take away the two things they do best which is control and contain Murray at the LOS(like we always do to Wilson) and contain/shutdown Hopkins...who is just as dominant as Metcalf. Ramsey and Williams are lights out right now.

First things first though. We're headed to Tampa aren't we?
I can't wait to beat Arizona.
The Cardinals should not be that difficult. Every AZ TD seems like a Murray run on a read option, and the defenders look confused, like they don't know which player to tackle. All free rushers should go straight for Murray every time!

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
The Cardinals should not be that difficult. Every AZ TD seems like a Murray run on a read option, and the defenders look confused, like they don't know which player to tackle. All free rushers should go straight for Murray every time!
Cream him weather he has the ball or not. It is legal under those conditions. It is why many of the earlier QBs to do that stopped. He is considered a runner. No QB protection. Not sure why that tactic isn't being used. Even if the running back makes a good play, the hits pile up and getting the ball out of Murray's hands seems like the best move. Thats how the bulls beat the lakers. Beat up magic and make him get rid of the ball.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That play should never have happened.

Buffalo allowed that to happen with one of the worst defensive calls of any team this year. Had they played a hail mary defense, they win the game.
Honestly, I think Buffalo played it perfectly, BUT Zona caught a bit of a break in that the ball wasnt much of a spiral, bordering on a duck. So it sort of floated a bit causing what appeared to be the defenders totally mistiming the jump. Incredible arm strength by Murray to have gotten that much out of it considering. A tight spiral likely clears the end zone

Tano

Legend
Honestly, I think Buffalo played it perfectly, BUT Zona caught a bit of a break in that the ball wasnt much of a spiral, bordering on a duck. So it sort of floated a bit causing what appeared to be the defenders totally mistiming the jump. Incredible arm strength by Murray to have gotten that much out of it considering. A tight spiral likely clears the end zone
One of the defenders jumped a good 1 second before the ball got there. Completely mistimed his jump and wasn't even looking for the ball.

I blame that catch on him.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
One of the defenders jumped a good 1 second before the ball got there. Completely mistimed his jump and wasn't even looking for the ball.

I blame that catch on him.
Defenders should never have jumped. Wait to pull the ball out on the receivers way down.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems like odd timing for ESPN to run with this story
1605821623795.png