Rams awarded 5 comp picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Who did the 9ers lose that was worth better comp picks than the Rams?
1709938790849.png

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From what we were expecting, 177 is basically now 254. We already thought we were going to have four picks in the 6th and that's still the case.

Maybe there's a kicker we like that will be under the radar and it won't matter?

I strongly suspect one of those 3rd rounders turns into a 4th and 5th

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Seriously though, the Garoppolo deal was big (the 4th rounder).

The others, i believe, were for Ebukam, Omenihu and Al-Shaair

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Mayfield only got a $4m contract. Matt Gay got more than that per year. Why were people expecting a 5th round comp for that?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
From what we were expecting, 177 is basically now 254. We already thought we were going to have four picks in the 6th and that's still the case.

No.
The projected 5th (#177) turned-out to be a 6th (#209).
One of the projected 6ths turned out to be a 7th.
They already had Denver's 6th. So with the three comp 6's, the Rams have four total in the 6th round.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
.Mayfield only got a $4m contract. Matt Gay got more than that per year. Why were people expecting a 5th round comp for that?

I believe several sites projected the Rams previously anticipated 6th for Mayfield would increase to a 5th after he earned another $3M in incentives. These sites were apparently wrong.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No.
The projected 5th (#177) turned-out to be a 6th (#209).
One of the projected 6ths turned out to be a 7th.
They already had Denver's 6th. So with the three comp 6's, the Rams have four total in the 6th round.

We're saying the same thing. I was just breaking it down a different way...I know the projected 5th ended up a 6th, and a 6th ended up a 7th. But if you just look at the numbers and rounds, projected versus the actual, the only real difference is that 177 is now 254.

And I meant 4 total picks in the 6th - that's what we thought we'd have and that's what we have.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Seriously though, the Garoppolo deal was big (the 4th rounder).

The others, i believe, were for Ebukam, Omenihu and Al-Shaair

Yes, jimmy g-string, and their former DC who got a HC job were significant but I forgot about the others.
Ebukam is still hanging around. Good for him. I always liked that pick and rooted for him to start.
I found his tenure on the 9ers “difficult.”

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

Mayfield only got a $4m contract. Matt Gay got more than that per year. Why were people expecting a 5th round comp for that?

Mayfield is reportedly asking 40 million a year right now, and Tampa still hasn't resigned him. He might end up in Atlanta if they are smart. Too bad we didn't get a comp for a deal like that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What sucks is that between picks 98 & 195, they have only 2 picks and they are back to back at 153 & 154... They will definitely trade back and or trade up to fill those gaps.
That's why we trade down from 52 to pick up a 4th and keep pick 19.

dang

Legend
The most important thing: Four picks in the top 100. Need two starters and two contributors that play a lot from those four picks. To me that is a reasonable expectation.
The Rams have a lot of starting positions open at this point in the offseason. Some will likely be filled by promotion (Allen/TE, Lake/S, Robinson/WR3) but Edge, ILB2, CB1, CB2, S, K, LT, OC, DE are wide open. Gotta believe FA will be used to fill another 3-4. Like last year that leaves a lot of opportunity for the rookies.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
That's why we trade down from 52 to pick up a 4th and keep pick 19.
If we trade down to #58 we could add #117, middle of the 4th. Or we could stay where we are. Maybe they'll need extra time to dry off after the first 4!!