Rams beat Colts Celebration Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Hindsight is 20/20. I hated the call after how well Sony was running between the tackles, but if the jet sweep goes for 10 yards we're all singing a different tune. McVay has his reasons and is a great play caller. Sometimes the defense just makes a great play. Darius Leonard is an all pro ILB. And sometimes the defense just calls the perfect coverage for what we're running. It happens, its the NFL.

We have such a high standard for McVay, we expect to have a schematic or play calling advantage in every game we play. We do MOST of the time. I'd say 90%+ of the time we have a better gameplan/scheme/play caller. But not always (see the super bowl). And thats why I think this year our offense will be our best yet. Because when McVay doesn't win himself, Stafford can still make a play and win off schedule or when the play breaks down. And McVay hasn't had that since he's been coaching.
If you look at the play the TE or T didn't chip him he went to the second level. Last week the TE didn't chip the end and same shit happened. Moral of this story hit the first guy then worry about the second level because if you don't the RB or WR on those sweeps will never get to the 2nd level.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
He's not a Ram. So I don't give a fuck if someone believes in him or not at this point. I quit believing in him some time ago.

If you do and want to strap on that white armor and knight around on some high horse in his defense keep on man. I just think it's a waste of time. Whenever someone inevitably wants to put digs in on any ex-Ram whether it's Goff or anyone else it really makes them look sort of petty tbh so I don't see the reason for all that. But you do you. :clinkingbeer:
I read your post and know you are pretty stubborn about your opinions. I didn't expect contrition, but calling me petty is the pot calling the kettle black.
I don't believe in him. I just believe one of the reasons we were even in the SB deserves credit for it. He is also not the only reason he went backwards in his play. You even documented many of the reasons. Oline, play calling, ect. I mentioned getting paid and his girl friend.
Look Goff disappointed me too, but taking a swipe at him out of the blue really necessary? Now that is the definition of Petty.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I read your post and know you are pretty stubborn about your opinions. I didn't expect contrition, but calling me petty is the pot calling the kettle black.
I don't believe in him. I just believe one of the reasons we were even in the SB deserves credit for it. He is also not the only reason he went backwards in his play. You even documented many of the reasons. Oline, play calling, ect. I mentioned getting paid and his girl friend.
Look Goff disappointed me too, but taking a swipe at him out of the blue really necessary? Now that is the definition of Petty.
To say it is petty to bash on ex-Rams is accurate though don't you think? I have made snide comments about ex-Rams and it's nothing I've ever felt good about when I read my takes later. I'm guilty of it too. So I think it is accurate.

I have never not given him credit for getting us to the Super Bowl or for getting us through that game in New Orleans, etc. In fact the only difference between you and I in all this is that you're defending him. Because besides that we both have the same take judging on the quote above. And again if you want to defend him that's fine by me. I'm just of the mind that he's a big boy and has the talent to make people wrong if he wants to, and this is a Rams board and who fucking cares about a guy who's in powder blue.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If this is a celebration, y'all suck at partying...

We got an ugly win on the road against a team that was playoff caliber last season. Those are precious. They are usually the difference between making the playoffs and sitting home in January.

Yeah, yeah, the Stafford/Goff debate is gonna go on for awhile. I think we all know this.

And no one's gonna suggest that we don't have umpteen things to improve on.

But... there are 17 games in the regular season. Can we not just celebrate a win?

Has McVay spoiled us so much that we can't appreciate the ugly wins?

I sure hope not.

So put on your party hart, grab a drink and give us a huge WHOOOOOO!!!! The Rams won!!! 2-0 baby!!!

And get those enthusiasm batteries charged up!!! WE gotta kick Tampa's ass this Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The cherry on the Sundae is that the She pigeons blew a 4th quarter lead and lost to the Titans. If only that Viking kicker had made the FG we would have had the chocolate sauce on that sundae.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's because the Rams are going with only one receiver, Cooper Kupp.

As always Kupp starts the season like a house on fire. After a few weeks defenses will begin to bracket him and he will cool off a bit. I hope Jefferson can step up because we know woods will always be there, dependable as ever.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
As always Kupp starts the season like a house on fire. After a few weeks defenses will begin to bracket him and he will cool off a bit. I hope Jefferson can step up because we know woods will always be there, dependable as ever.

Hope Jackson steps up as well. This week would be good.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
If this is a celebration, y'all suck at partying...

We got an ugly win on the road against a team that was playoff caliber last season. Those are precious. They are usually the difference between making the playoffs and sitting home in January.

Yeah, yeah, the Stafford/Goff debate is gonna go on for awhile. I think we all know this.

And no one's gonna suggest that we don't have umpteen things to improve on.

But... there are 17 games in the regular season. Can we not just celebrate a win?

Has McVay spoiled us so much that we can't appreciate the ugly wins?

I sure hope not.

So put on your party hart, grab a drink and give us a huge WHOOOOOO!!!! The Rams won!!! 2-0 baby!!!

And get those enthusiasm batteries charged up!!! WE gotta kick Tampa's ass this Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lilly-the-deer.jpg

I'm ready to watch the Rams kick Tampa's ass this weekend! I couldn't watch the game, so I'm not mad about anything. We won, so everything is good.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice one olders. Kupp is absolutely mustard, superb player.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
"Kupp is absolutely mustard"

Is that like a British thing or a typo?

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Kupp is absolutely mustard"

Is that like a British thing or a typo?

What does mustard have to do with excellence?​

It’s not clear exactly why we say cut the mustard. Some have proposed literal derivations, such as cutting down (harvesting) mustard plants. Others have suggested connections to the phrase pass muster, when a solider gets approval after troops are assembled together for inspection. Evidence for these origins are wanting.

Clues can be found in earlier mustard expressions. Mustard adds spice, zest, piquancy. This may not be obvious in everyday yellow mustard, but slather some English mustard like Colman’s on your frankfurter … and you’ll be feeling the heat!

That’s why, as early as the 1600s, hot/strong/keen as mustard was a figure of speech for something extremely powerful, passionate, or enthusiastic. These qualities are very admirable or desirable, so it’s perhaps no surprise that mustard took the jump to connotations of “genuine, superior, excellent.”

Earlier in the 20th century, people even went around calling each other mustard! He’s mustard, for example, means “He’s great.” It’s this idea, of mustard as “excellent” or “great,” that seems to be at work in cut the mustard.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend

What does mustard have to do with excellence?​

It’s not clear exactly why we say cut the mustard. Some have proposed literal derivations, such as cutting down (harvesting) mustard plants. Others have suggested connections to the phrase pass muster, when a solider gets approval after troops are assembled together for inspection. Evidence for these origins are wanting.

Clues can be found in earlier mustard expressions. Mustard adds spice, zest, piquancy. This may not be obvious in everyday yellow mustard, but slather some English mustard like Colman’s on your frankfurter … and you’ll be feeling the heat!

That’s why, as early as the 1600s, hot/strong/keen as mustard was a figure of speech for something extremely powerful, passionate, or enthusiastic. These qualities are very admirable or desirable, so it’s perhaps no surprise that mustard took the jump to connotations of “genuine, superior, excellent.”

Earlier in the 20th century, people even went around calling each other mustard! He’s mustard, for example, means “He’s great.” It’s this idea, of mustard as “excellent” or “great,” that seems to be at work in cut the mustard.
So...... Are you over 100?

Just kidding :laugh2: